Time To Leave Verizon Wireless

Im out of contract and looking to bolt. Any ideas or opinions would be great. Maybe there is a thread.

Get a prepaid.

I have Straight Talk on ATT's network. I pay $48 a month for unlimited.

No drops, no overages. Nothing but nice service for a decent price.

Screw a contract and big brother companies. I don't roll with that anymore.

Ive always been very intrigued by Virgin mobile's iphone 5 $30 per month unlimited data and minutes.

they piggy back off of sprints network and ive heard service is decent as long as you are in/near a major metropolitan area.

...unless i was fed a line of bull
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Ive always been very intrigued by Virgin mobile's iphone 5 $30 per month unlimited data and minutes.

they piggy back off of sprints network and ive heard service is decent as long as you are in/near a major metropolitan area.

...unless i was fed a line of bull :\

most of the prepaids piggy back off a major carrier. Read the fine prints on them and make sure it fits your needs. Most of the prepaids though are 100% legit.

Get straight talk. Simple mobile etc. get unlocked Iphone or droid. Make a move. If u in baltimore I can get you a good discount on whatever phone u want. S4. iPhone 5. Note 2.

If you live in a major city do the prepaid route if not stay where you are call customer service and demand the $60 unlimited minutes/text 2GB plan

...unless i was fed a line of bull
ohwell.gif
Nope. I just bought a Iphone 4S from Virgin mobile. Ordered it last Sunday it showed up that Tuesday. Had it for a week now and have no problems with service. I have Wi-fi 

in my house so mainly on that majority of the time but when I am out and about I have on problems getting on instagram/FB/Twitter/Vine etc etc. Speeds are about

the same as Verizon 3G. No complaints. 
smokin.gif

Get a prepaid and see if it works in your home and everywhere you go for a week before you cancel vzw. I did the tmobile 30 dollar plan and the coverage was terrible for what I needed

Get a prepaid and see if it works in your home and everywhere you go for a week before you cancel vzw. I did the tmobile 30 dollar plan and the coverage was terrible for what I needed

I tried the tmobile 30 plan as well. I'm in philly so I have good coverage almost everywhere. After 2-3 months of it I realized I needed more than 100 minutes a month. I was going over within a week.

Straight Talk seems to have the best overall deal IMO.

I had AT&T (still do, just prepaid now) and was paying around $76 dollars a month with an iPhone 4S and that was with a 22% off company discount. Nothing was unlimited. Cancelled and now for $60 flat I get unlimited talk/text with 2 GB data.

If you live where they have metro pcs, you could buy a cheap phone and get unlimited everything for around 60 bucks a month.

Ive been thinking about that plan but had bad experience with tmobile in the past.

I had AT&T (still do, just prepaid now) and was paying around $76 dollars a month with an iPhone 4S and that was with a 22% off company discount. Nothing was unlimited. Cancelled and now for $60 flat I get unlimited talk/text with 2 GB data.
Im debating on moving to at&t. I do love my coverage but companies have just completely closed the gap at this point. That said, verizons rollout of phones leave alot to be desired. Plus the cdma vs gsm has me ready to go. Prepaid seems like a good option and thanks for the at&t tip.

I tried the tmobile 30 plan as well. I'm in philly so I have good coverage almost everywhere. After 2-3 months of it I realized I needed more than 100 minutes a month. I was going over within a week.

Straight Talk seems to have the best overall deal IMO.

yea free nights and weekends make a big diff in what I assumed I used, before I was only using 30 min a month and like 100 on nights and weeknds, but ironically the month I tried tmobile was te month I got a new car and I went over the 100 min 3 times.

Back
Top Bottom