Thinking About Getting Engaged Ask A Question

i wanted to give anyone who was thinking about getting engaged a chance to ask any question that they may have. I been engaged for over a year. If I can helpany of u who is thinking about making this step post ur questions I will try to help the best that I can.

that's a pretty long engagement. Whats the hold up? Sure you don't need some advice for yourself?

Originally Posted by LiLbAlLa13

that's a pretty long engagement. Whats the hold up? Sure you don't need some advice for yourself?
NT does not disappoint
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I am this December. Already got the rock and the setting just needs to be done. We've been together for a long time now and we both agree that we should make it official.

but onto the question..

- you still look @ other girls? talk to them? F around with them (doesn't have to be literally)? if so, to what extent?

- are you going to be in a long term engagement or are you getting married soon?

Sun Of Knowledge: Forgive me for steppin in, but I wanted to comment on that one...

Personally, I still look at other females all the time...hell, I'm a man, not to mention I'm not walkin around with blinders on. I dont thinkthere's anything wrong with it. We're human, and no matter how good we THINK we look, there's always someone else who looks better and may captureyour attention for a moment. I also still talk to other females....most of them she (my wife) knows about; there's a few that I used to deal with back inthe day that I'm cool with, and that doesn't sit too well with her...normal female insecurities. I still talk to them 'cause when my wife and Ihave issues, I use them to get a "female's insight" as to what goes on in that mind of theres, and if I'm "right" and she'swrong. As far as "f'in around", I didnt throughout our engagement UNTIL the night before I got finally got married. I'm sure some will havesomethin to say, but hey...it was my last night of freedom, so %*#@ it...I went out with a bang (literally)

hat's a pretty long engagement. Whats the hold up? Sure you don't need some advice for yourself?

every circumstance is different and only fools mirror someone else ways. If ur relationships unique then only expectations u should be concerned about is theones that u two set. I have heard of people who have been engaged for 5 years and still got married and still are going strong. Im peace with mine.

[quote}am this December. Already got the rock and the setting just needs to be done. We've been together for a long time now and we both agree that weshould make it official.

but onto the question..

- you still look @ other girls? talk to them? F around with them (doesn't have to be literally)? if so, to what extent?

- are you going to be in a long term engagement or are you getting married soon?

good question

no i dont have that urge to look at other women. honestly i never cheated in the past and i dont take a liking to females easily generally speaking im not veryimpressionable I have always been more concerned with personal goals. I was never the over sexual type that went around chasing skirts. I was always about mypaper or spiritual growth

Im getting marred next year and the most common problem people have is under estimating the planning that have a wedding demands[/quote]

well i got a question....im planing to propose to my girl this yr in HAWAII BUT EVERYONE SAIS NOT to do it that we are young we are 20yr old right now...me andmy girl are mad in love and we been goin out for 2 yrs....my friends tell me not to put a lock on my #+#+ so early lol but i dont really care what anyonethinks...what should i expect?? should i wait?? are we to young? it wont last cuz we to young? what should i say when i pop the question?

Originally Posted by LiLbAlLa13

laugh.gif
A year is a long time now? SMH.....kids these days.

Sun Of Knowledge: Forgive me for steppin in, but I wanted to comment on that one...

Personally, I still look at other females all the time...hell, I'm a man, not to mention I'm not walkin around with blinders on. I dont think there's anything wrong with it. We're human, and no matter how good we THINK we look, there's always someone else who looks better and may capture your attention for a moment. I also still talk to other females....most of them she (my wife) knows about; there's a few that I used to deal with back in the day that I'm cool with, and that doesn't sit too well with her...normal female insecurities. I still talk to them 'cause when my wife and I have issues, I use them to get a "female's insight" as to what goes on in that mind of theres, and if I'm "right" and she's wrong. As far as "f'in around", I didnt throughout our engagement UNTIL the night before I got finally got married. I'm sure some will have somethin to say, but hey...it was my last night of freedom, so %*#@ it...I went out with a bang (literally)

Naw I welcome ur perspective i dont think that ur intruding at all. Ur experience is different from mine there is always more then one side of spectrum and imsure ur side may be useful to those who can relate

Originally Posted by MOB 650

well i got a question....im planing to propose to my girl this yr in HAWAII BUT EVERYONE SAIS NOT to do it that we are young we are 20yr old right now...me and my girl are mad in love and we been goin out for 2 yrs....my friends tell me not to put a lock on my #+#+ so early lol but i dont really care what anyone thinks...what should i expect?? should i wait?? are we to young? it wont last cuz we to young? what should i say when i pop the question?

I definitely would NOT do it. You're only 20 years old, and technically...you "haven't lived life yet". There's still a ton of things toexperience as you get older, and the same person you are now, will not be the same person in 3 years. You just may grow apart as you get older and go thrudiff.issues if you get married at this age. If you truly love one another, stay together but DO NOT get married. You'll regret it.

well i got a question....im planing to propose to my girl this yr in HAWAII BUT EVERYONE SAIS NOT to do it that we are young we are 20yr old right now...me and my girl are mad in love and we been goin out for 2 yrs....my friends tell me not to put a lock on my #+#+ so early lol but i dont really care what anyone thinks...what should i expect?? should i wait?? are we to young? it wont last cuz we to young? what should i say when i pop the question?

I think this is a matter of the heart and the mind should agree upon. To me marriage has always been a matter of absolution. If u feel that person is a equalcounterpart and there is no chance of u going astray then the answer is clear. But remember my friend relationships will always be a work in progress. Soplease be attentive at all times. Keep a clear path of communication and be selfless as long as she worth it.

Also I would like to add that.. make sure before hand that the both of u discuses what u expect individually from a marriage. And also premarital counselingisnt a bad idea

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

I think this is a matter of the heart and the mind should agree upon. To me marriage has always been a matter of absolution. If u feel that person is a equal counterpart and there is no chance of u going astray then the answer is clear. But remember my friend relationships will always be a work in progress. So please be attentive at all times. Keep a clear path of communication and be selfless as long as she worth it.

You laying down some sound advice
pimp.gif
. Your SN is so familiar but Ican't remember why.
nerd.gif

But anywho, how do you KNOW when its time? My girl can be a tad irrational and immature at times. We've been together for a little over a year and a halfand we've know each other since 06'. She is 18 BTW. I know in my heart I'm not missing anything and I don't have the craving to"Live" if you get what I'm saying. Personally I was thinking maybe in another 2 years or maybe we'll be ready.

You laying down some sound adviceimage. Your SN is so familiar but I can't remember why. image

But anywho, how do you KNOW when its time? My girl can be a tad irrational and immature at times. We've been together for a little over a year and a half and we've know each other since 06'. She is 18 BTW. I know in my heart I'm not missing anything and I don't have the craving to "Live" if you get what I'm saying. Personally I was thinking maybe in another 2 years or maybe we'll be ready.

Honestly I went to The Most High with my situation to get confirmation.I saw what i need to see and that was that .....not to mention i had a strong historywith this person. If u feel that there is room for growth and there should be some more time..... Perhaps u should follow ur instincts. As long as ur heart isin the right place all will fall into place and as long as u stay focus then in due time it will be unquestionable! Matters of the heart will always requiregreat patience.

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

You laying down some sound adviceimage. Your SN is so familiar but I can't remember why. image

But anywho, how do you KNOW when its time? My girl can be a tad irrational and immature at times. We've been together for a little over a year and a half and we've know each other since 06'. She is 18 BTW. I know in my heart I'm not missing anything and I don't have the craving to "Live" if you get what I'm saying. Personally I was thinking maybe in another 2 years or maybe we'll be ready.

Honestly I went to The Most High with my situation to get confirmation.I saw what i need to see and that was that .....not to mention i had a strong history with this person. If u feel that there is room for growth and there should be some more time..... Perhaps u should follow ur instincts. As long as ur heart is in the right place all will fall into place and as long as u stay focus then in due time it will be unquestionable! Matters of the heart will always require great patience.

OK sounds good. I really do love her. If only you knew man. She is like that young QB who has raw ability but just has to make it all work at once. She talksabout it a fair amount too.

"The Most High"? I think I know but I don't want to assume?

nah I'm not getting married for the simple fact that government coincides with religion they arn't suppose to intermingle like that... and it smellsfishy and I hate stankin $!!!.

Back
Top Bottom