This is why you buy doubles....

Originally Posted by Hodog16

My problem with doubles is that I never know when to call it a day with the first pair.
jason you the man
smokin.gif
good looking out again on those laneyV's and college blue XVII

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

same here Hodog. Looking at the pics I just posted...you'd think I'd replace the beat ones....but I still think I can eek out a bit more life from em before they get junked
Baby wipes and a scrub brush are a NTers best friend!

Wow, name from the past. this warrants a post...

The best time to have doubles is when they are shoes that no one wants.
Have quadruples of Neon Talaria and triples of dunk high cloud/anthracite.

And just because the shoe you're referencing is retro, doesn't mean it belongs in... just buggin'
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Hodog16

My problem with doubles is that I never know when to call it a day with the first pair.

Yeah, or you know when the first pair is done, but just can't bring yourself to UnDS the second pair.
grin.gif

I always feel better when I'm wearing the first pair knowing that if the posite' gnomes steal this pair I will still have a fresh DS pair. lol

Originally Posted by OEUF

And just because the shoe you're referencing is retro, doesn't mean it belongs in... just buggin'
smile.gif
damn this dude has been on NT forever. I even remeber that name from my first time on NT. And i just noticed who started this thread. Wow i cantbelieve you both are still on NT
as far as doubles and triples, i agree the best time to get them is when they are shoes no one wants

right now im actully thinking of selling some kicks just to buy some double that i need..

Originally Posted by OEUF

smile.gif
thats all too true. many of what i have in double, triple, quad, or HIGHER have come by pure adoption.. no one seemingly wants some of thesemodels and at $40 bucks, I can't let them get out of my hands. accumulation and pack rat mentality kicks in for me at this point. you hate owning half ofthe world supply of a particular model and being "selfish" but i can only be so nice.

i try to get doubles when possible, depends on how much the sneaker cost or how much i love the shoe.

yeah its like ok when you retire the first pair, do you rock the other pair, or keep it fresh??? tough call to make. those are fly though

I just copped doubles in the original fila grant hill 3s in white/black/maroon colorway.
Next month will be 10 years for me as far as collecting kicks goes however doubling up on each pair is becoming more and more addictive for each pair of shoesthat i purchase.
Its hard for me not to purchase doubles for certain shoes. Now im thinking about doubling up on the eggplant foams if possible.

heh.....a little bit of a gravedig...but I just gave the beat pair up for donation.

as for how tight I wore them...
laugh.gif
....I used these kicks for everything.. from the occasional pickup game to riding my bicycle and motorcycle to digging upplants in the garden...so yeah...they got way used

wow, Dirty in Retro! good to see you in here boss. one more step and you will be in showcase, the best house of NT IMHO

Never understood the need for doubles. I just try and take care of my single pair. I guess if I had the money...then maybe.

Back
Top Bottom