THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

[COLOR=#red]I feel like this is a support group instead of enthused fans...[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=#red]I feel like this is a support group instead of enthused fans...[/COLOR]

:lol:

I was enthused when Jimmy was getting us blown out of the playoffs every year. I was enthused when an aging Shula and Marino were getting us beat in the playoffs. I was enthused when Wanny was blowing elite defenses and running Ricky into the ground.

Cam, Nick Satan, Sparano, Philbin, I mean Phins fans can only take so many nimrods and their incompetent staffs. Phins fans can only take so many Rick Spielmans, Jeff Irelands, and Randy Muellers. It gets old after the rotten Tuna leaves his stench on the franchise.

Just get me a winner. Someone who gets it done.

Dolphins get a win... No one says anything. You know this season has done some damage.

this thread has been very quiet the past few days or so.
good game tho! they finally played a full game.
and Cam Wake, what a beast!

So, with horrible coaching that refuses to use our #3 pick DE, our 2nd round CB, our 3rd round CB, our 3rd round Olineman, or our 5th round RB, even tho they keep trotting out the likes of DE Derrick Shelby, RB Daniel Thomas, and the 5 Olineman we had out there yesterday. We're 5-5.

We have a ridiculous Oline.
Not much of a running game because our OC loves the shotgun even with a lead and needing to run clock.
Our defense misses tackles like crazy.
Cameron Wake is on the bench more than the punter.
Our #2 Corner has 4 INT's, but hasn't played 4 full games yet.
Keller and Gibson done for the year by Week 9.

Lost 40% of our oline over some girlish drama.

Mike Wallace hasn't done squat.

Reshad Jones hasn't played as well as last year.

And we flat out, downright, GAVE AWAY two wins at home off a bye vs Buffalo, and last week against Tampa.
We blew a 17-0 lead at New England.
And we were tied 23-23 with 10 minutes to go against the Ravens.

5-5, and 4 of those losses we were right there to win the games. With ALL the bs we have on our roster, our coaching, off the field, etc etc.

Oh, and we don't have a franchise quarterback like Kapernick or RGIII. :lol:

All that, all that nonsense. Beat the Jets, beat the Bills, beat the Steelers and we could make the playoffs.

We won't beat the Panthers, and we won't beat the Patriots. But if we can win 3-4 of those other games, we finish at 8-8, 9-7 which may just get the 6 seed considering the AFC this year.
We also own tiebreakers over the Browns and Chargers, the Ravens are a game behind us, we just have to stay ahead of them, and knock down the Jets/Steelers to keep our distance.

And again, we'd be doing this with a trash coaching staff, and a bunch of holes on the roster, with a 2nd year non franchise quarterback*.

Insane.

Chances are, we won't manage it, we're lookin at another 7-9, 8-8 type year. But we should at least be able to clean up the Oline in the offseason (obvious) and let the non franchise QB get another year of growth under his belt. The defense hopefully gets stronger if and when they decide to let Jordan and Taylor start to play football and maybe Gibson, Matthews, and Clay turn into a decent back end off Wallace and Hartline. Add all that on top of getting Daniel Thomas off my God damn roster, and that's a win win situation for the Dolphins goin forward.

Yes, if NOTHING changes, those are the moves I expect. Oline, DT out, etc etc.

New GM, new coaches, etc, then it's the whole roster getting moved around again.

Yes, if NOTHING changes, those are the moves I expect. Oline, DT out, etc etc.

New GM, new coaches, etc, then it's the whole roster getting moved around again.

Yeah, I honestly don't know what to expect. I assume we beat Buffalo, we lose. I assume we lose to SD, we win. I'm just gonna sit back. :lol:

[COLOR=#red]I've been watching the games all over... few times now.

Tanny has a GREAT short to medium range ball. Accuracy, Velocity, timing... it's damn nice.

His deep ball is everything but.

I know I'm not telling anyone anything they don't know but damn... If the coaching staff has seen this, why wouldn't you of gotten Tanny a route running WR instead of Wallace who is a good receiver but not one who goes across the middle really. Who doesn't use the entire route tree. Although this could be fixed with screens, slants, drags and ins. Also moving him anywhere in the X,Y,Z scheme but he is staying in ONE place. And this isn't just a Wallace problem, but he has the $$$ in front of his name. Hartline, Charles, and Gibson also were either over or under thrown plenty. Rishard Matthews NEEDS to be used a lot more, that guy has some talent and Tannehill clearly is comfortable looking his way. Why this guy wasn't in rotation... I'll just chalk it up to the rest of the coaching staff in the "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING?!" category.

/randomrant[/COLOR]

It ain't Tannehill folks.

Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 17h
That underthrow of Tannehill's deep left to Wallace at the beginning of the the 2nd quarter...it isn't what people think it is.

Problem more about synched timing and Wallace's fit into Sherman/Philbin's one-size-fits-all passing offense, than it is about an underthrow

Bottom line if you want to work verticals to Wallace into this offense you've got to start adjusting the QB's drop and timing. IMO.

Between the shotgun snap, play fake, 3 step drop and hitch step, that ball took too long to get put to a 4.28 speedster like Wallace.

And since it was opposite hash, that just added to the distance, making it all the more difficult, awkwardly timed.

Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 7h
Over his two year career Tannehill has 44.1% accuracy on deep balls to players other than Wallace. Only 23.5% accuracy deep to Wallace

Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 7h
Deep ball problem is less a Tannehill problem than it is a Wallace issue. The timing of the offense is out of sync with Wallace's strength.

Now he compares it to the deep ball Peyton throws to D Thomas last night.

Chris Kouffman ‏@ckparrot 6h
On the play, Peyton allowed to go from shotgun into 3-step drop, no hitch step, ball is out. That is how the Wallace play SHOULD be designed

But instead Tannehill goes shotgun, PLAY FAKE, 3-step, HITCH, then throw. As result, ball took a full second longer to come out.

The delayed timing dictated the under throw. Peyton could complete his ball to Demaryius in stride because he only had to throw 40-41 yards.

Because of the full second delay by play design, Tannehill threw 10 yards longer than Peyton and the ball was still 5 yards under thrown.

Of course finns will read all this, think of Omar, and say naw, Tannehill sucks, he's Hennehill, draft another quarterback. Omar and his ****tard followers eat that dumb **** up.

I did think his drops were awkward on some but didn't take that into account. I was watching every game from this season a few times...

The offense and play calling is really really bad. We watch it real time and of course we complained. Watching it back and with the experience and "Offensive Knowledge" on staff you would think we would be seeing some innovative and exciting plays. This is Vanilla play calling. Forget seeing 5-wide. It's no different than seeing Sparano and his running offense. VANILLA.

Back to Tannehill/Wallace... there is almost an infinite amount of ways to get him involved.. it's Not happening. I wish I could see the percentage of his routes. 75% Go Route/9, 15% comeback. Thn corners will key in and know that, hence tight coverage.

Frustrating Season no matter the outcome. With All the bull **** going on, the TALENT on this team still pulled off 5 wins.

Thing is, before that route, Wallace had 4 grabs on I think 4 looks. Then he went to the left and they tried that play. Tannehill didn't look Wallace's way much after that. But I think it changed the SD coverage and had them doubling Wallace more which opened up the others to get work in. Which is exactly what we could hope for. The problem is, when the defense falls asleep and focuses on the other guys, that's when we HAVE to hit them up with Wallace. We really need to get one, just to get the monkey off both their backs.

As for the playcalling, it's weird, they run 1-2 drives per game, PERFECT. Mix in some runs, a reverse, solid passes to Hart, Matthews, Clay, Wallace, run to Miller/Thomas, maybe a QB sneak or read option, PERFECT calls/plays etc. Works great.

Then, the next 2-3 drives, ********. Complete, worthless, ********. It's like he runs out of plays to call and we're dead in the water for a quarter. Last night we had that 80 yard drive, play after play after play, ran great. Next two drives, 4 and out, 3 and out. :smh:

Need to deepen the play book, or work on the second and third sets of drives better. We rarely run two drives back to back for long gains and touchdowns. Indy is the last game I can remember we did that.

[COLOR=#red]:lol: I'm juss sayin.

Side note just saw an article, headline, "Dolphins Rookie class shaping up to be a dud"... Gee, maybe because THEY DON'T GET ANY PLAYING TIME?!

This season man... :smh:[/COLOR]

This team stinks, I hate these .500 seasons going 7-9, 8-8. They are just a cover up to whats really going on down here. Ross needs to fire Ireland, Philbin and the offensive coordinators. This team needs a staff / coaching rebuild. Every time we have a stud join the team we fail to utilize them correctly and make the player look bad. This team sucks.

Yep, that's the theory. The coaching and player development in Miami SUCKS.

Somehow Brandon Marshall was elite in Denver, and then in Chicago. Top 3 WR. Yeah, let's give him away for 2 scrubs.

Somehow Reggie Bush leaves and is utilized correctly, putting up great production. Same thing with Long, Vontae, Sean Smith, etc. playing better than they did here.

Somehow, Wallace comes and is nowhere near his usual production.

This is getting to be a pattern.

The GM MUST be fired, and the coaching staff too. We lost to an 0-8 team with a backup, nuff said.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Who would you realistically hire instead of this current staff?

[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom