Thinking of moving to Hawaii...

pros: its paradise.. i feel so at-home when im there.. i cant explain it.. its just 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

cons: youre going to be living on a small island.. some get the feeling of "being trapped" during extended stays at such places. 

me too... if only my girl would transfer to grad school there

kauai > rest of gods green earth

/\ it really isnt tho if u lower ur standards some... no need to have all the ammentiies you have here on the mainland...

my ten days there i coulda really been fine with jus my phone, a quarter, and a case of corona... so much to see/do outdoors and the weathers so perfect i mean really food/rent would be your expenses... and rent isnt THAT bad... 2 bedrooms for 1200 can be had in Kauai n most "towns"... get me a roomate (my girl) and id be GUCCI
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ it really isnt tho if u lower ur standards some... no need to have all the ammentiies you have here on the mainland...

my ten days there i coulda really been fine with jus my phone, a quarter, and a case of corona... so much to see/do outdoors and the weathers so perfect i mean really food/rent would be your expenses... and rent isnt THAT bad... 2 bedrooms for 1200 can be had in Kauai n most "towns"... get me a roomate (my girl) and id be GUCCI
pimp.gif

srsly tho.. HI changed me for the better.. love the simple life out there.
as far as COL goes.. 1200 for a 2br is still steep to a lot of ppl. 

although, i would take that in a heartbeat 

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

pimp.gif
Its not only housing though. Food and other assorted daily use items are much more expensive than their mainland counterparts

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

went to college with the woman of my dreams from there, we talked all the time, sat next to each other and studied together
all the time. never made a move even though people she knew told me she wanted me to.

imagine a 23 year old charlize theron
frown.gif
sick.gif

she was from hawaii, we clicked cause i told i her i visited all the islands and been there twice

i told her id get tired of it after a while, i dropped out and lost my phone the same week
and deactivated my facebook
30t6p3b.gif
This post went downhill pretty quick bro. I am lightweight depressed from reading this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

pros: its paradise.. i feel so at-home when im there.. i cant explain it.. its just 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

cons: youre going to be living on a small island.. some get the feeling of "being trapped" during extended stays at such places. 
+ quite expensive.

But the view and weather is just, awesome.

Originally Posted by darius3668

i live here got a tiny 2 bedroom apartment and i pay 1600 a month in mililani

sick.gif
 what do you do for work..

it seems like most HI cities cater to tourism.. correct me if im wrong. 

grin.gif
tired.gif
 this thread got me browsing thru kayak.

Back
Top Bottom