This Country Hasn't Changed One Bit

All I want to know is how many of the people saying " this country hasn't changed one bit" had ancestors living in the US, say ,before the1970's.
It's always funny when recent immigrants from Haiti, Jamaica, etc complain about how racist America is.

I DO believe that African Americans whose families have been in the US since the days of slavery and the Jim Crow laws have valid complaints ( and should beafforded reparations of some sort, btw) but I can't give much credence to those complaining whose families never experienced slavery or Jim Crow/ Pre Civilrights movement.

My parents came from the islands in the 80's and they never complained about "The Man" holding them back or anything like that. ...they focusedall that negativity on black americans

Originally Posted by early90s

My parents came from the islands in the 80's and they never complained about "The Man" holding them back or anything like that. ...they focused all that negativity on black americans

Meaning?

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

"early90s" you are not white,log off,start living reality and get some counseling

You are a great example of a racist.

Theres really no point to anyone arguing with this guy though, its just one of those people with a close minded point of view so no matter what you say or howyou try to reason, he'll only believe his opinion.

I don't ever recall saying that I was white. Go re-enroll in high school and get your G.E.D.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Until JJLT76 says something about asians the mods won't do anything.

I'm not being bias or critical any ethnic group or anything in specific, I just horribly interpretated my opinion by other peoples standards. If the topicwas about how whites are holding back Hispanics or something on that sense I would have said about the same thing.

My parents came from the islands in the 80's and they never complained about "The Man" holding them back or anything like that. ...they focused all that negativity on black americans

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

You making Caribbeans look bad...

kix4kix

Meaning exactly what I said in my first post, that black people are some of the most racist people I've come into contact with.

For all of the injustice that blacks have to suffer through....I think we are the most tolerant people on the face of the Earth.

Early90s....you consider yourself black?

Haze now don't tell you haven't heard how those older carribean folks look down on black americans. To them, they are an entire different entity. Isaid my parents had that view of them, not me.

comebacklegend tell me. What is the struggle in your opinion?

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

You're racist buddy.

This thread is about people like you.

A black male can't just live his life like every other human being with out being labeled something.....

How in the hell are you going to determine that 90% of any given group are thugs, or anything else for that matter?...You keep a daily log on each person's activities or something?

Or do you just see a black man dressed and talking in a certain way and determine that they are a thug?

Why are you only saying "A black man cant just live............. without being labeled"? Have you experienced the hate hispanics get? Even in schooli too get labeled by "the system", ust because my name is a common hispanic name im obligated to take 2 ESL exam.......... not even being in APEnglish 4 as a junior is enough evidence to show the school administration that im more than capable of speaking the english language. More people getlabeled..... and like me more people dont complain and just move on silently even though it angers me like nothing else that im being treated special justbecause i have a common hispanic name.

Haze now don't tell you haven't heard how those older carribean folks look down on black americans. To them, they are an entire different entity. I said my parents had that view of them, not me.

comebacklegend tell me. What is the struggle in your opinion?

What is it in your opinion?

Or is there not one?

Yeah...I hear it all the time.....but it pure ignorance. I thought you were saying that those were you're views....

Trinidad hass a top 10 per capita murder rate in the world....who's to blame for that....."Black Americans"?

Kingston has the highest murder rate of any city in the world....but many immigrants like to criticze "Black Americans" as if they have some moralhigh ground to stand over them

That always disgusts me.
Africans all across the globe face the same exact problems, with the same exact root causes....we just tend to misdirect our anger out offrustration ....It shouldn't be directed at "whites" as a race and it damn sure should be directed towards your fellow African....but to say thatwe are the most racist people....that's really a degrading slap in the face, especially in light of all that we have been through and all that we arecurrently going through.

You have groups of people plotting assasination attempts on our future President, simply because his skin is a certain hue.....If we were that racist as agroup....we have had plenty of oppurtunities to do the same (seeing thae every American President has been "white" so far) but the thought has nevereven crossed our collective minds. That should put things in perspective for you.

Racist sentiment within the "black" community has always been reactionary and never an offensive mentality, designed to oppress others...wearen't racist people by nature. History has shown that.

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

JJLT is a disgusting excuse for a human being

you sir a a racist

How dare you speak of me without even knowing my real persona. I am not bias towards any race, im just stating my opinion. You can ask any of my black friendsif ive ever acted racist in any way shape or form towards them, and im 100% confident they will say never.

Black people are unfortunately victims of their own self fulfilling prophecy. Look at hip hop/rap culture. What does it promote? Violence, sex and drugs.Getting rich slinging. Get rich becoming a pro athlete. Black people are afforded every (and sometimes more than other minorities) opportunity to rise out ofthe 'hood, but their culture isn't about hard work. Call me racist or outrageous but I guarantee you Charles Barkley and Bill Cosby (two guys Idefinitely look up to) would both agree with me. I think seeing the outrageously rich rap stars and athletes gives misguided adolescents a false sense ofentitlement that significantly alters their perception of reality. They don't realize that those people worked damn hard all their life to get there. Whydo you see so many immigrants from other countries who come here dirt poor prospering by working themselves to the bone while the other minority groups arefilling jails and ghettos?
The statement from the OP was absurd and borderline idiotic. Racism does exist today, but definitely not to the extent in which it was around. As a minoritymyself I am conscious of my race wherever I go. I know every action I do reflects upon my race. Is that fair that put it upon myself? No, I shouldn't haveto. But I know there are white people walking around every day begging for a minority to screw up so he can have a reason to stereotype, make fun of, or evenhate them. I don't think the black culture realizes that. Some of my best friends are black and we've talked about it before and they completely agreewith me.

^ Yes there is a struggle, but its way bigger than just race, which people fail to understand.

roll.gif
JJLT76 I bet you an ol Remy in Higher Learning looking boy, walking around with all that pent up frustration. The same way you get butt hurt and madbecause the school administration ASSUMES you can't speak english, is the same way WE get upset when you say some stupid %$@% like 90% of black people arethugs.

Originally Posted by JJLT76

You're racist buddy.

A black male can't just live his life like every other human being with out being labeled something.....

How in the hell are you going to determine that 90% of any given group are thugs, or anything else for that matter?...You keep a daily log on each person's activities or something?

Or do you just see a black man dressed and talking in a certain way and determine that they are a thug?

Why are you only saying "A black man cant just live............. without being labeled"? Have you experienced the hate hispanics get? Even in school i too get labeled by "the system", ust because my name is a common hispanic name im obligated to take 2 ESL exam.......... not even being in AP English 4 as a junior is enough evidence to show the school administration that im more than capable of speaking the english language. More people get labeled..... and like me more people dont complain and just move on silently even though it angers me like nothing else that im being treated special just because i have a common hispanic name.

So you think suffering silently and turning your hate against your own oppressed peoples is the answer?

You clearly identify things that are holding your people back from getting an equal education but you still turn around and state that blacks and latinosdon't care about education.

Come on man open your eyes...Im not even going to get into the debate about who has it worse...Im just going to say....stop looking down on your own people,while ignoring the traps and inequalities inherent in the system that cause these problems.

And I didn't say black people (as a whole) ARE the most racist people...but a lot of the one's I've (me personally) encounteredare.

^ Yes there is a struggle, but its way bigger than just race, which people fail to understand.

roll.gif
JJLT76 I bet you an ol Remy in Higher Learning looking boy, walking around with all that pent up frustration. The same way you get butt hurt and mad because the school administration ASSUMES you can't speak english, is the same way WE get upset when you say some stupid %$@% like 90% of black people are thugs.

True, only reason I even felt like expressing my opinions is because ive had to deal with a lot of the SIMILAR (in no way saying they are the same thing,because they are not. Hispanic =/= AA) racial labeling/racism bs that some African Americans have gone through.

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

Black people are unfortunately victims of their own self fulfilling prophecy. Look at hip hop/rap culture. What does it promote? Violence, sex and drugs. Getting rich slinging. Get rich becoming a pro athlete. Black people are afforded every (and sometimes more than other minorities) opportunity to rise out of the 'hood, but their culture isn't about hard work. Call me racist or outrageous but I guarantee you Charles Barkley and Bill Cosby (two guys I definitely look up to) would both agree with me. I think seeing the outrageously rich rap stars and athletes gives misguided adolescents a false sense of entitlement that significantly alters their perception of reality. They don't realize that those people worked damn hard all their life to get there. Why do you see so many immigrants from other countries who come here dirt poor prospering by working themselves to the bone while the other minority groups are filling jails and ghettos?
The statement from the OP was absurd and borderline idiotic. Racism does exist today, but definitely not to the extent in which it was around. As a minority myself I am conscious of my race wherever I go. I know every action I do reflects upon my race. Is that fair that put it upon myself? No, I shouldn't have to. But I know there are white people walking around every day begging for a minority to screw up so he can have a reason to stereotype, make fun of, or even hate them. I don't think the black culture realizes that. Some of my best friends are black and we've talked about it before and they completely agree with me.

Just be thankful that you were not born a black man born in the ghetto...seriously....

Some of you guys talk a great game....if only you knew the struggle that some people go through daily...
smh.gif

anybody who spouts out fake statistics and honestly believes that 90% of black people or any other race of people are "menaces" or "thugs"IS a racist.

I dont give a _ what your friends say.

By definition YOU ARE A RACIST.

Racists are scum of the earth.

Charles Barkley and Bill Cosby (two guys I definitely look up to) would both agree with me
eyes.gif
As if these two people are the authority on black peopleand how they should behave and act. Bill Cosby has absolutely no idea what he's talking about when it comes to Black people as shown by his rant. CharlesBarkley? Come on. Out of all the people you could have picked to consider opinions on Black people you pick those two irrelevant figures.

pick up a book first

Originally Posted by JJLT76

You're racist buddy.

Why are you only saying "A black man cant just live............. without being labeled"? Have you experienced the hate hispanics get? Even in school i too get labeled by "the system", ust because my name is a common hispanic name im obligated to take 2 ESL exam.......... not even being in AP English 4 as a junior is enough evidence to show the school administration that im more than capable of speaking the english language. More people get labeled..... and like me more people dont complain and just move on silently even though it angers me like nothing else that im being treated special just because i have a common hispanic name.

So you think suffering silently and turning your hate against your own oppressed peoples is the answer?

You clearly identify things that are holding your people back from getting an equal education but you still turn around and state that blacks and latinos don't care about education.

Come on man open your eyes...Im not even going to get into the debate about who has it worse...Im just going to say....stop looking down on your own people, while ignoring the traps and inequalities inherent in the system that cause these problems.

This is the last thing i will write in this thread. I keep the anger to myself because what's the point of taking it out somebody else? The education thingis just a broad example, and I used it because it was the first thing that came to mind. Im not looking down on them on purpose, its not my intent, it just myrough observation of the things i see. The education thing can be backed up partially with actual numbers of TAKS (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills)and high school enrollment rates. I say PARTIALLY because ive only seen the data for schools in texas, and if you check the dropout rates and test scores forlatinos and blacks, they are usually the lowest test scores and the highest dropout rates. So take it for what anybody wants but im just stating my opinion/observation.

Huh? If you understand the obstacles that minorities hispanics and african americans alike have to deal with,( being labeled, people making assumptions) thanwhy post that rant against black people? You sounding like a little Uncle Ruckusito.

Huh? If you understand the obstacles that minorities hispanics and african americans alike have to deal with,( being labeled, people making assumptions) than why post that rant against black people? You sounding like a little Uncle Ruckusito.

Huh? If you understand the obstacles that minorities hispanics and african americans alike have to deal with,( being labeled, people making assumptions) than why post that rant against black people? You sounding like a little Uncle Ruckusito.
Thats what i'm having trouble understanding...he is treated as a second class student in school because of his ethnicity...but claims that hispeople are doing poorly in school because they don't care about education...

Back
Top Bottom