Those who live a christian life, how do you feel?

POS mascerading as people of God. Disgusting.

Might as well change thread title to: The worst of christianity. Thats all that gets posted here at this point.

What does the Bible say about sexual assault or consent?

Didn't know what other thread to discuss this in. Definitely would like to hear some thoughts. Personally, I think these people are wildin', but I identify as a Christian, so we're on two different sides. I really am not bothered by stuff like this and actually find it rather entertaining. Won't be diving more into Satanasism because it's not an interest of mine and I'd rather study other religions first (Islam, specifically).

Definitely intrigued to hear the thoughts of those in here, whether you're Christian or not.

They even have a thing called "Un-Baptism."

Is it wild that the first thing I thought of listening to them was this:

4EA0A337-9549-4D6A-8575-399CCF1D3331.jpeg

This is the thing that always bothered me about Christian morality. It can't be honest if you're acting good for fear of damnation. Do good to others because you want to, not because you fear the fire.

Also, the story of Job.

You mean to tell me that Dude killed this man's whole family (because Satan challenged him, which a failure in itself), threw him in a whale's stomach, and the best Dude could do after Job's ordeal was give him another family, even though he has the power to resuscitate people? You mean to tell me Job was supposed to be happy the big guy gave him more money and more mouths to feed after torturing him?

This is the thing that always bothered me about Christian morality. It can't be honest if you're acting good for fear of damnation. Do good to others because you want to, not because you fear the fire.

Also, the story of Job.

You mean to tell me that Dude killed this man's whole family (because Satan challenged him, which a failure in itself), threw him in a whale's stomach, and the best Dude could do after Job's ordeal was give him another family, even though he has the power to resuscitate people? You mean to tell me Job was supposed to be happy the big guy gave him more money and more mouths to feed after torturing him?
You mean, Jonah. He was the one that was swallowed by a giant fish.

But the story of Job was to emphasize his never-ending faith to God.

Also, the story of Job.

All great literature is allegory and the bible is no different. Shakespeare, Homer, prerty much all mythology is written in this style, whether its greek, egyptian, norse, etc. Even current hollywood screenplays deploy this style. Often times when you speak of allegory as it relates to the bible most people assume you are speaking of the underlying lesson, or the moral of the story. What it really means is there is a completely different narrative under the surface of a fictional portrayal of people and events. Its a double entendre so to speak. Just as you need a key to understand a map, you need a key to understand the symbolism that is being used in not only the bible but a vast majority of literature and movies. The message of the bible has nothing to do with a sky daddy living in the clouds vs. a horned beast with tail and a pitchfork living underground. These are merely personifications of aspects of human nature, consciousness and the psyche of man. You're born in sin yet jesus is within you, this whole thing is about YOU, as a human being, not these fictional characters that exist outside of you. The stories in the bible dont hold water for the intellect because the surface level is fictionalized as a means to portraying the 2nd narrative accurately. People have been arguing to the death for centuries over the literal interpretation of these stories and everyone is completely missing the point, its going right over their heads.

Most Biblical names are not historically accurate. Even when it comes down to other historical figures, most of their names are incorrect/Americanized/White washed.

Would just like to reiterate I’m not blaming any religion or the people actually doing good

but there are some horrible people and it’s unfortunate they are using religion as a knife and shield for their mess

like I just assume if you’re using a phrase like “pro life“, you’re going oppose guns and war.. want to make healthcare accessible and affordable.. you’re going worry about people’s quality of life, wanting to make sure housing could be accessible and affordable.. education accessible and affordable.. food, accessible and affordable

Need to look this stuff up.. But amazing given how defensive some are towards marriage

Back
Top Bottom