The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Congrats on the Op - such a versatile piece - I love how the dial changes color in different lighting conditions. goes well w everything and flys under the radar. Is yours a 36?
7123FDE8-C4BD-4310-80F5-A022F728B312.jpeg
Likewise my good sir. My wrist is too big for a 36, so 41 for me. The other dials were a bit too much for my personal taste but this one just hits differently.

For the past month I've basically been wearing this GS SBGA413 anytime I'm not at work. Alas I somehow got a big scratch on the bracelet. Disheartening, but it was gonna happen sometime. I have no intention to sell the watch anyway.

Accuracy is wild at about +5 secs over the month. I find myself looking at the caseback every time I take off the watch; sucks GS felt the need to put that lion logo on.

Screenshot_20230517_174911_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230517_174928_Gallery.jpg

Woman accused of drugging date in Miami, stealing $600,000 in jewelry

Among the pricey items taken were a Rolex Daytona rainbow watch with diamonds, Sky-Dweller Rolex, a gold chain, Franco gold bracelets, Cartier sunglasses, and a rose gold diamond ring.

$600k? Sheesh :lol:
I think my setup combined is around a modest €14-15k, not including my granddad's bracelet I bought far under value from a relative who inherited it after his passing.

I don't really worry about getting robbed but I have epilepsy so whenever I randomly pass out, it wouldn't be hard to take everything, or just lose them myself somehow.
Last time I had a seizure, it was in a public square in Ghent and all I remembered was walking on my way to the movie theater to meet up with friends, then suddenly coming to my senses in the ambulance. The actual seizure where I'm completely passed out only lasts about 1 to at most 3-4 minutes but there's a roughly 30-45 minute window where I'm basically a zoned out zombie, talking nonsense and unable to recall anything afterwards. Still had all my jewelry on thankfully but I did lose my prescription glasses somehow, and the ambulance said they didn't see or hear about glasses.

Don't overlook Jacob and Co too. They do a bunch of fun color dialed watches since he's still young, having just graduated high school.

You could get him something like this if he's a Batman fan

jacobandcocom_697742493.jpg

I went into a Rolex AD for the first time and inquired about a Datejust 41 (grey dial, fluted bezel, jubilee) and she took my info and said it shouldn’t be too long of a wait to get one. We shall see 🤞🏾

random in store deal? Nice score, I'd wear
Random deal, it was marked at retail and rang up for $5.50 when it was scanned.

Longer explanation: I switched back to a “regular” watch a few months ago after wearing an Apple Watch the last few years. I normally go once a week to see what Casio’s they have, and noticed this DW5600 in one of the cases last week. Picked up a Baby G for my wife that was already marked down while we were there.

Back
Top Bottom