things your pops did for you that you wont forget

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Left, but honestly, people say i get his temper and i could see it....+%!#@%+ druggie
mad.gif

But i know more real fathers, fathers that been there for their kids and always been a figure in their lives then a deadbeat...unfortunately i never had 1

[/color]

everything. i know some people have dead beat dads, but mine has given me everything ive ever needed and i love him for it

too much to list. it was always me and him going everywhere.

he has NEVER laid a hand or a fist on me during my 19 years of life. respected..

Never met my real dad. Punk %!! left my mom when i she was still pregnant with me
mad.gif

Oh well, my step father is the greatest though.
pimp.gif

He taught me how to be a smart & responsible female

Took me rock climbing, sand digging, and sports playing so I would never fear pain

He taught me the game so that I would never lose or fall victim to someone playing me

Best of all: He raised me (right)

The only greater mentor outside of my brother I could ever have in my life was and is my father. He's always there to tell me when I've been wrong,but he's been the same person to help me correct my errors and come back to solve a problem stronger than ever. It took me going through some difficultsituations to understand what a blessing from God he has been. Some people in this world never get a chance to know, nevermind have a relationship with eitherof their biological parents, so for me to have the support of both mine, namely my father as a young Black and Hispanic man in America, is a double blessing inmy eyes.

THE FAME wrote:

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

$@$% that +@!*$ @#! %*!@%
Originally Posted by MBen32

Not a damn thing.

I dont even know where he is right now, prolly the same way with him.

smh.gif
Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

I don't even know my dad
Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

whats a dad?

This is an problem that needs to be fixed.

Hopefully people in such situation can realize what they missed
and not leave a child of their own with that void.

No Doubt.

tired.gif
@ The amount of deadbeats on NT.

I never used it as an excuse tho, cause how can i use "I didnt have a father" as a cop out, when he was NEVER there.
laugh.gif

I never knew what it felt like to have one. So i cant say that it affected me.

But i do always say that i will be attatched to my wife&kids like nothing i ever been attached too.
pimp.gif

The advice about being a man.

How I can achieve anything I want

When he caught me selling green, then I told him knew he smoked lol, longggggg discussion

His temper taught me a lot of things mostly bad some good.

But overall, I appreciate all of his teachings, and thankful he was there for me.

Travel to New Orleans to work and help me save up for a car. On a boat... Paid under the table..

Worked under horrible conditions. Caught a flu... Got mad blisters. He seemed really depressed.

I didn't expect a car for me to be his motive... But he sent home a check. Then I knew.

I already felt bad... But that made me feel too guilty.

This and many other things... But this was recent.

From skimming through this thread there have been more deadbeats mentioned than fathers that were in people's lives.
smh.gif

Let me start off by letting you know that I lived in a different house then my pops.

He picked me up one day after not seeing him for a looooooooong time and he takes me to the grocery store.
When we get there he asks me what I would like, and like a giddy little kid (as I was at the time) I started pointing everything out and he started puttingeverything inside the cart.
We drive back to his house, not mine, and he procedes to put everything I asked for away and a couple hours later I was back at my crib with none of what Iasked for.
FML

threw the baseball around after dinner in the summer
worked his %%! off so we could have nice things
built me a computer
taught me how to drive
gave me "the talk"
drove my truck 2,000 miles across the country to me when I was in the military
makes me jealous everytime I see him because his beard game is on point.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

threw the baseball around after dinner in the summer
worked his %%! off so we could have nice things
built me a computer
taught me how to drive
gave me "the talk"
drove my truck 2,000 miles across the country to me when I was in the military
makes me jealous everytime I see him because his beard game is on point.
pimp.gif

FYL
yes I'm salty
mad.gif

jk
or am I?
devil.gif

frown.gif

Got full custody of me at 19 when he had me back in '85...when my mom wasn't "man" enough my Dad the best damn father did what he knew wasright and had my back even as he had to drop out of high school...24 years later me and my dad been best friends ever since..always put me first as a kidgrowing up and gave me the best childhood i could have ever asked for, not to mention introducing me into sneakers while growing up as he wore the o.g.jordans.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Everything. My daddio is that dude. I wish one day I'll become half the man he is.

This is it effectively. He is the Chief Information Officer at the community college here and we don't do much but i know that my life would be a heck ofalot difference if he wasn't doin his thing

My dad was a great man and as I grow up I realize it more and more.
First off my mom and dad divorced when I was 4.
- He lived in his van for years so that he could give my mom money to help support us. I didnt even know until I was like 12 or 13.
- He would pick me and my brother up from school once an week and take us to eat pizza. He would go with out to make us happy.
- One time me and my brother stopped seeing him for like 6 months
frown.gif
longstory and when we finally went to see him he had my b-day card
I felt so bad.
-Growing up we never knew that we were poor my dad never let us know he would go without to make sure we weren't uncomfortable.
-He made everything a game to us
-He was a great man and i will never be able to repay him

what does FYL mean?

@@*% your life
fill in the blanks
and jk means just kidding
FYI- for your information
Not trying to be patronizing btw - by the way

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

what does FYL mean?