To sell or to keep...Collecting since 1991

Im 33 , MY first pair was the V back in 1990 when i was in the 5th grade , when in my 20's when i started buying just everything that jb threw out there . THEN LIFE CAME ALONG AND I HAD TO SELL OFF EVERYTHING TO MAKE $ FOR SOME MISTAKES IV MADE IN MY LIFE . Then when money started coming back in , I started buying again. this time tho . i got what was important to me . The classic og colorways , in the 5 6 7 and 13 . And i realize that this can never get old to me .
I dont think this has anything to do with growing up . old men spent 1000 of $ on there cars , motocycles and all the other !#** a guy can spend there money on , If you like or love something then age should not matter ...

Im 33 , MY first pair was the V back in 1990 when i was in the 5th grade , when in my 20's when i started buying just everything that jb threw out there . THEN LIFE CAME ALONG AND I HAD TO SELL OFF EVERYTHING TO MAKE $ FOR SOME MISTAKES IV MADE IN MY LIFE . Then when money started coming back in , I started buying again. this time tho . i got what was important to me . The classic og colorways , in the 5 6 7 and 13 . And i realize that this can never get old to me .
I dont think this has anything to do with growing up . old men spent 1000 of $ on there cars , motocycles and all the other !#** a guy can spend there money on , If you like or love something then age should not matter ...

i sold some of my favorite sneakers a couple years back and now i regret it but it was to help pay some bills off... i say keep what you gotta have, your grails, and sell the ones you can do without. you can trim your collection down to about 30 pairs and still have a very nice collection

i sold some of my favorite sneakers a couple years back and now i regret it but it was to help pay some bills off... i say keep what you gotta have, your grails, and sell the ones you can do without. you can trim your collection down to about 30 pairs and still have a very nice collection

I'm on the other end. I was in 8th grade when I got my first J's (the V's). I was hooked. I mowed lawns, painted houses, whatever it took to get another pair. Through college, I'd spend book/grocery money on them. Then I got graduated and got a grown up job. I bought a lot of shoes. Then we started having kids. Priorities change with kids. Every few years, I sold a few here and there to pay bills when things got tight. Now I only have ones that I've worn left. But I have to say, I only regret getting rid of my Jordan XI retros (space jam and concord). The rest not so much. I would say keep them and sell off as needed. But try to hold on to your favorites b/c even though eventually they'll be re-retroed, there's nothing saying that you'll have the funds to get them when they are.

Four kids and a mortgage later I can only live vicariously through this website. Hoping against hope that I'll have extra cash laying around when the XI's are retroed again that doesn't need to pay for swim lessons, soccer, basketball camp, a new roof, etc.

I'm on the other end. I was in 8th grade when I got my first J's (the V's). I was hooked. I mowed lawns, painted houses, whatever it took to get another pair. Through college, I'd spend book/grocery money on them. Then I got graduated and got a grown up job. I bought a lot of shoes. Then we started having kids. Priorities change with kids. Every few years, I sold a few here and there to pay bills when things got tight. Now I only have ones that I've worn left. But I have to say, I only regret getting rid of my Jordan XI retros (space jam and concord). The rest not so much. I would say keep them and sell off as needed. But try to hold on to your favorites b/c even though eventually they'll be re-retroed, there's nothing saying that you'll have the funds to get them when they are.

Four kids and a mortgage later I can only live vicariously through this website. Hoping against hope that I'll have extra cash laying around when the XI's are retroed again that doesn't need to pay for swim lessons, soccer, basketball camp, a new roof, etc.

I say keep only the ones that have a GREAT MEMORY or SENTIMENTAL VALUE to it. And the rest just let go, in 10....20....30 years from now those shoes wont be relevant. look at the current situation we live in. EVERYBODY is one day away from getting that 72 hour notice....notice they are getting laid off....baby on the way or whatever the situation. Not a matter of if just a matter or WHEN

I say keep only the ones that have a GREAT MEMORY or SENTIMENTAL VALUE to it. And the rest just let go, in 10....20....30 years from now those shoes wont be relevant. look at the current situation we live in. EVERYBODY is one day away from getting that 72 hour notice....notice they are getting laid off....baby on the way or whatever the situation. Not a matter of if just a matter or WHEN

Keep all the ones that are speacial to you lol he value of jordans have been knocked al the way down to the ground. before a lot of people didnt have money to buy jordans so they were really speacial to people, now every gets em because their friend has a pair.. all those kinds of things :tongue:

Keep all the ones that are speacial to you lol he value of jordans have been knocked al the way down to the ground. before a lot of people didnt have money to buy jordans so they were really speacial to people, now every gets em because their friend has a pair.. all those kinds of things :tongue:

I haven't been in the collecting game for as long (I'm 17 & started 3 years ago), but I've tried to sell a few pairs & find myself regretting it in the long run. If you think you can truly part with a few pairs, then the best of luck to you.

I haven't been in the collecting game for as long (I'm 17 & started 3 years ago), but I've tried to sell a few pairs & find myself regretting it in the long run. If you think you can truly part with a few pairs, then the best of luck to you.

i'm going to be 26 years old and i still have the same passion for Jordan like i had in 1994 i buy what i like not what the hype is. I can't see me selling any of kicks only because I bought them to have them not like the hypebeast that buys them exclusive colors only 1000 made and blah blah blah. I love to stick to my og colors retail price and that's it I find that much better than me than having a pair of sneaker that cost $20,000 for me only to look at them.

i'm going to be 26 years old and i still have the same passion for Jordan like i had in 1994 i buy what i like not what the hype is. I can't see me selling any of kicks only because I bought them to have them not like the hypebeast that buys them exclusive colors only 1000 made and blah blah blah. I love to stick to my og colors retail price and that's it I find that much better than me than having a pair of sneaker that cost $20,000 for me only to look at them.

Man i'm 25, single, no kids, good job and you better damn believe i'm still getting whatever jordans I want. I probably buy about 4 pairs of general releases a year, but when I come across a pair of older Jordans I want I don't hesitate at all to buy.

Man i'm 25, single, no kids, good job and you better damn believe i'm still getting whatever jordans I want. I probably buy about 4 pairs of general releases a year, but when I come across a pair of older Jordans I want I don't hesitate at all to buy.

I think you should keep what you have bro. Reading what you've written, it sounds like you were always really passionate about Jordan Brand and the footwear they produced in the early and late 90s and in the early '00s. And yes it does make sense to put your other priorities ahead of the klcks but as you move on, you'll definitely look back it and be glad that you kept your collection. The point in time when you were seriously collecting will forever be a special time in your life and it will bring a smile to your face whenever you see your collection. You'll immediately start to reminisce on the old days. Keep that collection dude.

I think you should keep what you have bro. Reading what you've written, it sounds like you were always really passionate about Jordan Brand and the footwear they produced in the early and late 90s and in the early '00s. And yes it does make sense to put your other priorities ahead of the klcks but as you move on, you'll definitely look back it and be glad that you kept your collection. The point in time when you were seriously collecting will forever be a special time in your life and it will bring a smile to your face whenever you see your collection. You'll immediately start to reminisce on the old days. Keep that collection dude.

Originally Posted by bigdaddyd23

My soon to be wife surprised me this past Christmas with some retro white/varsity red XIII's which I think is a good indication that she appreciates my love for my collection. It blew me away that she actually was able to find a colorway that I did not have without even asking me.

Jealous AF!!!

My wife complains every time I cop a new shoe. lol

Originally Posted by bigdaddyd23

My soon to be wife surprised me this past Christmas with some retro white/varsity red XIII's which I think is a good indication that she appreciates my love for my collection. It blew me away that she actually was able to find a colorway that I did not have without even asking me.

Jealous AF!!!

My wife complains every time I cop a new shoe. lol

DONT DO IT! I was in the same situation (to sell or not) a long while back and i decided to sell all the kicks i had. 70+ Jordans sold... And i regret every damn one. I let go of majority of em on here in the buy/sell and a lot to my friends, which most of them still have the shoes
mad.gif
. Im kickin myself now just because that was a part of me, still is. Have so many memories in school, workin my *** off, cuttin yards, doing whatever jobs i could find, just to be able to get to the mall every Saturday. Id never eat lunch just to save that money for shoes. But now... its like what was the point of all that if i was just gonna turn around and sell em. I regret it and im sure you would too.

DONT DO IT! I was in the same situation (to sell or not) a long while back and i decided to sell all the kicks i had. 70+ Jordans sold... And i regret every damn one. I let go of majority of em on here in the buy/sell and a lot to my friends, which most of them still have the shoes
mad.gif
. Im kickin myself now just because that was a part of me, still is. Have so many memories in school, workin my *** off, cuttin yards, doing whatever jobs i could find, just to be able to get to the mall every Saturday. Id never eat lunch just to save that money for shoes. But now... its like what was the point of all that if i was just gonna turn around and sell em. I regret it and im sure you would too.

Back
Top Bottom