THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

College coach. We have a very, very young roster. If we were to sweep out the staff and even the GM, it could get even younger when the vets get moved out/leave.

So go college coach. Stanford coach, Penn State coach, Baylor, Auburn's, Nick Saban, just kidding not Nick Saban, etc.

A young, energetic coach, with hopefully a QB background, and then maybe hire a solid D coordinator if Coyle isn't kept.

I'll never get him, but Ted Thompson is the GM I wish we could get.

[COLOR=#red]Yea I said a page or two back I would love to have Stanford's head coach (David Shaw). Wouldn't mind him bringing his staff in, Ted Thompson would be amazing but I doubt it would happen.

Secondary pick would b, and a very close pick at that, is Kevin Sumlin from Texas A&M... I'm sure finns head will explode with the A&M ties but this guy just gets it. Either way I think both would be an upgrade at this point.

Maybe Nick Caserio from the Patriots. Seems he has been getting a lot of buzz for the last few years. I really don't know as far as GM though.[/COLOR]

You read dumb *** fin forums dude.

Start reading other people, you don't follow the right folks at all. The Omar army ain't workin for ya.

Well, finns is going to be excited as hell. Fanbase is demanding a new QB after today.

Has nothing to do with the fact that the defense stopped taking care of cam in the second half huh? All the qbs fault. Or nothing to do with that late hit on cam out of bounds that put them right at the goal line basically

4th and 10 on their own 20, we let Steve Smith get a first down.

1 play. Just 1. :smh:

The no call helmet to helmet on Matthews in the end zone.
The whatever that was defense just before half giving up 30 yards with 8 seconds left and no TO's.

We just can't get out of our own way. :smh:

or how about a lack there of of a run game to take some pressure off the qb

guess im old school

Well, finns is going to be excited as hell. Fanbase is demanding a new QB after today.

Yeah he played so well with his underthrows and overthrows. Let's stick with him for another 3 seasons.

This team needs to wipe out the staff. We should've beaten Carolina, Baltimore, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay. Win 3 of those and the team is 8-3. We are losing games a solid coaching staff would've taken care of. Mike Sherman is quite possibly worse than Daboll and Henning. Coyle and his prevent defense look worse than Pasqualoni's schemes.

To realistically make the playoffs this team would need to win 4 of 5. I read earlier that even winning 3 of 5, there's an 86% chance the team misses the playoffs. Going 3-2 down the stretch puts the team at 8-8. Logic would say sweeping the Jests and beating the Bills would give the team the best chance, with the Steelers/Pats games being tough.

8-8 after a 3-0 start. Unreal. Losses against NE after being up 17-3, losing to Baltimore after the halftime lead, losing to a 4th string QB at home vs. Buffalo, losing to an 0-8 team... this is numbing stuff. The offensive line is decimated, the running game is comical, the coaching staff is awful. Add to that a mediocre QB, overpaid bums at LB, and a safety that was overpaid big time.

To realistically make the playoffs this team would need to win 4 of 5. I read earlier that even winning 3 of 5, there's an 86% chance the team misses the playoffs. Going 3-2 down the stretch puts the team at 8-8. Logic would say sweeping the Jests and beating the Bills would give the team the best chance, with the Steelers/Pats games being tough.

8-8 after a 3-0 start. Unreal. Losses against NE after being up 17-3, losing to Baltimore after the halftime lead, losing to a 4th string QB at home vs. Buffalo, losing to an 0-8 team... this is numbing stuff. The offensive line is decimated, the running game is comical, the coaching staff is awful. Add to that a mediocre QB, overpaid bums at LB, and a safety that was overpaid big time.

YUP all this,

We have threw away too many games and because of that we get what we deserved really, I actually think this team is capable of making the playoffs, But not while we keep throwing games away like we have been :smh:

YUP all this,

We have threw away too many games and because of that we get what we deserved really, I actually think this team is capable of making the playoffs, But not while we keep throwing games away like we have been :smh:

It's incredible. 2-6 the last 8 games. When Carolina was allowed to march down the field before halftime I already knew what time it was.

I mean the numbers just aren't adding up. Lamar Miller had a 0.8ypc average yesterday. He was friggin going backwards or horizontal the whole game. The QB is 25th ranked in the league. The offense scored 0 points in the 2nd half. The offense is like 31st in the league. The team hasn't scored a 4th quarter touchdown since October.

Swear to God if we don't absolutely terrorize Geno with Wake, Jordan, Vernon, blitzers, etc I will murk these stupid coaches.

I expect us to keep tryin Ryan to Wallace deep to test Ed Reed like Flacco did last week. Cuz no damn way we runnin the ball this weekend. :smh:

Swear to God if we don't absolutely terrorize Geno with Wake, Jordan, Vernon, blitzers, etc I will murk these stupid coaches.

I expect us to keep tryin Ryan to Wallace deep to test Ed Reed like Flacco did last week. Cuz no damn way we runnin the ball this weekend. :smh:

We pressured Cam well in the first half, send the hounds after Genope

Should also try some screens to slow the edge rushers, and I like the rollouts.

CP the happiest man on Earth D Thomas is out for the season

[COLOR=#red]Finns and anyone else... THIS is what i've been saying. I understand the frustration but it comes more from the offices than the players:[/COLOR]

Tannehill continually takes fire for missed deep connections with receiver Mike Wallace. However, the details of the game matter.

He threw four deep shots toward Wallace during the game and connected on two of them for 110 yards with a touchdown. This is far above-average work for the NFL on balls traveling 41-plus yards beyond the line of scrimmage. So to some extent, the fact that Tannehill's deep accuracy is even a conversation after this game is ridiculous.

The coaching staff continues to set Tannehill and Wallace up for failure by not coaching the timing of these deep shots. You can find here a detailed breakdown of how play design impacted a failed deep shot against the San Diego Chargers in Week 11.

The same thing happened on a 57-yard completion by Tannehill to Mike Wallace. The backfield action involved dropping from under center into an off-center play-fake to the tailback, which necessitated that Tannehill execute a half-roll to come around after the fake and set up for the throw. This meant the football could not come out of Tannehill’s hands until nearly four seconds had passed since the snap.

In the piece linked above, I mention that a 60-yard throw is extremely rare on an actual football field in actual game conditions. Tannehill showed off his arm strength by throwing the football 60-plus yards on this play, yet Wallace still had to slow down considerably for the ball and was barely able to make the catch as the defender caught up. Running after the catch for a 79-yard touchdown was out of the question.

This was a failure by the coaches to adjust their play design according to the abilities and tendencies of their players. Wallace ran an out-and-up route. Because of his speed, the route came off a lot more “up” than "out," and he was too far up the field by the time Tannehill could release the football off the fake.

Tannehill showed rare arm strength during the game with some of deepest passes you will ever see on a functioning football field, yet the ball still fell short. This is a design issue. The coaches need to do a lot better job so that they are not asking the players to overcome their shortcomings as coaches.

Tannehill’s biggest problem continues to be inconsistent focus and decision-making. The first interception he threw on the day was his fault. He failed to clear the ball over the linebacker knifing into the passing lane, and the ensuing tip drill resulted in a pick.

Later in the game, Tannehill scrambled and had a clear path in front of him to run for positive yardage. He may have even gained the first down by running on the play. Instead, he made an atrocious decision to beam a low-trajectory pass at Wallace deep. The pass was converged on by two Panthers defenders, and it should have been picked off.

On the other hand, Tannehill was remarkable on his deep throws during the day and was asked to account for literally 95 percent of his team’s offense (316 of 332 net yards). He threw a ball into the end zone that should have been caught by receiver Rishard Matthews.

He dealt with four drops on the day, a leaky offensive line, bad play design, bad play calls and poor timeout management, yet if Wallace had adjusted properly to the final deep ball Tannehill threw in the game, then the Dolphins would have emerged from the game with an incredible victory directed by their star quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom