The Youngest Person Ever to Face Life Without Parole

he deserves it. the murder was premeditated and he killed a lady while she was sleeping. lock his dumb @%# up.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Either way this kid is screwed. He'll grow up in prison and possibly at some point be set out into a world that is not going to help him at all. He won't even know how to act in socially acceptable ways. He'll be one of those that commit crimes just to get back to the environment they know and are comfortable with. That and I firmly believe there is something wrong with this child and it's not going to go away

No parole

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Either way this kid is screwed. He'll grow up in prison and possibly at some point be set out into a world that is not going to help him at all. He won't even know how to act in socially acceptable ways. He'll be one of those that commit crimes just to get back to the environment they know and are comfortable with. That and I firmly believe there is something wrong with this child and it's not going to go away

No parole

Right, as it stands now no parole.  But if he were to be given a chance ie parole he'd most likely be  screwed anyways.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

NT, help me understand this fallacy

the aim of giving people prison terms is to rehabilitate them, correct?

Not anymore. But, you knew that already.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

merely pointing out the hypocrisy, bro

Lock his *** up for good without the chance of parole.. This fool killed his dads fiancee and got on the school bus like nothing happened. I don't care if he's 11 he killed someone and it was all premeditated so lock him up and his butt

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

merely pointing out the hypocrisy, bro
It's a damn shame, homie.

tired.gif

Why life? Bring him out back, put one in his head, and bill his family for the bullet. We need to start cleansing our society of scums and useless wastes of human space and resources. And this goes WAY past just the killers, rapists, and child molesters. We need a full revamping of our society. This country is turning into a dump.

primary purpose of prison is not for rehabilitation - it is to separate the harmful elements away from mainstream society. 

Originally Posted by blacklion23

A life sentence is a bit harsh for his age but he has to be punished for this. I'm quite sure, at age 11, he knew what he was doing.

A shotgun made specifically for children???
30t6p3b.gif

I'm saying though.

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF

We need to start cleansing our society of scums and useless wastes of human space and resources.
He was 11.

ELEVEN.

I'm not saying what he did was normal or OK, I'm just saying every 11 year old I ever knew was 100% certain they'd be an NBA player... Just stop and think for a second how ridiculous our thought processes really are at that age. Don't look back at it from a grown ups perspective. Really try to remember just for a second how different th world was to you back then. Truth be told, I was mad homicidal as a kid. I just never did it. I wanted to kill EVERYBODY for everything
laugh.gif
. I was just an angry as Young-er Rilla until I found self expression via written and spoken word. That's how kid's are; super impulsive and mad at everything. This one just did  something he couldn't undo... and he did it in a horrible way.  The ones we should consider "scum and useless wastes of human space and resources" aren't the kid murderers, it's the adult ones. Childhood is where we learn to be useful. He's still learning, apparently.  

I doubt he understood the full consequences at age 11. Sure he knew killing her would taker her life but does he understand the aftermath. sad story all around 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

We need to start cleansing our society of scums and useless wastes of human space and resources.
He was 11.

ELEVEN.

I'm not saying what he did was normal or OK, I'm just saying every 11 year old I ever knew was 100% certain they'd be an NBA player... Just stop and think for a second how ridiculous our thought processes really are at that age. Don't look back at it from a grown ups perspective. Really try to remember just for a second how different th world was to you back then. Truth be told, I was mad homicidal as a kid. I just never did it. I wanted to kill EVERYBODY for everything
laugh.gif
. I was just an angry as Young-er Rilla until I found self expression via written and spoken word. That's how kid's are; super impulsive and mad at everything. This one just did  something he couldn't undo... and he did it in a horrible way.  The ones we should consider "scum and useless wastes of human space and resources" aren't the kid murderers, it's the adult ones. Childhood is where we learn to be useful. He's still learning, apparently.  
That instantly makes you a better human being than he is. Which makes you have more value to this world and society as a whole than he does. Not all people are equal. Not all people are "worth" the same to society. We were all dreamy and imaginative as a child. We all made and continue to make mistakes. But the difference is, none of us shoot our future step mother in the head with a shotgun. You don't do that at an age of 11 and think you're going to be normal. So we throw him in jail, he stays there forever. What's the point? He's going to die in there, might as well make it now. So there's the chance he might be rehabilitated and be a changed person as the years go on. Oh well, that train has left the station. He can be as rehabilitated as he wants to be but he's going to be rotting in jail. And most likely he won't be rehabilitated. I have no faith in the weaker links of our human race. We need to do a complete cleansing and rearrangement of our priorities in our society. We should start with the criminals. Even better, we should hang this child in public. Might actually scare some sense into the other children in this country that are already bound for a life of crime.

He was 11.

ELEVEN.

laugh.gif
Why didn't you do it then? You must have known or understood there would be consequences if you would have done it.

Just stop and think for a second how ridiculous our thought processes really are at that age. Don't look back at it from a grown ups perspective. Really try to remember just for a second how different th world was to you back then.   
I'm not trying to say that I'm wiser or better than anyone else here, but I think a lot of people ITT are having difficulties grasping this concept.

Me and my buddy were just talkin bout this yesterday.  How would life have been different if we knew what we know now as adults when we were children?  I'm not talking about some Marty McFly Sports Almanac kinda knowlege, but just about self awareness and knowing OURSELVES and how we interract in society.  Like most kids (and even young adults) growing up, I always thought that I knew what was up.  I thought I had a good grasp on life and who I was and my place in life and society.  The older I get, the more I realize that I didn't know !+%!.

Heres something I came across on Deadspin yesterday that made me laugh because of how spot on it was and how closely I could relate to it

At what age do you think a man stops worrying about what other people (men) think of him? Seems to me that most young men stay in some sort of weird insecure "alpha mode" through their teens and twenties, but then it wanes. I am 31 years old and most "macho" instincts have long since drained out of me and most of my male buddies, although I didn't have too many to begin with.

Editors Response:

I'd say your 30's or so. Especially if you're married. If you're in your 30's and married, you already KNOW you're a housebound @@*$@ who isn't gonna go out partying like a rock star every night. You've accepted your lot in life, you're somewhat comfortable with it, and so you're less likely to give a crap if someone calls you a @@*$@ for flaking out on someone or something like that. Which is good, since I now flake out on people all the %%*@##! time. NOT MY FAULT! THE KIDS ARE SICK!

You become very self-aware once you hit your 30's. You understand precisely why you acted the way you acted when you were in your teens and twenties, and you know precisely what you'd do differently if you were in that position again. And that's why being in your 30's BLOWS, because now I'm completely tortured by all the things I %*!@%* up back then because I was a complete ******. I %*!@%* up trying to talk to girls. I %*!@%* up my back playing football when I never even should have bothered playing it. I %*!@%* up job interviews. I %*!@%* so many things up, and %*!@%* them up so badly, that all I can think now is, "Gee, I really %*!@%* that up!" It's horrible.

And the worst part is that there's no real way to impart that self-confidence on someone else. What's the first thing people say to guy going out on his first date? "Be yourself." That is the worst goddamn advice ever. You're sixteen. How the *@@# can you be yourself when you have no clue who the *@@# you are? If you're saying "be yourself" to a sixteen-year-old, you're basically saying, "Be a confused ##%@." Because that's what he is. It's the same as telling a kid he needs more confidence. You can't just get confidence. It's not on sale at Amway. You have to slog through 30 years of life before you become somewhat self-assured, and there's pretty much no other way to get it, unless you're some awesome happy smart jock guy who I %%*@##! hate.

The child should be pitied, just as the woman is. Spending the rest of his natural life caged is tragic.

NT, you sadden me...

At 11 he knew what he was doing? NO.

Sure, we know what things are. We know there are punishments for things. But at 11, your complete perspective is not developed. PERIOD. You can't on one account make all of these designations in the law for what is and isn't an adult, and then just throw them away. It's not fair. And no matter how heinous the crime or criminal, the point of rule-of-law is to give EVERYONE a just trial. There's nothing just about telling people they aren't old enough to have sex until 16; old enough to make life decisions until 18; old enough to drink until 21, etc only to say, "But you are old enough to be punished as an adult."

It's unconstitutional if you ask me.

I did A LOT of things at 11 that I'd never do today. A few animals may have gone missing. I don't recall... A few building may have been vandalized or set on fire.... I don't remember. All I know is that I grew out of and away from mischief in general. I'm not saying don't punish the little bastard for what he did. I'm saying throw him in KIDS' JAIL! He's a kid! Theeeeeeeen throw him in big people jail with a possibility of parole after 15 or 20. There is nothing a mislead kid can do to not deserve another chance. Period. He's a child..
At 11 yrs old I was in 6th grade like most of you.  In 6th grade I knew about guns and shot a few (grandfather had a gun collection).  In 6th grade you know what killing is and this dude for whatever reason killed two.  No reason he shouldn't get life.  

Man I hope my 2 boys grow up to be good individuals. Dont have to be super successful but just hope they respect life and others.

Originally Posted by Quaz

I have no problem with this punishment, shooting her in the back of the head while she was asleep and pregnant...that is cold blooded.

Yea i take these things on a case by case basis and what he did was pure evil.
sick.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom