And you havn`t even gotten to the best season yet,season 4
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Wire is def the GOAT tv show imo.

I loved the Sopranos also but nothing really comes close. HBO Dramas
pimp.gif

I definitely had to watch Season 2 a second time to really appreciate the "less hood" aspect. However no season is touching 4, and my young G Mike
pimp.gif

I definitely had to watch Season 2 a second time to really appreciate the "less hood" aspect. However no season is touching 4, and my young G Mike
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kramer

How many seasons are there of it? Is it easy to get into?
5 seasons, it's strongly plot/case driven (it's called The WIRE for a reason) so it takes a while to build up the first few seasons. But by season 3-4 every character is known and it flies by

Originally Posted by Kramer

How many seasons are there of it? Is it easy to get into?
5 seasons, it's strongly plot/case driven (it's called The WIRE for a reason) so it takes a while to build up the first few seasons. But by season 3-4 every character is known and it flies by

"What I tell you about playin' them %$%++@! away games?"
pimp.gif
One of the realest moments in the entire series.

"What I tell you about playin' them %$%++@! away games?"
pimp.gif
One of the realest moments in the entire series.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

the whole series is way too slowwww. so boooorrrrrinnnggggg.

it's a tv drama, not a documentary.

the shield >>> the wire
Knew you'd be in here...listen to the first 45 minutes of that podcast I posted. I think it could change your opinion. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Nope, even the guys in the podcast said The Wire was slow and that you would have to watch 4-5 episodes IN A ROW to even like it.  Way too slow for a TV show.

If you watched Lost or the Shield, you always wanted to know what happened next.  This doesn't make it a cheap, generic TV show.  The show has to be good itself for anyone to want to continue watching it.

I had to force myself to watch The Wire because yall said it was the GOAT.  I was so disappointed when I finished it...

the shield >>> the wire
Knew you'd be in here...listen to the first 45 minutes of that podcast I posted. I think it could change your opinion. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Nope, even the guys in the podcast said The Wire was slow and that you would have to watch 4-5 episodes IN A ROW to even like it.  Way too slow for a TV show.

If you watched Lost or the Shield, you always wanted to know what happened next.  This doesn't make it a cheap, generic TV show.  The show has to be good itself for anyone to want to continue watching it.

I had to force myself to watch The Wire because yall said it was the GOAT.  I was so disappointed when I finished it...

the shield >>> the wire
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

When i watched the series, I didn't watch 4-5 episodes cuz i had to. I watched 4-5 episodes because i couldn't get enough. How was it too slow? Cuz there wasn't big explosions or action scenes?

the shield >>> the wire
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

When i watched the series, I didn't watch 4-5 episodes cuz i had to. I watched 4-5 episodes because i couldn't get enough. How was it too slow? Cuz there wasn't big explosions or action scenes?

Originally Posted by lawless2387

pimp.gif

Yup. You don't understand how much groundwork gets laid in Season 2 that comes back up in the next three seasons.

Originally Posted by lawless2387

pimp.gif

Yup. You don't understand how much groundwork gets laid in Season 2 that comes back up in the next three seasons.

where can i watch the wire streaming? starting from season 1 plz.. is it on hbo on demand currently?

where can i watch the wire streaming? starting from season 1 plz.. is it on hbo on demand currently?

Back
Top Bottom