The Youngest Person Ever to Face Life Without Parole

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by diceloveme

NT, you sadden me...

At 11 he knew what he was doing? NO.

Sure, we know what things are. We know there are punishments for things. But at 11, your complete perspective is not developed. PERIOD. You can't on one account make all of these designations in the law for what is and isn't an adult, and then just throw them away. It's not fair. And no matter how heinous the crime or criminal, the point of rule-of-law is to give EVERYONE a just trial. There's nothing just about telling people they aren't old enough to have sex until 16; old enough to make life decisions until 18; old enough to drink until 21, etc only to say, "But you are old enough to be punished as an adult."

It's unconstitutional if you ask me.

I did A LOT of things at 11 that I'd never do today. A few animals may have gone missing. I don't recall... A few building may have been vandalized or set on fire.... I don't remember. All I know is that I grew out of and away from mischief in general. I'm not saying don't punish the little bastard for what he did. I'm saying throw him in KIDS' JAIL! He's a kid! Theeeeeeeen throw him in big people jail with a possibility of parole after 15 or 20. There is nothing a mislead kid can do to not deserve another chance. Period. He's a child..
grin.gif
At 11 you know right from wrong.
knowing and understanding are two vastly different words. Just think of how much you *knew* about women, relationships, or sex at 11.
You can't compare that to walking in bed room where your step mom and unborn brother are sleeping, shooting them, leaving for school as if nothing happened.

I'm not saying don't punish the little bastard for what he did. I'm saying throw him in KIDS' JAIL! He's a kid! Theeeeeeeen throw him in big people jail with a possibility of parole after 15 or 20. There is nothing a mislead kid can do to not deserve another chance. Period. He's a child..

i agree with this for the most part. maybe life in prison at 11 is harsh. juvie til 16 or so. but damn, it was premeditated, so he DID (imo) know what he was doing.
he just wasnt aware of the consequences behind it, ie misled

NT, you sadden me...

Sure, we know what things are. We know there are punishments for things. But at 11, your complete perspective is not developed. PERIOD. You can't on one account make all of these designations in the law for what is and isn't an adult, and then just throw them away. It's not fair. And no matter how heinous the crime or criminal, the point of rule-of-law is to give EVERYONE a just trial. There's nothing just about telling people they aren't old enough to have sex until 16; old enough to make life decisions until 18; old enough to drink until 21, etc only to say, "But you are old enough to be punished as an adult."

I did A LOT of things at 11 that I'd never do today. A few animals may have gone missing. I don't recall... A few building may have been vandalized or set on fire.... I don't remember. All I know is that I grew out of and away from mischief in general. I'm not saying don't punish the little bastard for what he did. I'm saying throw him in KIDS' JAIL! He's a kid! Theeeeeeeen throw him in big people jail with a possibility of parole after 15 or 20. There is nothing a mislead kid can do to not deserve another chance. Period. He's a child..
grin.gif
knowing and understanding are two vastly different words. Just think of how much you *knew* about women, relationships, or sex at 11.

eyes.gif
the kid got the gun as a gift, he was also more than likely a hunter so I'm sure the kid understood the concept of death/killing something. I have an 11 year old brother, I'm not just going out on a limb guessing what I did or didn't understand at 11, I'm sure this kid knew and understood EXACTLY what he was doing, he may not have understood he was throwing his life away but if that was a defense there would be a lot more people making that argument...

throw away the key

he knew he was doing...dude has a shotgun deigned especially for him... he knew what guns do, as he is a hunter....lock him up

This kid is left to his own devices will kill again. I can guarantee that with mathematical certainty. He is not fit for society. Some of you are suggesting he does not know the full implications of his actions due to his age (fine, I'll let this crap slide). But, He will grow into a monster. Better to prevent more deaths.

Originally Posted by Stillmatic718

NT, you sadden me...

grin.gif

eyes.gif
the kid got the gun as a gift, he was also more than likely a hunter so I'm sure the kid understood the concept of death/killing something. I have an 11 year old brother, I'm not just going out on a limb guessing what I did or didn't understand at 11, I'm sure this kid knew and understood EXACTLY what he was doing, he may not have understood he was throwing his life away but if that was a defense there would be a lot more people making that argument...

throw away the key

I see that same fence differently..

Over here in MY yard, that says to me that he was desensitized to understanding the true nature of taking a life. It's not like he had Neeytiri and Rafiki next to him preaching about "clean kills" and the sacred circle of life and all that %%@%. Inbetween hollywood flicks, *rap songs*, and GTA iterations, when is a kid supposed to actually learn the real gravity of taking a life? He's used to shooting and killing deer. There's 12 deer or more for everybody with the balls to attack one.

He probably just didn't...think... it through. Sre, he thought out the process of murder, but you can tell just by his going off to school like "ah well.." that he didn't fully think this thing out. HE probably couldn't see past whatever emotion he felt at the time, which is typical of children.

Even and still, being guilty as all hell --  he's still under 18. That makes him a juvenile. I don't believe in trying kids as adults. Why? BEcause we have juvenile courts for that. Disagree? So then why have it in the first place? I also don't believe in writing things on paper, making them into LAW, and then manipulating that law as you see fit -- which is exactly what happenes in cases where you say, "Well yeah, clearly he's a kid. When he did the crime, he was a kid. But today we'll just pretend he's an adult so that we can punish him harder." What? That's hypocritical. That's just wrong...

"Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned" - Anatole France
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

While I hate to bring race into it...I really don't think people would be as up in arms if this was a black kid.

That being said, I don't know about you, but at 11 I knew it was wrong to kill someone. While it would suck to basically grow up in prison, dude knew what he was doing.

I say make an example out of him.
Then don't.

A WHITE kid is facing life without parole and you're worried about what would happen to a black kid instead.

Stop instigating.

Im not trying to justify the kids actions but that was his dads fiance not his wife or the kids mother

kids at that age likely have a type of hate for the "new" person in the family and probably hated the fact she was having a baby that wasn't by his mom, annnd might be jealous of the attention the baby would be getting

so he just figured he'd kill her, but that doesnt mean that he aint messed up in the head, cause dude had to have lost all reasoning as to what he did. She could have possibly made him mad and contributed to her death

yet again im not defending him but life in prison with no parole at that age is ludicrous

plus with how society is nowadays killing isn't as "terrible" for lack of a better word, as it was years ago

ie. kids playing video games killing all the time, movies ect. i mean they do it virtually all the time

*and i love video games

kid should at least serve half of his life and at most life with chance of parole

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

While I hate to bring race into it...I really don't think people would be as up in arms if this was a black kid.

That being said, I don't know about you, but at 11 I knew it was wrong to kill someone. While it would suck to basically grow up in prison, dude knew what he was doing.

Then don't.

A WHITE kid is facing life without parole and you're worried about what would happen to a black kid instead.

Stop instigating.
But he's right... he's SO right. It's not called instigating when you're not the one starting the problem.

*and i love video games
Not as much as I love rap music
grin.gif
. So I FEEL you. I mean hell, I was just in a MORGUE and all I kept thinking was "This ain't nearly as bad as the *%%@ I seen on the internet". People act so appalled by death as if they themselves don't relish in all it's entertaining value... so then it's all like, "Hey, let's throw this kid in jail with grown %+% boy rapers and men that knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they killed somebody!" It's disgusting. I can't tell if they are doing it to protect the public, punish the guilty, or entertain their own sick agendas. OF course it's all 3. But they only claim the first 2. No one is willing to admit they love getting revenge this way... but they do. Even with kids man... and they say HE'S $#*$@% up in the head
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Then don't.

Stop instigating.
The rest of the post had nothing to do with race.

Practice what you preach.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Stillmatic718

NT, you sadden me...

grin.gif

eyes.gif

throw away the key

I see that same fence differently..

Over here in MY yard, that says to me that he was desensitized to understanding the true nature of taking a life. It's not like he had Neeytiri and Rafiki next to him preaching about "clean kills" and the sacred circle of life and all that %%@%. Inbetween hollywood flicks, *rap songs*, and GTA iterations, when is a kid supposed to actually learn the real gravity of taking a life? He's used to shooting and killing deer. There's 12 deer or more for everybody with the balls to attack one.

He probably just didn't...think... it through. Sre, he thought out the process of murder, but you can tell just by his going off to school like "ah well.." that he didn't fully think this thing out. HE probably couldn't see past whatever emotion he felt at the time, which is typical of children.

Even and still, being guilty as all hell --  he's still under 18. That makes him a juvenile. I don't believe in trying kids as adults. Why? BEcause we have juvenile courts for that. Disagree? So then why have it in the first place? I also don't believe in writing things on paper, making them into LAW, and then manipulating that law as you see fit -- which is exactly what happenes in cases where you say, "Well yeah, clearly he's a kid. When he did the crime, he was a kid. But today we'll just pretend he's an adult so that we can punish him harder." What? That's hypocritical. That's just wrong...

"Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned" - Anatole France
[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

I'm in the minority here, but I have to agree with Murda He.  I think its easy for a lot of us to make a snap judgment about what an 11 year old knew or didnt know, but thats only because we have had the life experience to get a better understanding not only of ourselves, but of society and how it works.

I'm not saying that this kid should get a free pass at 18, but life without parole is too harsh for a kid this young. 

Either way this kid is screwed. He'll grow up in prison and possibly at some point be set out into a world that is not going to help him at all. He won't even know how to act in socially acceptable ways. He'll be one of those that commit crimes just to get back to the environment they know and are comfortable with. That and I firmly believe there is something wrong with this child and it's not going to go away.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Either way this kid is screwed. He'll grow up in prison and possibly at some point be set out into a world that is not going to help him at all. He won't even know how to act in socially acceptable ways. He'll be one of those that commit crimes just to get back to the environment they know and are comfortable with.

1000% agreed... but he deserves a chance. 

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

stupid +#* lil boy
30t6p3b.gif

going through puberty in jail = life fail
I don't think he'll be enjoying his manhood long enough.

NT, help me understand this fallacy

the aim of giving people prison terms is to rehabilitate them, correct?

why would you give out a life sentence without parole if you're goal is to rehabilitate the person?

i support the death penalty.

but im actually against jail....well, the jail WE have.

i wish we could copy canada, and ALL jail terms be served in "solitary confinement"

from petty breaking and entering (a couple weeks)

to murder ( a couple years)

the entire prison culture will be deaded.

it will no longer be dangerous to work there...

it will no longer be dangerous to be there....

sentence time will be cut SEVERELY

and im pretty sure nobody would be in a rush to go back to jail.....even the most jail-bird type dude...

NT, help me understand this fallacy

the aim of giving people prison terms is to rehabilitate them, correct?

why would you give out a life sentence without parole if you're goal is to rehabilitate the person?

i support the death penalty.

but im actually against jail....well, the jail WE have.

i wish we could copy canada, and ALL jail terms be served in "solitary confinement"

from petty breaking and entering (a couple weeks)

to murder ( a couple years)

the entire prison culture will be deaded.

it will no longer be dangerous to work there...

it will no longer be dangerous to be there....

sentence time will be cut SEVERELY

and im pretty sure nobody would be in a rush to go back to jail.....even the most jail-bird type dude...

I have no problem with this punishment, shooting her in the back of the head while she was asleep and pregnant...that is cold blooded.

DAMN.
I thought the kid was gonna be a little older than that.
He was definitely on some
other @%%* when he pulled the trigger,but life for an 11 year old?
I don't even know HOW to feel about that.

Back
Top Bottom