things that had you shook as a child?

Wen dat chick turnt into a gargoyle
glasses.gif
straight nightmares 
laugh.gif

Im creeped out by these til this day, was creeped out looking up the image :x these damn spider crickets
View media item 1976034I think I was like 9, one was on my face while sleep, slapped it off, killing it. Woke up the next morning to see it on the floor. The hind leg was still jumping, around been creeped out since. What made matters worse, we find a nest of em in our basement while moving some stuff. :x

The Crypt Keeper had me spooked until I finally listened to him talk and realized he was cracking jokes.
He had punchlines.

I still remember one episode some criminal wandering the desert handcuffed to a police officer.  Kills the officer, and drags/carries his body through the desert.  Dude tired of dragging, gets a big rock tried to smash the police officers hand to get the cuffs off, smashes his own hand off.  In shock he walks backwards off a cliff.  Dude landed on his back, unable to move, vultures come and pick him apart, eating his eyeballs while he's still alive.

Crypt Keeper goes something like, "didn't see that one coming."

I legit used to think being "fired" from a job meant being burned alive. :x

Adults: "I don't want to get fired" :frown:

Me: (I can only imagine) :frown: :frown: :smh:

Telling my grandma that my mom didn't feed me before visitng her

I would get that " ima kick your *** when I pick you up later " look.

[h1]Resurrection Mary[/h1]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Resurrection Mary  is a well-known Chicago area  ghost story. Of the "vanishing hitchhiker" type, the story takes place outside Resurrection Cemetery in Justice, Illinois, a few miles southwest of Chicago.[sup][1][/sup]

Since the 1930s, several men driving northeast along Archer Avenue  between the Willowbrook Ballroom  and Resurrection Cemetery have reported picking up a young female hitchhiker. This young woman is dressed somewhat formally in a white party dress and is said to have light blond hair and blue eyes. There are other reports that she wears a thin shawl, dancing shoes, carries a small clutch purse, and/or that she is very quiet. When the driver nears the Resurrection Cemetery, the young woman asks to be let out, whereupon she disappears into the cemetery. According to the Chicago Tribune, "full-time ghost hunter" Richard Crowe has collected "three dozen . . . substantiated" reports of Mary from the 1930s to the present.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_Mary

Last edited:
Clowns
I saw Stephen King's "it" movie when I was a little kid. Had me shook for weeks

The Wheelers from Return to Oz. That damn sound would get me every time.
This entire movie period. It's downright scary. How it was geared towards kids is beyond me. When I read about the underlying messages of the movie online, I was amazed. This movie was rated PG as well. How Sway?? The 80's was kinda messed up 
laugh.gif

This mans face when he was in The Family Matters espisode. Gave me nightmares as a kid.

little_richard.jpg

There was a Sesame Street episode where Bert and Ernie went to the pyramids and ran into a mummy. That gave me nightmares for weeks!

How yall scared of Ivan Ooze?

Lord Zed had a more creepy look being a body with no skin.

The train/subway platform/train tracks had me shook as a kid. Heard about too many ppl getting his or seen somebody fall on the tracks. I use to always walk on the center.

Candyman and the dude I think from Hellraiser with the pins in his face were pretty spooky. Leprechaun in the hood as well.

Last edited:
Escalators and roller coasters was straight no go's as a youngin ...still don't do roller coasters but I can handle escalators as long as I can hold on to the railing :lol: :smh:

Candyman and the dude I think from Hellraiser with the pins in his face were pretty spooky. Leprechaun in the hood as well.
leprechaun-in-alabama-o.gif
As a real young kid I didn't believe midgets were a real thing. I thought it was some tv/movie trick since I never saw one in person. Add to that that some of my earliest encounters of seeing little ppl was the evil Leprechauns, gremlins, and Oompa Loompas why wouldn't they freak a young me out? :lol:

View media item 1977559

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom