THEE OFFICIAL MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) NEXT: OFF-SEASON

Does Lamar need to have a standout game against the Colts this weekend? Or if not, will we have to resort back to Daniel Thomas ...kinda wondering how long of a leash Philbin will have on Miller

They share all the reps so whoever is more consistent the next few games will get the preference. At this point its even because they both were horrible against the Browns.

We really miss Dustin Keller... The Dolphins are really weak at that position and it is showing in the running game. Last week the backs had nowhere to go. The offensive line and the tight ends have to do a better job sealing off the tackles to create running lanes. Hopefully they get things together this week.

The Dolphins played a really solid game yesterday. The one player that stood out to me was Grimes. He is a potential pro bowler. He actually looks for the ball and has the quickness and speed to keep up with the NFL's best receivers. He got beat yesterday by T.Y. Hilton, but he still was able to make a play on the ball.

The offensive line improved and the running game made some strides as a result. Lamar Miller has to be quicker shooting the B gap if the primary run is stopped. Daniel Thomas has to be a better blocker. Overall they still have a lot of work to do protecting the QB.

The defensive line has to finish. There were too many "3rd and longs" when our secondary did their job and the linemen couldn't get to the QB. On one play Deion Jordan had an easy sack and he just didn't wrap up. They have to improve in that area.

I'm glad to see Tennehill play such a complete game. Mike Wallace, Charles Clay, and Hartline all had solid games. The chemistry is definitely improving.

Our rookie kicker is :pimp:

Last edited:
Our OL has got to get better. When Tannehill has time, he goes to work!

John Jerry and Clabo were awful as usual. Right side is a problem right now.

The best runs Miller had yesterday outside of his TD were to the right side, behind Jerry and Clabo tho.

Pass protection they struggle, but as Tannehill gets quicker and quicker getting the ball out, it will help.

5 ELITE lineman still only give a QB 3-4 seconds to do something.

[COLOR=#red]Week 2: 2-0

I am pretty happy about the Dolphins second game of the year, and yet there are two huge red flags that worry me now and down the stretch. One is fixable, the depth and health of the secondary. The secondary looked good last weekend, but that was with a less than par offense and Quarterback. Luck is a top tier QB with a decent offense, especially at Wide Receiver. It was really obvious they were targeting Jimmy Wilson, who has never proven to be anything but a special teams player. That is how lacking the Dolphins are on the back end of the defense. The safeties had a pretty solid game. What do you really say about Reshad Jones? He is a beast and I love watching him play. Sure he could of had one hit towards the sideline called as a personal foul, but he didn't. So it's neither here nor there. Clemons also had a good game, I would have liked to see him get that gift wrapped pick at the end of the game though. Hopefully Dimitri Patterson can come back from the groin injury this week against the Falcons, he will be needed to say the least. As far as Jamar Taylor he was one of my favorite players in the draft, a tough corner who will smack you in the mouth with OK cover skills. But him not practicing and still be injured is worrisome and I don't even think he has a time table to return. The Defensive line played well, again not allowing a 100 yards rusher. Albeit the Colts had Bradshaw and Brown carrying the rock, a bit more impressive last week against Trent Richardson and a big offensive line. 3 sacks, arguably should have been more (One for sure!) but a LOT of pressure. Biggest thing with the backers is they Still cannot cover Tight Ends, that was one of the big reasons bringing in Ellerbe and Wheeler. They really made a Tight End, who up to this point, has done nothing. Lastly wih defense and a bit of a bone head move is Dion Jordan... Wrap up man. :smh:

The first two drives and the end of the first half for the Dolphins was a beautiful thing to watch. For years I have cringed at seeing failed drive after failed drive and seeing a kicker shank something far left or right. They really came up firing and to Mike Wallace who got his first 100+ yard game and TD. He had plenty of targets and what I liked was that it wasn't 5 deep balls they tried to connect on. A Lot of the passes he caught were around 10 yards, being very efficient in the offense. When they start getting in sync with each other on that deep ball, it will be a lot of fun to watch. Something I did scratch my head on, like I have been I guess, is why Philbin/Sherman are keeping Lamar Miller Off of the field? He is a very good threat to have and came close to breaking open a big one 3 or 4 times. He only had 16 touches, I believe minimum would be 20... 4 more really could make the difference especially when he was getting close on a few. Welcome to the team Charles Clay as well! Clay really stepped up in this one, I am curious to see if he can sustain this type of play. Maybe not 5 - 109 and a rushing TD, but I would be happy with 4 or 5 catches - 60-75 yards. The Dolphins needed and had that seam threat with Keller, hopefully Clay can fill the void. Hartline will be Hartline. Damn good routes, solid hands. My biggest red flag is no secret, that offensive line is not very good at all. When Tanny has some time, he goes to work. They really have to stand their ground. John Jerry was once again bad in the run game. Tyson had his moments but was constantly beat against the run. I mean there is really nothing great to say here. 50-50 consistency just doesn't cut it if you want to be a winning team in the NFL.

Got to love a Kicker who comes in and goes 4/4.

Lastly, Ryan Tannehill played a damn good game. Quick decisions, spread the ball around, didn't lock on to one receiver, no turnovers and took what the defense gave him. I really like seeing him become a true leader at his position. Something Miami hasn't had since Fiedler... say what you want but he won and was a leader. Ears and all. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I'm that one lol are you a sports writer? And by the way he did have a turnover and they got a field goal from it

Damn I'm that one lol are you a sports writer? And by the way he did have a turnover and they got a field goal from it

Lol I wish man, but no. CP is though.

Right, I meant no interceptions. The turnover you're talking about was caused by a sub par offensive line.

The best runs Miller had yesterday outside of his TD were to the right side, behind Jerry and Clabo tho.

Pass protection they struggle, but as Tannehill gets quicker and quicker getting the ball out, it will help.

5 ELITE lineman still only give a QB 3-4 seconds to do something.

Yeah true, but they need to really step it up as we start facing teams with better lines. I expect more from Clabo. Jerry seems like a lost cause as far as passing protection goes.

[COLOR=#red]I don't think Steven Jackson being out matters much, he hasn't done much and the Dolphins will stuff the run. Roddy is bigger news for sure.[/COLOR]

NFL power ranked at #11 right now. Can't wait to see them take the win at home and go 3-0. All the haters and nay sayers will come out of the shadows so quick

Falcons have injuries all over their team, but we can not afford to overlook them. We aren't "that" good yet where we can just coast to wins.

We still have to fight our *** off and slow down Julio. If we do that, then maybe we have a bit of a shot.

STILL, this team can't cover a God damn Tight End. :smh: And now we face Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham the next two weeks. :x That's a problem.

IF, and I mean IF, we get by Atlanta, suddenly the national attention will quadruple, the reason being, we play on Monday Night the following week. So ESPN will use us to hype that game up after what I assume will be a dud of a game between Denver and Oakland. They'll want to hype an "undefeated" team trying to stay unbeaten.
The spotlight will get real bright, and real heavy FAST, so we can't let the ailing Falcons get over on us.

You HAVE to win home games that you can get. You can not let those get away, especially after winning two on the road, you don't let a game like this get away.

Lose on Monday night on the road vs a very good QB, hey, that's the NFL, but at home, you HAVE to have those. Especially when the other team has holes + injuries you can attack. Matt Ryan should be under attack ALL DAY LONG. His tackles are not great, and we have Wake, Dion, and Vernon to throw at them, plus Odrick from the tackle spot and our 2 new blitzing linebackers in Ellerbe and Wheeler. Disguise our blitzes well, double up on Julio and try to at least limit Gonzalez and we should be able to slow their offense enough.

Sounds weird, but if we want to be a serious playoff team, and want to win 10 games this year, then this game is a MUST WIN game.

#StayGrinding

man i feel like a ****** talking with you sports professionals in here lol

and yes its been a while, but we need a 10 win season and make it into the playoffs, past the first game as a wild card!
i remember being at the last game that they played in the playoffs... i still have the lil miccosukee tribe D-FENCE thing they gave out, fresh in the package.
i gotta admit i miss living down there being able to see all the games aired on TV, or working at the stadium getting to see every game live! AH!

oh and on a bit of a side note, anybody have prized memorabilia? i got some nice shht you guys will love

Back
Top Bottom