Those who live a christian life, how do you feel?

Lol so much anger in your post bro. What is arrogant about submission to the creator? Tranquilo bro. Learn how to talk and then say something worthwhile instead of attacks.

But it was okay for you to attack people and refer to a large group of people as “diseased minds?”

😭😭

Oh, ok!

Lol so much anger in your post bro. What is arrogant about submission to the creator? Tranquilo bro. Learn how to talk and then say something worthwhile instead of attacks.
Translation for those of you that don't speak religious hypocrit:

"Why won't you tolerate my intolerance?"

Thanks for proving my point, dude. :lol:

lol i defined a set of people that I’ve either talked to or heard them talk. You don’t agree with my experience dealing with people? Then correct me

You just attacked me.

lol i defined a set of people that I’ve either talked to or heard them talk. You don’t agree with my experience dealing with people? Then correct me
*Declares that God exists.*

*Asks others to prove him wrong*

You just attacked me.
*Then plays the persecution card, ignoring that people can read/remember what he said before*
Diseased minds.
I can feel the compassion, empathy, humility, and love in this post...

nothing else I can say it seems. This thread is meant for people to come in here and say god sucks and doesn’t exist and Jesus is fake ahaha look at these religious zealots and rapists ahaha.

Is that better do I belong in here now?

if we can move beyond attacks let’s just talk…

.Math , physics, science all of it, the whole fields, are in search for that truth right? Where is the beginning. All that exist right now are theories correct? Whether you believe no creator or a creator they’re both theories in this one quest that some humans question. Is this what this thread is about? If so let’s continue the convo otherwise there is no point really

I went to a catholic highschool but other than a particularly archaic aspect of the dress code (no spaghetti straps or tank tops because shoulder display was ‘overly sexual’), they were very progressive.
Religion class was more like history class, a deep dive on the history of the major religions. How they were formed and evolved, the controversies, …
We even learned about Egyptian, Greek, Roman and Norse mythology.
I never felt like the religion class teachers were pushing christianity on us, and every teacher was well aware there were no religious students at all besides a small amount of muslims.
I think the school just accepted reality that my generation (I’m 29) had absolutely zero interest in religion, again with the sole exception of muslims.

Islam seems to be the only religion that is doing somewhat ok with the younger generation now where I live. Besides muslims, I’ve never met a single religious person as far as I know that wasn’t at least 2-3 decades older than me.

Islam seems to be the only religion that is doing somewhat ok with the younger generation now where I live. Besides muslims, I’ve never met a single religious person as far as I know that wasn’t at least 2-3 decades older than me.

Since a lot of people in this thread are always ready to have their feelings hurt this is a Disclaimer: This is religious talk. No i will not give you sources. If you dont believe in God good for you, leave me alone.

The Quran is deep man. It is the only book not authored by man. Think about that for a minute.

If you do decide to read it, and because its in Arabic, I would suggest using a version that has a direct translation to the language you speak. Unfortunately a lot of the versions out there that are translated, change words to capture meanings. This is wrong. Do not read any "interpretation" or "exegesis" versions.

Since a lot of people in this thread are always ready to have their feelings hurt this is a Disclaimer: This is religious talk. No i will not give you sources. If you dont believe in God good for you, leave me alone.

The Quran is deep man. It is the only book not authored by man. Think about that for a minute.

If you do decide to read it, and because its in Arabic, I would suggest using a version that has a direct translation to the language you speak. Unfortunately a lot of the versions out there that are translated, change words to capture meanings. This is wrong. Do not read any "interpretation" or "exegesis" versions.
I think some sort of higher power could be possible but I view all aspects of organized religion as delusional fairytales.
To each their own of course, religion by itself is harmless and it obviously provides a substantial benefit to the average believer.
Religion only becomes an issue when it's exploited as a tool to drag everyone back to the medieval era, like the US' hard-right evangelicals pushing for a fascist theocracy for example.

Labels are put on everything and the human mind is exploited for every drop of science to sell product or idea.

Are religions used to control or organize society, yes they are.

Are political structures and any form of government, democracy, autocracy, communism etc also used to control and organize society, yes they are.

Is the human psyche exposed to millions of advertisements over time to gain market share in your brain, developed by scientists for products and other idealogues all because they have studied the human so well and know our need to want to belong and etc and can fulfil these needs through a bunch of wants and beliefs ? Yes it is.

You are exploited either way and all forms of thought you think you are original and are focused on getting away from one, belong to another.

Religion , imo frees you from that. In part cuz it’s is strictly only you and god.

I went to private school. I couldn't just pull up in shorts or jeans. There was a dress code I had to follow. We all had to wear uniforms.

Some girls got creative with the skirts tho 😈
There was a dress code at my catholic highschool that was generally very progressive but one aspect was incredibly archaic.

While there was technically a rule against super short skirts or “excessive” cleavage, I never saw or heard of those being enforced.

They also never objected against those metalhead t-shirts with pentagrams, upside down crosses, anti-Jesus slogans etc.

Now here comes the absurd part. One day while it was very very hot outside, I went to get lunch with a classmate who was wearing a spaghetti strap top. They refused to serve both of us food because apparently bare shoulders are against the dress code for being too arousing.

Likewise, I was refused food once too for wearing a tank top during a heatwave.

If you didn’t have anything to cover up with, you were forced to wear some nasty gym clothes.

Prom usually isn't on campus though. Not saying there isn't an etiquette requirement in the dress code, but Prom is different. They wrong for not letting that girl cook.

My issue is not even that American Christians don't practice quietly; it's that they want to turn the country into a Christian theocracy.

Clergy privilege? The ****?

And that's what is alarming: the amount of sympathy that the Christian reasoning get in US courts is too high to be ignored, and if it keeps going, we won't be able to differentiate between the priest and the judge.

I agree
I am a Christian and dont want a Theocracy.
I would never want the sunday school teacher running the country.

I didnt even want Dereck Carr quarterbacking my Raiders…good guy…bad QB.

Back
Top Bottom