Tips and tricks to memorizing?

I need to memorize some passage for class, but I am terrible at memorizing things.

Anyone have any tips or tricks?

it will take time, but write it out with your left hand (assuming your right handed)

other than that, pace and read out loud. its apparently scientifically proven that you memorize things better when walking.

Read out loud as if your teaching someone the information. Yeah walking and standing does help, strange...

i thought you were the same guys with those avys
smh.gif

Here you go......

Read a line outloud, cover the page, and see if you can repeat it outloud. And keep building up. But always start from the 1st line.

***IMPORTANT***

after you finish take a 30 min TV/ video game break

Then try to recite it. You'll forget some of it. Go back and do the first steps until you master it again.

There is short term and long term memory

You know that tip of the tongue feeling when you can't recall. That's because the info never entered your long-term memory

Once you re-learn the info it gets stored in your long term memory. And it's harder to forget. Good luck

correspond facts or wahtever it is you're memorizing with colors and or numbers. then during the test or whatever you said you're doing (i honestlydidn't read your post) you will be able to picture the exact paper you were studying off of with colors and or numbers. works wonders for me but only ifyou study well enough

Yeah, what i do is read a sentence over and over again and memorize that, start off slowly. then when you get that sentence down then go onto the next one andmemorize that one, then when thats down you say it all together, then go onto the the nextt and say it form the beginning, and when you get to the end iguarantee you will have memorized it.

just forget about it
roll.gif

no really, just recite the passage a few times and have someone quiz you on it.

Shakespeare is tough.

I would suggest you write down the passage as many times as you can (21?), until you can't do anything but remember it.

I'm assuming you have to remember it verbatim.

READ IT...and then READ IT AGAIN... then close your eyes and RECITE IT...then take a 90 minute nap..when you wake up its aLL in your head.

1. Read the first sentence
  2. Close your eyes and recite the sentence aloud
  3. Read the second sentence
  4. Close eyes and recite the 1st and 2nd sentence aloud etc. etc.
  5. Do this throughout the passage
  6. Recite the entire passage, eyes closed
I've taken Latin for three year so memorization is a must. This system helped me out a lot. I can memorize an entire paragraph in one sitting.

Back
Top Bottom