timberwolve or celtic?

It's not a copout answer, but both. It's impossible not to remember him during his prime and MVP season because his numbers were disgusting.

And then I'll remember him finally winning it in Boston. 
This.

Damn I wish KG/Ray/Pierce won it the year after too
mean.gif
. That slum *** Lakers team that year didn't deserve that title.
 Boston showed a lot of heart that series but had some tough breaks. 
mean.gif

Wolves. Back in the early 2000s, him, TImmy and CWebb were my fave big men. Hated Shaq soooo much during their 3-peat.

KG is just a monster statistically. :smh:

And always loved those Wolves alternates.

Timberwolves because that was when he became my favorite player. Stat beast and wants to win at all cost. Love the fact that he got that ring in Boston though.

2003-2004 with Minnesota

82 games

49.9 FG%

79.1 FT%

13.9 RPG

5.0 AST

1.5 ST

2.5 BLK

24.2 PPG

In my opinion, the best all-around stat year by any player in NBA History!

Definitely Timberwolves

Born in Boston, then moved to Minnesota for a couple years before coming to the Bay Area. Garnett was drafted when I lived in Minnesota and I remember watching his game develop from a teenager into his prime. Guy ALWAYS brings it on both ends of the floor and is one of the most passionate, loyal, and unselfish players I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

A couple stories some people may have forgotten about KG; During his MVP season in MN, SI asked him to be on the cover of their magazine and he refused unless Sprewell and Cassell could be on the cover with him. Then, during his first season with Boston, he was asked again to be on the cover. Again, he refused unless Ray and Paul could be on the cover with him.

Theres absolutely no doubt in my mind had KG not injured his knee in 2009, he would have atleast 2 more rings in his collection. And had he been traded out of MN earlier, then anything could've been possible. Many, including myself regard Tim Duncan as the greatest power foward to ever play this game. But IMO, KG is right up there with him.

/rant

great post...great points
props

Even though he won a chip for the celtics the guy did everything humanly possible to make the wolves what they are so I would say wolves

Back
Top Bottom