The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

That salmon dial Patek perpetual looks amazing. And the Alarm Travel Time, my goodness.

But easy to enjoy the pics now and never think about either again as Patek is far beyond my means.

a lot are picking tudor which is understandable, they got the most wearable and obtainable and still affordable pieces

So any word on what got discontinued from rolex?

the le mans daytona, its been replaced by a solid yellow gold version

i think people are still trying to sort out whats disappeared from the rolex website on what else has been discontinued

im pretty sure wristchecks gon have that list by the end of this week if not the next

Hublot Big Bang Integrated 38m

1712758150172.png

1712758166738.png

1712758184162.png

1712758198036.png

1712758207915.png

Ben Baller claims higher end watch brands like AP and Patek slowed down on making yellow gold pieces because they didn’t want to be associated with hip hop?

bs

ap embraces it beingnhighly associated with hip-hop and black athletes

just collabed with travis scott and has kevin hart and setena williams as their spokesperson

and outside of the gmt2, all rolex new release are precious metals and there are plenty of yg

Last edited:
its funny, just finished listening to hodinkees first day coverage and they mentioned that the denim strap on the patek is actually an ode/homage to travis scott

not really sure how one relates to the other but then again i dont know much about travis scott

but yah, all these brands loving all the business and screen time they are getting

vacheron this year actually has a whole family of overseas in yellow gold with green dial

Heading back to the AD this weekend to follow up/show my face again to increase my chances. Any tips? Figured I’d remind the sales professional that I was recently there and put my name down, maybe talk about the 2024 releases by Rolex, etc.

Heading back to the AD this weekend to follow up/show my face again to increase my chances. Any tips? Figured I’d remind the sales professional that I was recently there and put my name down, maybe talk about the 2024 releases by Rolex, etc.

I've seen guys on TRF who stop by bringing donuts, coffee, and giftcards to the entire staff to remind them. Others will buy chocolates as a gift too.

That can't be me though. It's not like those sales people are going to be sucking my dink

establish a connection with the same person every time you visit, in my experience the sals associates do not like sharing clients and usually if you move to the next one, its like starting at the back of the line again

and talking about watches helps, just make it sound like you're just a fan and not some resellers who knows whats gon resell well

as for gifts, i got my sales associate some leather straps and thats mostly because she had a panthere and didnt know where to get 15mm straps while i got some from amazon that was like $12 each for my americaine that didnt work out and they happen to be 15mm too so i just gave it to her instead of returning it, plus she is young and pretty so it didnt hurt to be a little flirty :lol:

and to be honest, if it was a dude i would have just returned them to amazon

she has gotten a moonswatch from one of her clients though, now thats a bit much

Back
Top Bottom