[| -- This a joke? Lebron changing to #6 for NBA 2010/2011 Season? -- |]

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by Bowzer Blitz

You people give Jordan way to much knowledge.

huh?
laugh.gif

It's really not that complicated.
ohwell.gif
"You people give Jordan way to much knowledge" makes no damn sense grammatically. That's what needsomejays is laughing at.

I think he meant to write "You people give Jordan way too much credit."

Naw I'm pretty sure that's what he meant and it does make sense if you use your head

Nah, it truly doesnt make sense.

How can we give him knowledge???
roll.gif
roll.gif
that didn't come out right
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

^as you grow up, you're going to realize that the majority isn't always right. a survey is irrelevant. Either way now you're saying mj was more important in relation to sports as a whole. but people are saying gretzky is more important for specifically hockey in comparison to basketball, not sports as a whole.

and yes i'm sorry but if you are 16 you don't have the right to be calling for a league wide number retirement when the league was originated in the 1940's, and there has NEVER been league wide retirement.
LOL. What? You talking like you were there in the 1940's. You might be older than the kid, but you have no right to say what is right or wrong either. Opinions at the end of the day. As you grow up you will realize MJ has had a larger impact on society than Gretzky has. And isn't that the main reason why Jackie Robinson had his number retired? Society and then his actual baseball skills. Of course, MJ's impact is NOTHING compared to Robinson's.

And no, don't retire #23.
smile.gif
who is talking about jordan having more impact on society? i said gretzky had more impact on his own sport relative to jordan and basketball. I don't have the right to say it should be retired. i'm too young for that too. you gota be around the league for a long %@@ time to have the right to start retiring numbers out of nowhere imo. it's one thing if in the history of the league they already retired a number, but out of nowhere for jordan? nahhh

what the hell did jordan do for soceity that warrents his number getting retired? having a hand in mass producing shoes that foreign children made in sweat shops and inner city kids killed each other over?
Well I don't know who is saying Jordan has had more impact on society, but those kids waiting in line on Saturday morning for Jordans shouldmean something right? As stated before, the number should not be retired. Just don't start using the age as a factor to why your argument is better thansome 16 year old's. Opinions at the end of the day.

Now you just mad at Jordan Brand. I don't even buy Jordans anymore, but why you on NT?

^as you grow up, you're going to realize that the majority isn't always right. a survey is irrelevant. Either way now you're saying mj was more important in relation to sports as a whole. but people are saying gretzky is more important for specifically hockey in comparison to basketball, not sports as a whole.

and yes i'm sorry but if you are 16 you don't have the right to be calling for a league wide number retirement when the league was originated in the 1940's, and there has NEVER been league wide retirement.
LOL. What? You talking like you were there in the 1940's. You might be older than the kid, but you have no right to say what is right or wrong either. Opinions at the end of the day. As you grow up you will realize MJ has had a larger impact on society than Gretzky has. And isn't that the main reason why Jackie Robinson had his number retired? Society and then his actual baseball skills. Of course, MJ's impact is NOTHING compared to Robinson's.

smile.gif

Dude, on NO level can you compare Jackie Robinson and Michael Jordan in terms of society. It's not even close.

smile.gif

Dude, on NO level can you compare Jackie Robinson and Michael Jordan in terms of society. It's not even close.

eek.gif
roll.gif

larry bird was on the dan patrick show

said they should retire MJ number

but if they tired to retire his he would say no, he likes to see other players rock his number

The thing is, Gretzky's # isn't even retired in the NHL...out of baseball, basketball, football, and hockey, he's the most dominant athlete to EVERplay. His #'s are astounding. That being said, even though his # isn't officially retired by the NHL, no one would even dare skate on the ice in a progame wearing the #99...you'd be looked at as a tool.

*Same can be said about the #66...99 & 66 are the two most sacred numbers in NHL history....neither are retired by the league, but no one would dare wearit

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The thing is, Gretzky's # isn't even retired in the NHL...out of baseball, basketball, football, and hockey, he's the most dominant athlete to EVER play. His #'s are astounding. That being said, even though his # isn't officially retired by the NHL, no one would even dare skate on the ice in a pro game wearing the #99...you'd be looked at as a tool.

*Same can be said about the #66...99 & 66 are the two most sacred numbers in NHL history....neither are retired by the league, but no one would dare wear it
???

http://www.usatoday.com/s...hockey/star00/full37.htm

Back
Top Bottom