The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Thread>show tbh :lol: haven't watched in over a yr but still read the comic, and keep up with the foolishness through y'all

the ratings were better on other seasons but i dont see how really... this show is the same as it was before which is slow... it had its occasional good episode where there was a fight going on or someone died but this show was always slow... my favorite part was a few situations like when rick bit dudes neck, negan killing glen, michonne killing governors daughter, carl offing his mom, finding sophie last episode, michonne killing governor, merl vs daryl, all of season 5 was lit except when beth was in the hospital but when she did die wow, the last episode when rick slit negan and also negan taking out simons guts... theres obviously more that i left out and i can go on all day but my point is the walking dead is a slow show all together and definitely had its lit episodes im just surprised it had better ratings before when it was the same show from start to now... imo the dropoff is because a lot of fan favorite characters died like glenn for example and others of course

You're saying this is still enjoyable, I disagree. I DVR the show and watch a day or two later. It's not something I make a big deal out of like I did years ago. For that reason, I don't even bother with Fear The Walking Dead. I think even the best shows need to end at some reasonable point. 8 full seasons is nuts. GoT has reached the end and I'm looking forward to seeing them going out strong. Yeah, I'll miss the show but all shows must die.
Regardless of you dvring or what not you still wasting your time watching a show you don't like.. it ain't like it's a 30 min. Show either so you wasting an hour of your life

Anyway to my comic book people. Did y’all notice the line of post in the field on the final battle? Reference to the whispers?

Last edited:
I’m not a comic book reader but clue me in. What is the posts and the heard have to do with the whispers or is it whisperers?
whisperers are humans who disguise themselves as the dead. Literally they cut the skin off walkers and wear it on themselves so they can walk freely along side big herd packs. When they are walking they only speak with a whisper. Their story arc should be next the next big thing and brings walkers back in action instead of humans

Reactions: ARK
whisperers are humans who disguise themselves as the dead. Literally they cut the skin off walkers and wear it on themselves so they can walk freely along side big herd packs. When they are walking they only speak with a whisper. Their story arc should be next the next big thing and brings walkers back in action instead of humans

also the posts represent the boundary of the Whisperers territory, they don’t like people crossing it and kill a couple known characters for doing so

Reactions: ARK
Realistically I see it ending after 2 seasons but if it continues to get good rating it will last longer. I say that because in the comics the whispers are the enemies after the savior's and after them who's next in the comics? But then again they don't always follow the comics 100%

tbh, i think the show is about to turn full heel and go away from the comics. new showrunner (thank God) plus killing off carl? The introduction of the helicopter people (which is most likely the people we're seeing right now in the comics) is another new group which at this point in time in twd shouldn't exist. They also showed that huge horde of walkers which is probably the whisperers. I'm thinking next season will catch the show up to the comic, and then the show will go off in whatever direction they want by the end of this next season.

this military coup maggie is planning doesnt exist. and with the death of carl, theyve killed off multiple storylines that wouldve come up. theyre definitely about to go in their own direction with the show. that in itself makes me curious enough to watch

tbh, i think the show is about to turn full heel and go away from the comics. new showrunner (thank God) plus killing off carl? The introduction of the helicopter people (which is most likely the people we're seeing right now in the comics) is another new group which at this point in time in twd shouldn't exist. They also showed that huge horde of walkers which is probably the whisperers. I'm thinking next season will catch the show up to the comic, and then the show will go off in whatever direction they want by the end of this next season.

this military coup maggie is planning doesnt exist. and with the death of carl, theyve killed off multiple storylines that wouldve come up. theyre definitely about to go in their own direction with the show. that in itself makes me curious enough to watch

Idk exactly how the Maggie **** happened in the show but in the comics

Didn't they also have tension over Negan which didn't end up really being a full on coup? I figured that would be what happens in the show. They want the viewers to think she's turning heel but nothing comes of it

Nah Maggie wasn’t happy in the comics but said glenn would of approved of not killing Negan. Which makes no sense in the show cause the whole thing has been about Glenn with Daryl and Maggie

my only disappointment in the show so far is killing off carl... they could of let negan live and not kill off carl... he has such a big role in the comics thats why he had more to offer in the show... but the way the producers made it seem was like they had to kill of carl to let negan live and so rick can now show mercy... i disagree with it but whatever its over dude is dead

was the actor playing carl coming up on negotiations? could see him wanting a bump in pay and they decided to kill him off :lol:

Everything Rick touches goes to hell
Atlanta, Herschel's farm, the prison, Alexandria

to be fair, everything has already went to hell. he just shows up right before things blow up. atlanta was already wrecked it wasnt his fault. herschels farm had a barn full of walkers on the property. the prison was prime real estate so of course someone wanted it. alexandria was an intact suburb until outside forces decided they wanted to move in. right? i mean rick doesnt make the BEST decisions, but i wouldnt say hes the cause of their troubles.

Back
Top Bottom