Tidal Streaming!!

Why are people so eager for this to fail?

And some of you?

Some of you need to look in the mirror and evaluate some things.

Of course the music industry and it's competitors are going to try and downplay it or post negative reviews. It's giving the artist a bigger slice and more control.

After a month a business is a failure :lol:

I'm not eager to see this fail, at all. I just think the launch was a horrible approach. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm suppose to feel sorry for the artist in any sense because the big bad corporate bully isn't distributing funds back to the artist?

Why are people so eager for this to fail?

And some of you?

Some of you need to look in the mirror and evaluate some things.

Of course the music industry and it's competitors are going to try and downplay it or post negative reviews. It's giving the artist a bigger slice and more control.

After a month a business is a failure :lol:

I'm not eager to see this fail, at all. I just think the launch was a horrible approach. Left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm suppose to feel sorry for the artist in any sense because the big bad corporate bully isn't distributing funds back to the artist?

Even with your comment it still seems like you "hated before your played it".

For the majority of ppl that want this to fail, was putting more money in the artists pocket your first take away when you heard about Tidal or are you piggy backing off some publication or bloggers thoughts?

I mean you have artists that partner and launch products all the time that have nothing to do with music that fail or succeed. I think most of us are indifferent to most of that unless it involves something we are interested in.

But now that artists have launched something in their field we have all this criticism for them and some pseduo righteous cause to not line their pockets with more of our money?

If it was some conglomerate that bought and launch it, would people be out right hating and wishing for it's failure? They just wouldn't care.

That's why I find this amusing :lol: Crabs in a barrel indeed.

And as far as the faces they used? Nobody would know who the struggling artist is, so they need the artist with power and a fan base.

And many artist don't live a lavish lifestyle or have short careers.

Their publishing is how they will support themselves

If it was some conglomerate that bought and launch it, would people be out right hating and wishing for it's failure? They just wouldn't care.

That's why I find this amusing :lol: Crabs in a barrel indeed.

And as far as the faces they used? Nobody would know who the struggling artist is, so they need the artist with power and a fan base.

Sign better contracts then. Not sympathizing with any of their poor decisions.

That **** fell all the way out of the apps chart.

If you have that kind of star power behind your product, and its no where to be found...
mean.gif

I'm all for seeing a dude succeed, but not when you're trying to play the general public for fools. That's what Jay did, he tried to sell people some ******** and pass it off like a revolution against the industry. 

He has a track record of doing that. 

Last edited:
Tidal is a dope *** name for a streaming company tho. Coulda had an even better logo n setup. Jay need an exclusive album on this joint quick tho, before things fade to black.

If you have that kind of star power behind your product, and its no where to be found...
mean.gif

I'm all for seeing a dude succeed, but not when you're trying to play the general public for fools. That's what Jay did, he tried to sell people some ******** and pass it off like a revolution against the industry. 

And there it is.  

Tired of cats dressing up a business venture as some cool revolution type thing. 

I'm not glad to see Tidal "fail", but I'm glad to see that people out there have half a brain and aren't falling for the star power x sob story combo.   

That's why I find this amusing
laugh.gif
Crabs in a barrel indeed.

the thing is tho, the faceS of this app are the top 1% of musicians in america... nobody feels bad for the very top of the top. and i guarantee you not ONE Person on that stage ate more off publishing than they did off touring or other business ventures. not ONE. yes spotify and streaming apps like that pay a fraction of a cent per play. yes. but i dont care. because when u combin spotify, with their youtube check, with the vevo check, with the check from the music video for product placement, with online interviews... theyre making a PRETTY penny from online revenue alone.

mean.gif

NAILED IT. he insulted everyone's intelligence by trying to dress it up as revolutionary and empowering. everyone knew from the jump that it only empowered the richEST musicians to get even richer. nobody wants to support that, ESPECIALLY AT A PREMIUM OF $20.

jay tried to pull an apple. see something that already exists and frankly didn't need any more competition, make your own version, then call it revolutionary. so this isn't crabs in a barrel. people aren't happy to see this fail cuz its jay z. theyre happy to see it fail cuz it was stupid, opulent, and insulted our intelligence as a consumer. if they came out humble with it...i guarantee everyone would feel differently. GUARANTEE. 

Ohh ok... I guess i see why some of you guys have the attitudes you do toward it if you feel insulted by what they did.

I dont really stream music but ive downloading for free online for years so I guess thats why im indifferent and surprised by so many of you guys being offended.

How could they have come out more humble? They told the other brands that they are empowering artists(was this bad?). What should they have told the consumer?

Last edited:
Ohh ok... I guess i see why some of you guys have the attitudes you do toward it if you feel insulted by what they did.

I dont really stream music but ive downloading for free online for years so I guess thats why im indifferent and surprised by so many of you guys being offended.

How could they have come out more humble? They told the other brands that they are empowering artists(was this bad?). What should they have told the consumer?
ill put it like this, they were too gaudy. changing the history of music forever? together, we are tidal? there is no together. music will never be the same? because you can stream at a higher bitrate? then u yank your content from providers MILLIONS of people use to try and force them to join you if they want to support you? nah b. they laid it on waaaaaaaay too thick

So are you upset at Samsung and Apple?
yes and no. i have no personal connection to those companies. apple ive vowed to never support. and i haven't. i am 100% against what they do in the tech world. samsung im just disappointed with when it comes to their phones. even this latest s6/edge... theres just nothing new. i was in the market for a new phone for months. i waited on it. they talked about designing it from the ground up and all new this and all new that. when i finally saw it after it came out... it was the same as always, it even looks the same. what redesign? what all new? my phone is TWO going on THREE years old now and i cant see a reason to upgrade yet? and i dont even like my phone? they sold the sizzle and messed up the steak. 

but... samsung never came out and said this will change phones forever. they never said together, we can make curved edges historical. we need to increase the price of our phones cuz our manufacturers are taking too big a cut lol

Last edited:
the thing is tho, the faceS of this app are the top 1% of musicians in america... nobody feels bad for the very top of the top. and i guarantee you not ONE Person on that stage ate more off publishing than they did off touring or other business ventures. not ONE. yes spotify and streaming apps like that pay a fraction of a cent per play. yes. but i dont care. because when u combin spotify, with their youtube check, with the vevo check, with the check from the music video for product placement, with online interviews... theyre making a PRETTY penny from online revenue alone.

NAILED IT. he insulted everyone's intelligence by trying to dress it up as revolutionary and empowering. everyone knew from the jump that it only empowered the richEST musicians to get even richer. nobody wants to support that, ESPECIALLY AT A PREMIUM OF $20.

jay tried to pull an apple. see something that already exists and frankly didn't need any more competition, make your own version, then call it revolutionary. so this isn't crabs in a barrel. people aren't happy to see this fail cuz its jay z. theyre happy to see it fail cuz it was stupid, opulent, and insulted our intelligence as a consumer. if they came out humble with it...i guarantee everyone would feel differently. GUARANTEE. 

All of this. I thought Jay's exclusive Samsung launch of his album was a very smart move. Kudos to that. But his approach here got the best of him, I'm still a huge fan of Hov. As I said on my post, I'm just calling a spade a spade.

It just is what it is.

Offended by what? Somebody wanting a bigger piece of the pie when they're getting shafted? So because an individual is already well off then that negates their right to a fair deal? Point blank the infrastructure of music deals is **** and I can't blame artists for wanted to keep what is rightfully THEIRS. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not understanding what's soooooo offensive other than that Jay is the face of this & I don't even like dude like that.

Offended by what? Somebody wanting a bigger piece of the pie when they're getting shafted? So because an individual is already well off then that negates their right to a fair deal? Point blank the infrastructure of music deals is **** and I can't blame artists for wanted to keep what is rightfully THEIRS. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not understanding what's soooooo offensive other than that Jay is the face of this & I don't even like dude like that.
jay being the face isn't offensive. thats some hater s*** to say. getting shafted? let me explain something to you. these music streaming places dont just find new music and throw it up for everyone to listen to. these artists sign paperwork with the payment plans explained THOROUGHLY. they enter into contracts with these services and then GIVE them the music as per the contract. if someone tells me something i dont like in a contract...i dont sign. u have no idea how grimey the music biz is. i feel nothing when it comes to these top artists getting "shafted." u have no idea what that looks like yet, trust me. dont buy into their story about how much they get robbed.

Last edited:
So you acknowledge that the music industry is a cess pool, yet are offended when the top artists take a stance & wanna do things their way. I won't even get into the contract debate that's an issue in its own right. Seems to me like the only reason you're mad is bc rich folk are already rich. What kind of hater **** is that?

So you acknowledge that the music industry is a cess pool, yet are offended when the top artists take a stance & wanna do things their way. I won't even get into the contract debate that's an issue in its own right. Seems to me like the only reason you're mad is bc rich folk are already rich. What kind of hater **** is that?
im no hater lol. im going thru a lot of the politics in the industry right now just trying to get established. us regular people are too concerned with getting our own money to be hearing that we need to add yet another half a phone bill to our expenses cuz jay z says we're about to "empower ourselves." theres a reason other musicians are speaking out about tidal being a bad idea. its a moneygrab. and hes not grabbing mine. simple as that. and im  not mad per se. im not affected because like many people in here...i was laughing at this whole thing from the jump. from the pretentious video of them sitting at a super long table trying to look super important... to signing the declaration during their conference on stage. trying to use star power is ok sometimes. selling the sizzle is recommended. but theres a fine line. 

im a marketing major and i do some stuff for a firm in ATL. one of the things i wrote about, was an analogy. in a rough nutshell i wrote marketing is like going fishing. use the right bait at the right place during the right time and u hooked urself a fish (customer) however... if the fish becomes aware that they're being targeted or if the fish becomes aware that "hey, this is bait" you've more than likely lost the fish for good. we are the fish in this instance, and we have recognized that they're fishing. the bait was too over the top, and has come off as abrasive. 

PERSONALLY, i have albums on album on albums in a good enough bitrate that i dont care for what theyre pedaling. and...i dont like copying disguised as innovation.

Last edited:
How do you guys download music movies or media and feel no guilt?

Really, is it not exactly theft?

I think now this generation has a sense of entitlement with music and movies.

They'll complain about music, but won't support the artist music. Record sales are a way to show you have a fanbase. That's how tours and shows are lined up. You don't sell records, the less you get per show. Yeah, you can go indie, but it's a lot harder to promote your product and reach the people. Most people are diehard enough to even support artist. They'll move on to the next hot upcoming artist and it will be out of sight, out mind.

jay being the face isn't offensive. thats some hater s*** to say. getting shafted? let me explain something to you. these music streaming places dont just find new music and throw it up for everyone to listen to. these artists sign paperwork with the payment plans explained THOROUGHLY. they enter into contracts with these services and then GIVE them the music as per the contract. if someone tells me something i dont like in a contract...i dont sign. u have no idea how grimey the music biz is. i feel nothing when it comes to these top artists getting "shafted." u have no idea what that looks like yet, trust me. dont buy into their story about how much they get robbed.

Do you realize how much Spotify makes and how much they're worth? It's worth almost $10 billion. It's now worth more than the entire recording industry, and they pay the artist peanuts. You get like .005 to .007 to stream a song and that's if you own your publishing. So that's getting split up. A lot of older artist don't own their publishing, so they get nada.

That's why someone like Taylor Swift pulled her music. They're making a lot more off her music than she is, and they're doing absolutely nothing but hosting it. They promote their product, not the artist. You can stream a new album the day it comes out on Spotify, and download it for offline use and you don't even get a penny.

They're the ones creating the product making someone else rich. The dude who owns it is worth $3 bil.

But people want to get upset for the way they launched it :lol:

Ya'll want jay-Z and the artist to fail, but some dude is getting billions.

Last edited:
Nobody wants anybody to fail.

But don't be worth $500 million and then try to have people think you're somehow empowering the artists by supporting and buying their music, when it's only empowering their pockets. None of these people are hurting for money. None of them. So it makes no sense to sit there and talk about giving back to the artist when all of those people that stood on that stage have went gold or platinum, multiple times. It's ******** and people aren't stupid.

Not to mention the app itself is pretty awful and hard to use. Why pay for something new when you can continue using your same old app?

This's was just an all around terrible idea.

Back
Top Bottom