This is why Mac users think they are so special huh?

pimp.gif
had mine MBP since 09

Me and wifey brought MacBook back in Feb. '09.  Liked it so much, last week I brought a MacBook Pro and an iMac.  No regrets.

Me and wifey brought MacBook back in Feb. '09.  Liked it so much, last week I brought a MacBook Pro and an iMac.  No regrets.

just myself a Mac Book for 1 of my xmas gifts to myself:. but ima wrap it up and open it on xmas haha:.

just myself a Mac Book for 1 of my xmas gifts to myself:. but ima wrap it up and open it on xmas haha:.

The latest version of Ubuntu is
pimp.gif

I also use an iMac on a daily basis but at the end of the day, I love going back to my Windows 7

The latest version of Ubuntu is
pimp.gif

I also use an iMac on a daily basis but at the end of the day, I love going back to my Windows 7

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

windows 7 > snow leopard

people who claim snow leopard is better, never used windows 7
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

And I used Windows 7, I actually have it on my PC.

I will say though ... Mac > PC. They're just so much more smoother, cleaner, and honestly, just look better.

What's the problem with loving the design of the OS and hardware? Nothing. 

Feels weird using a PC now ... when I get a home it will be a Mac home. 

windows 7 > snow leopard

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I will say though ... Mac > PC. They're just so much more smoother, cleaner, and honestly, just look better.

I'm having a problem with my mac. When I do the four finger swipe to show my expose it does it much slower than the other times.
I installed all the software updates and it's still slow. Not to mention I can't do the 3 finger swipe.
WTH is wrong with my mac?
I have like 25gb of free space.
pissing me off.

I'm having a problem with my mac. When I do the four finger swipe to show my expose it does it much slower than the other times.
I installed all the software updates and it's still slow. Not to mention I can't do the 3 finger swipe.
pissing me off.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by ABC

I've had a Mac in my life since I was born. I love them... wouldn't do it any other way.
I don't like PCs simply because I'm not used to them... I just get confused and frustrated trying to navigate around Windows. IMO Apples got too complicated once they jumped to OS X though... OS 9 is 
pimp.gif

I also really really really like how every Apple product is horizontally integrated... iTunes/iPod/Mac/iPhoto all sync with no problems. 

BTW I'm currently running a summer 2009 21.5" iMac, 3.06 gHz with 320 GB HD I think? Can't really imagine my experience getting much better. Only $1200, too.

PC users are so bitter
laugh.gif
 to each their own.

bro im sure you wasnt making colorful stars on an AppleII with the black and green monitors so you not special.
you wasnt watching that giraffe giving birth on that 9in. macintosh screen son.
apple computers are for people not that good at computers bro.
my dude thinkin he know somethin cause his first computer was a blue imac.

why is every supercomputer essentially a PC?

/thread

roll.gif
 how bout i /you with your ignorance?

so you say... not that good at computers you say? i used to think macs were garbage, stupid, waste of money, every word in the book. i was actually on my way to going to college for some computer stuff (i could easily fix a computer within minutes. i built gaming computers for friends, etc). 

my cousin ended up getting a mac, and i bought one shortly after. canceled my application to school and went to school for something else.

i bet you that i can do everything you do on your PC in half the time and without my computer crashing or getting the BSOD
maybe you stopped cause PCs were too much for you.
and lol@ half the time. bro im sure your mac doesnt even have enough ram to run DC universe online.
mine doesnt, but to get 2 more gigs of ram to make it 5 costs me about...75 bucks.
how much would 2 gigs of ram cost for a mac?
assuming  that the extra ram would fit?

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by ABC

I've had a Mac in my life since I was born. I love them... wouldn't do it any other way.
I don't like PCs simply because I'm not used to them... I just get confused and frustrated trying to navigate around Windows. IMO Apples got too complicated once they jumped to OS X though... OS 9 is 
pimp.gif

I also really really really like how every Apple product is horizontally integrated... iTunes/iPod/Mac/iPhoto all sync with no problems. 

BTW I'm currently running a summer 2009 21.5" iMac, 3.06 gHz with 320 GB HD I think? Can't really imagine my experience getting much better. Only $1200, too.

PC users are so bitter
laugh.gif
 to each their own.

bro im sure you wasnt making colorful stars on an AppleII with the black and green monitors so you not special.
you wasnt watching that giraffe giving birth on that 9in. macintosh screen son.
apple computers are for people not that good at computers bro.
my dude thinkin he know somethin cause his first computer was a blue imac.

why is every supercomputer essentially a PC?

/thread

roll.gif
 how bout i /you with your ignorance?

so you say... not that good at computers you say? i used to think macs were garbage, stupid, waste of money, every word in the book. i was actually on my way to going to college for some computer stuff (i could easily fix a computer within minutes. i built gaming computers for friends, etc). 

my cousin ended up getting a mac, and i bought one shortly after. canceled my application to school and went to school for something else.

i bet you that i can do everything you do on your PC in half the time and without my computer crashing or getting the BSOD
maybe you stopped cause PCs were too much for you.
and lol@ half the time. bro im sure your mac doesnt even have enough ram to run DC universe online.
mine doesnt, but to get 2 more gigs of ram to make it 5 costs me about...75 bucks.
how much would 2 gigs of ram cost for a mac?
assuming  that the extra ram would fit?

Originally Posted by Ginzo

pissing me off.

you need to take it to cupertino to get it blessed by the almighty Jobs. it will triple the ram, double your HDD space and make it revolutionary.
Originally Posted by bittersweet

windows 7 > snow leopard

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

why the stoneface?

you named NOTHING that proves him wrong. well, aside from you using windows 7. all you did was talk about it's looks.. which windows 7 delivers also.

but, we'll all buy what we're comfortable with and what appeals to us. i like being able to change components and actually get my money's worth.

i've gone the apple route, and it wasn't for me. too over priced and their stuff didn't live up to the hype. but that's just me. -shrug

Originally Posted by Ginzo

pissing me off.

you need to take it to cupertino to get it blessed by the almighty Jobs. it will triple the ram, double your HDD space and make it revolutionary.
Originally Posted by bittersweet

windows 7 > snow leopard

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

why the stoneface?

you named NOTHING that proves him wrong. well, aside from you using windows 7. all you did was talk about it's looks.. which windows 7 delivers also.

but, we'll all buy what we're comfortable with and what appeals to us. i like being able to change components and actually get my money's worth.

i've gone the apple route, and it wasn't for me. too over priced and their stuff didn't live up to the hype. but that's just me. -shrug

mac hardware (casing/screen) is better designed than almost all PC's

mac and PC internals (processor/drives) are equal in terms of performance and quality.

PC internals (processor/drives) cost less than mac ie. more power for less money.

OS X is equal in terms of functionality with windows 7.

-windows 7 has slightly superior file browsing interface

-OS X runs into significantly less viruses/spyware

-Compatibilty with printers/routers/peripherals is about equal. Windows 7 seemlessly intergrates and recognizes most as does OS X.

For a laptop I would choose a Macbook Pro.

-You can get a faster PC laptop for the price of a Macbook

-The hardware (touchpad/screen/battery life/weight/reliability) makes the price difference worth it.

-Most PC laptops feel plasticky and cheap compared to the Macbook.

-Gaming laptops look like %$#% and the battery life is just as ugly.

-The HP Envy line approaches the hardware quality of the Macbook but fails to match the Macbooks battery life/touchpad quality/firewire capability.

-All functions on the Macbook work very well.... close lid (macbook sleeps).. open lid (macbook wakes up).. battery dies COMPLETELY mid-session (plug charger in and, returns to same session) PC's tend to fail in these areas (usually buggy)

For a desktop I would choose a Windows 7 based PC

-Higher end components for cheaper price.

-Aesthetics don't really matter (you aren't going to carry tower around)

-Easier and cheaper to upgrade and maintain.

-You can get a faster computer + bigger screen than a relatively priced Mac.

The desktop difference is really just the operating system.(MAC has no significant mechanical superiority)

OS X lost its edge when Windows 7 dropped.

If you:

-Have no idea what to do if you get a virus/spyware = GET A MAC

-Want to play the latest games on your computer = GET A PC

-Want a laptop to do things other than gaming = GET A MAC (trust)

^nonfiction

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

You can have a decent PC that doesn't have any problems and be reliable without paying that much, just so that you know.
I think you're ignoring the Service part of that graph. The part in which Apple just blows every other company out of the water.

The service is what I pay for when I buy from Apple. I am very keen on good service.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

You can have a decent PC that doesn't have any problems and be reliable without paying that much, just so that you know.
I think you're ignoring the Service part of that graph. The part in which Apple just blows every other company out of the water.

The service is what I pay for when I buy from Apple. I am very keen on good service.

Back
Top Bottom