This is Disturbing as hell....

Originally Posted by do work son

disgusting. what do you gain from doing that?

my exact thought...

they played little man for no reason
tired.gif

Originally Posted by solefood229

30t6p3b.gif
goddamn shame, trying to make shorty out to be some future thug

And then the anchors had the nerve to say "that's scray".
30t6p3b.gif

I'm so sick of this *%%$ . It's gotten to the point that I don't watch the news, but even in my own life I've gotten so accustomed to racism and prejudice that I expect things like this to happen.

On another note has anyone seen this commercial?

Not trying to derail the thread and maybe I'm reaching, but
30t6p3b.gif
is anyone picking up on the underlying meaning of that? Here's a clue, peep the part where she pulls out her wallet...

Maybe I'm reaching but what I got from it was "white people, don't be afraid when we send a black man to your home."

The part where she pulls out her wallet and dude doesn't want her money is assurance that he's not there to take anything. Has anyone ever encountered those shady guys rolling by in a van at your bank on payday who wants to fix your dents or repair your windows? Well, the man in this video is not one of those guys, he's friendly and will even high five lil' Jimmy.

That's how I saw it. Not quite offensive, but it seems like it was made to put people at ease when a black man shows up at their door to repair their windshield.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Maybe I'm reaching but what I got from it was "white people, don't be afraid when we send a black man to your home."

The part where she pulls out her wallet and dude doesn't want her money is assurance that he's not there to take anything. Has anyone ever encountered those shady guys rolling by in a van at your bank on payday who wants to fix your dents or repair your windows? Well, the man in this video is not one of those guys, he's friendly and will even high five lil' Jimmy.

That's how I saw it. Not quite offensive, but it seems like it was made to put people at ease when a black man shows up at their door to repair their windshield.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Really. That many stone faces? Like I said, I could be reaching, but it's what came to mind when I saw the commercial.

Maybe that doesn't come to mind if you are an African American (I am), but it definitely struck me that she was a white woman and the repair guy is African American. I'm sure from the perspective of a woman who is not African American there's some subtle psychology at work there. I asked my wife about my analyses when we saw the commercial (she's not African American) and she felt that I was right.

I guess not according to NT though.

Wow...sad, but it definitely does happen all the time. It's just disgusting seeing the entire thing play out
instead of it just being common knowledge.

Originally Posted by dharv

Had he been white would they have even aired the clip? Honest opinions..

u mean had he said the exact same thing and got cut off like that? No, because in order to reinforce the white cop/black thug stereotype so they would have aired it in its entirety imo. But, this is actually pretty deep 
laugh.gif

By trimming what he said, they successfully manage the perception of millions of viewers. So the message i get is "people, avoid going to ______ or you'll get shot by any black age group"; as you can see "their" whole neighborhood and way of life is barbaric and they start em young."  Had they shown the whole clip, it would have gave it a more positive theme instead of fear. 

I agree to an extent, having grown up in a very uppity neighborhood, there's definitely some trepidation about opening the door for unfamiliar negro males. We used to get those shady vans too, but what it was was they'd have a few cute, bubbly white girls to come to your door and say they're a carper cleaning service, window cleaning, something and secure the sale then a bunch of dudes come out the van with the equipment to do so. It seemed on the up and up though, just kind of wierded me out how they never have the dudes seen until it's time to do whatever. Nobody has broken in my parents's house or anything since then.

Originally Posted by dharv

Had he been white would they have even aired the clip? Honest opinions..

They would have aired it in it's entirety, and then had him making appearences at different news stations, eventually appearing on daytime
tv talk shows to tell his full story about wanting to be a cop, in which a fund would be set up for him to evevntually accomplish just that.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Really. That many stone faces? Like I said, I could be reaching, but it's what came to mind when I saw the commercial.

Maybe that doesn't come to mind if you are an African American (I am), but it definitely struck me that she was a white woman and the repair guy is African American. I'm sure from the perspective of a woman who is not African American there's some subtle psychology at work there. I asked my wife about my analyses when we saw the commercial (she's not African American) and she felt that I was right.

I guess not according to NT though.
You have a point
In my mind I was thinking *They must have used a black dude in order to ease the cutomers when a balck dude fixes his window. It wasn't a white dude fixing the window and it was white family. THey tried breaking the norm...... but you can also say the commercial made it seem like black men are here to serve white families

lets not reach but sometimes its obvious

A news report about a drive-by shooting that aired on Chicago’s CBS 2 (WBBM-TV) included a reaction from a 4-year-old that was edited to make the tyke appear to be headed for a life of crime.

The interview as shown on TV ends with the boy telling a reporter that, rather than stay away from guns when he gets older, he’s “going to have me a gun.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

A news report about a drive-by shooting that aired on Chicago’s CBS 2 (WBBM-TV) included a reaction from a 4-year-old that was edited to make the tyke appear to be headed for a life of crime.

The interview as shown on TV ends with the boy telling a reporter that, rather than stay away from guns when he gets older, he’s “going to have me a gun.

Back
Top Bottom