This is Disturbing as hell....

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Deception.

Media always sells the story the way they want you to hear it. This is just some local station, you can only imagine what goes on at the major outlets. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by dharv

Had he been white would they have even aired the clip? Honest opinions..

They would have aired it in it's entirety, and then had him making appearences at different news stations, eventually appearing on daytime
tv talk shows to tell his full story about wanting to be a cop, in which a fund would be set up for him to evevntually accomplish just that.

well damn..

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Really. That many stone faces? Like I said, I could be reaching, but it's what came to mind when I saw the commercial.

Maybe that doesn't come to mind if you are an African American (I am), but it definitely struck me that she was a white woman and the repair guy is African American. I'm sure from the perspective of a woman who is not African American there's some subtle psychology at work there. I asked my wife about my analyses when we saw the commercial (she's not African American) and she felt that I was right.

I guess not according to NT though.

I took a class in marketing and I've learned that every single aspect of a commercial, every last detail has been scrutinized and examined by the company, down to the clothes of the characters, the neighborhoods, and yes, the race.

I think you were reaching with the commercial, but you bring up a good point. The people designing the advertisement knew full well that they wanted a black person visiting a white family in an upper-class neighborhood.

Companies are always trying to push diversity and the whole we're including everything image. That's why whenever you see a lineup of employees, or some TV ad in a store, there's always a mix of genders and races.

As for that particular one you posted, I guess it's because a lot of upper-class white families aren't accustomed to interacting with black people. There's definitely a reason why it wasn't a white guy visiting a black family. A lot of white people (not saying all), don't really deal with black people that often so they kind of fear them in a way... this commercial is trying to break that stigma.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Maybe I'm reaching but what I got from it was "white people, don't be afraid when we send a black man to your home."

The part where she pulls out her wallet and dude doesn't want her money is assurance that he's not there to take anything. Has anyone ever encountered those shady guys rolling by in a van at your bank on payday who wants to fix your dents or repair your windows? Well, the man in this video is not one of those guys, he's friendly and will even high five lil' Jimmy.

That's how I saw it. Not quite offensive, but it seems like it was made to put people at ease when a black man shows up at their door to repair their windshield.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif