THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.

yobyellav

formerly cord15
Joined Sep 12, 2006
To be clear, fam, Im not giving him a pass. I don’t care that he didn’t kneel, the issac dude either. I haven’t stood for the anthem since I played football in high school. But Pop has been vocal so folks won’t question his actions, especially compared to a young black dude. As far as Isaac, some dudes are just suckers. *michael Jackson shrug*

Joined May 23, 2016
I think Pop gets a “pass” cause he was vocal about this type of stuff before nba players were kneeling.

I ignore my personal view towards religion and believe Isaac views his religious witnessing just the dame as Lebron views starting a school. How you decide to take a stand is a personal decision.

Why he couldn't wear the shirt is a little beyond me based on his rationale.

Joined Mar 14, 2010
I expect more from a 22 year old black man than a 80 year old pop
starts at home, idk Isaacs upbringing or childhood situation but seems his household lacked some rearing in the black plight. If you know Emmitt Till’s story, that’s all the evidence a person like me requires, to sit my black a*** down and kneel

yobyellav

formerly cord15
Joined Sep 12, 2006
I ignore my personal view towards religion and believe Isaac views his religious witnessing just the dame as Lebron views starting a school. How you decide to take a stand is a personal decision.

Why he couldn't wear the shirt is a little beyond me based on his rationale.
Think someone posted some old stuff he said a couple pages back. He’s a sucker; no way around it.

Joined Sep 18, 2003
Really?

Son is a youngin...still an adult...but a 22 year old. I can imagine who his parents are and what they raised him to be for him to be who he is.

You willing to shoot Pop...more bail than him?
i’m not shooting pop bail. What he does doesn’t matter to me.

and while John is young, I don’t see how a 22 year old black man can take whatever stance he took. sheltered or not, he’s seen what kind of year brothas have had in 2020. You can preach Jesus is love and still want justice. I mean that’s what Jesus was about

Joined Nov 2, 2006
Isnt hating on a ***** for standing during the anthem in the nba the same energy as hating on a ***** for kneeling during the anthem in the nfl?

(Oh you not with US, so **** you)

Joined Nov 26, 2007
One pair of nice sneakers, one pair of beaters and dress shoes for anything formal that might pop up.

Last time I went away I packed 3 pairs of Vans and they covered all this :lol:

I don’t see many older people wearing them but they’re great for your feet

Joined Apr 5, 2017
i’m not shooting pop bail. What he does doesn’t matter to me.

and while John is young, I don’t see how a 22 year old black man can take whatever stance he took. sheltered or not, he’s seen what kind of year brothas have had in 2020. You can preach Jesus is love and still want justice. I mean that’s what Jesus was about
Might not matter to you...but to some apparently his previous statements on "this type of stuff" is apparently enough to get a pass.

BTW...someone give me the list of woke Becky Hammon quotes that shields her from criticism too

I'm not in here trying to excuse JI for anything...but It do look funny for ****** to run to Pop defense but then go super hard on him.

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Lifelong Spurs but how pop handled Kawhi as well as not kneeling, nah, you can’t fool me. IDGAF if you served in the military. Our military is as egregious as it gets. Veterans on the corner, bumming for change, VA hospitals notorious for scams and rejecting people, “Wounded Warrior” commercials asking for civilian donations while the government hoards money and won’t take care of those same wounded veterans.

My uncle served like 18 years, got hurt, they didn’t want to give him full disability or whatever. Military hypocritical AF. Not to mention hazing and sexual harassment is PREVALENT
People don't wanna say it but when troops go to these other countries a lot of time they're terrorizing these places. That's part of the reason why when come back over here they're dealing with so much guilt and messed up in the head. America loves to preach this BS like "we're the good guys and must fight those guys bad for our freedom". Nah. :lol:

Throughout history america has done the evil ****.

MVP

Joined Feb 28, 2008
Issac has a history not just this one incident I posted it yesterday. He seems to be on his Terry Crews steez via the religion apparatus.

And again kneeling means very little in this moment, Pop has been downright defiant and boisterous against white supremacy, calling out his own people on multiple occasions. He's an ally. What Issac and that clown MPJ is doing and espousing is far more dangerous.

Last edited:
Joined Oct 3, 2007
Y’all know Isaac personally? Oh yea didn’t think so.

The narrative is already lost behind who is and who isn’t....

Joined Mar 14, 2010
People don't wanna say it but when troops go to these other countries a lot of time they're terrorizing these places. That's part of the reason why when come back over here they're dealing with so much guilt and messed up in the head. America loves to preach this BS like "we're the good guys and must fight those guys bad for our freedom". Nah. :lol:

Throughout history america has done the evil ****.
Imagine shooting, killing, bombing communities, raping women from these foreign countries, torturing them... then come home and have to live with it, not to mention, the government not cutting you a check or making you fend for yourself afterwards

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now