FYI- for your information
Not trying to be patronizing btw - by the way
laugh.gif
I was thinking maybe For your love
frown.gif
j/k

roll.gif

Shouts to your Pops though
Whenever I see a dude taking care of his responsibilities, I cant lie, I feel touched
pimp.gif

My father is one of the greatest men you will never hear about. He's a real OG. In 1977 at the age of 25 he commandeered a boat to escape Vietnam and madea better life for over 100 people now (if you count the kids born). About 50% of people who tried to make it to another country died in the process. He made alife and death decision and it worked out great.

I remember him playing video game baseball with me...that always sticks out cause I was whooping his %#$

He always made the trip down to Hampton to ride back with me...I used to love the convo and then we'd stop over to eat and pig out

Taking me out to play ball and teaching me how to shoot

And constantly putiing up with my bs when I was in the rebellious teenage stage

Originally Posted by ArtStranger

-He was a great man and i will never be able to repay him
"and theres no way i can pay you back, but the plan is to let you know that i understand...you are appreciated" -pac

As far as being a MAN, I have and will continue to learn ALOT from him as I continue to mature.

He's a pastor and a plays a major role in the community. The way he reaches out to people and the love he has for them is amazing to me.

-helped me out when i got laid off

-bought me my first car at 16

-brought me to this country at 4

-shelter/food...etc

-introduced me to sports

always being a provider...my mom broke his heart and he despised her. yet he always took care of me. I kind of feel guilty tho...i am my dads only girl out ofhis 5 kids and i was the only one who's life he participated in actively. when i asked him why he told me because he felt guilty...him and i are bestfriends now.

My dad to me is the greatest man alive. He was the figure of cool. The Cool dad. i dont think he evverrr got mad at me. He was always so chill. He lovedoutdoors and always took us fishing. He took great care of the family, and even though my moms was a strickt one, he always knew how to make everyone happy.

RIP pops June/29/2005

Originally Posted by jthagreat

funny this thread came up, duke contacted me after like 14 or so years...ON MYSPACE lol

he didnt like my response....lol

I
laugh.gif
everytime I see you post that. Not funny at all, just the audacity of getting at your long lost son through a social networking site.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by jthagreat

funny this thread came up, duke contacted me after like 14 or so years...ON MYSPACE lol

he didnt like my response....lol

I
laugh.gif
everytime I see you post that. Not funny at all, just the audacity of getting at your long lost son through a social networking site.

Man that _ live 3 hours away in phoenix. F!!! him. Its funny tho. Just makes me appreciate my moms and brothers that much more.

sharing his history of how he struggled to get our fam where we are today. the problems us kids have today are nothing compared to what he been thru

Respected and showed me some great life lessons. I appreciate him to the fullest and will always have love for the old man

My pops ALWAYS Been down for my family.. All the dumb *+% charges and fines probation puttin up wit me and my brother whos in prison right now for failin drugtest, from him almost losing my mom 2 addiction 2 recovery, 5 years sober. From bein poor growin up, To living comfortably. The wisdom All the mistakes we (his kids ) made He never gave up. I got nothing but love for my pops word is born. I should be dead... all the dirt i did as a youngin..dude never left myside..or my momz.. or my bros... Thats love

Cheating on my mom countless amounts of times, but when she finally left him he got everyone (friends, fam etc) on his side because she left him for someoneelse.

I have no respect for that selfish prick, he loves and provides more for his own nieces/nephews more than he ever did for his own kids, cheap *%@*.

i've got good and bad memories..i used to stay with my mom in new jersey and would visit him in south carolina sometimes..he used to do me and my brotherdirty..straight neglecting us..i would run wild with my brother b/c my dad was always at work or somewhere else..good and bad times
laugh.gif
smh.gif

but he's helped me out a lot since i graduated high school..prob trying to make up for the past..he bought me a car, plus hes helped me out in my bad times

he worked grave yard shift for 18 years straight and 10 hour shifts for about 14 of those years. A lot of times 6 days a week. He always made time for us andtaught us life lessons as we grew up, and although when I was younger we had a good relationship, his relationship with moms was always shakey until recentyears. This man has made some serious sacrifices for me tho...I could never thank him enough. Same goes for moms.

-being my basketball coach up until i hit junior/senior high- kept me focused and taught me so much about the game.

-always taking care of the family, never leaving us or taking us for granted

- supported whatever i wanted to do in life, but still teaching me the right and wrong paths of life.

- saturday morning allowances after i cut the grass
pimp.gif

- teaching me to drive

- saturday morning jordan relases. he drove me to the mall at 6am on EVERY release and waited with me

- everything else. my dad is the G.O.A.T in my eyes
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom