This Jussie Smollett Situation is REALLY Bizarre...

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.40.59 AM.png

im talking specifically about how they handled this case

when other ppl bring up mcdonald etc its always that has nothing to do with this case right?

im not saying they have to put out all their info, im saying until they completed their investigation they shouldnt have said anything

i get that, but with how early they knew to come out and announce they may arrest him how does it take so long?

like i said 3 weeks ago they said if he staged it they would arrest him

im saying they should have kept quiet if that was their intention until they were ready to it

announcing it early and not doing it immediately speaks to their mishandling of the case imo
Bro you have so many wrongs in here I don’t know where to start.

First, correct CPD did say that they would arrest Jussie if they determined he staged it BUT they didn’t give a timeline because that is impossible when they are constantly receiving and discovering new evidence/information.

Second, with all the media attention the case is getting from LGBT, African American, and political community CPD had no choice but release information. This is a case of you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t. If they don’t say anything it may appear as if they aren’t taking the case serious and aren’t doing enough.

Lastly, for you to say them releasing information and not acting immediately actually speaks to the opposite of mishandling. It demonstrates that CPD is taking their time and running down ALL leads.

Something you need to consider is just because you have some information it doesn’t mean you have enough to arrest and prosecute a person. There are known murders, burglars, rapists etc. running free because law enforcement does not have enough evidence to charge them.

Last edited:
Bro you have so many wrongs in here I don’t know where to start.

First, correct CPD did say that they would arrest Jussie if they determined he staged it BUT they didn’t give a timeline because that is impossible when they are constantly receiving and discovering new evidence/information.

Second, with all the media attention the case is getting from LGBT, African American, and political community CPD had no choice but release information. This is a case is of you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t. If they don’t say anything it may appear as if they aren’t taking the case serious and aren’t doing enough.

Lastly, for you to say them releasing information and not acting immediately actually speaks to the opposite of mishandling. It demonstrates that CPD is taking their time and running down ALL leads.

Something you need to consider is just because you have some information it doesn’t mean you have enough to arrest and prosecute a person. There are known murders, burlglars, rapists etc. running free because law enforcement does not have enough evidence to charge them.

"if they dont say anything it may appear they arent taking the case serious"

no it wouldnt how many times do regular ppl say "wait for all the facts"? no one would think they arent doing anything, thats just your opinion, but when they announce early and fail to act on it it makes me suspicious

how does it show theyre taking their time? again if they had something to arrest him on announcing it early that they MIGHT is beneficial to them how?

the only thing it does is muddy the court of public opinion which is irrelevant

and those cases you are talking about where police dont have evidence they dont announce that they might arrest prematurely either

im not going back and forth with this anymore

agree to disagree

That goes back to my point the CPD has and/or is getting new information that they have to run down. That takes time. They have to interview the “witness” try getting video from the elevator and building then search the entire area for other cameras that may have caught them together. Shiet takes a lot of time and resources.

I hope hes not lying but anyone who says the story doesn't sound suss is lying straight up. Sometimes suss sounding stories pan out to be true although that's rare. Whether hes vindicated or not it will always be through the reported investigation. The same way JM should he be charged I feel like police departments should be punished even harsher for making false reports. They have to be held to a higher standard when they are the authority. I'd say filing false police reports is the same as police cover ups and both should have significant consequences. JM lied during a DUI stop but how many of the investigative officers service records are being dug up? It's a 2 way street out here.

I really hope he is not lying. I feel like lying about something like this really discredits other people when they try to file a complaint.

So someone just made that **** up?? That's what I mean when I say it seems like people want him to be lying.
:lol: nobody made anything up. A tenant in the same building thought she saw three guys that fit the description of Jussie and the perpetrators so they reported. CPD did their due deligence and investigated the lead but did not find any corroborating evidence to support the “witnesses” report.

A high percentage of people don’t want him to be lying they just want the truth.

I mean come on bro...due to all this publicity CPD is having to devote tons of resources to this case. Those resources could be spent in a more efficient and effect way.

Reactions: God
I never like to judge without hearing the story in its entirety BUT it’s fishy AF that jussie gave the police a redacted copy of his phone records. If me or someone from my family fell victim to a hate crime we would do everything in our power to help the police not inhibit them. The police and the victim should have a common objective...justice and doing anything and everything to ensure that happens.

Wait, how do you pronounce Jussie? Is the U a long U or short U sound?

Long U, like Juicy J? Juicy Fruit?

Back
Top Bottom