To sell or to keep...Collecting since 1991

I would say if there are any that aren't that special sell those but hold onto any that have significance to you. I am at a spot now too that I will probly be done til the 11s come out around christmas time and then save for some that I really want that I've missed out on.

I would say if there are any that aren't that special sell those but hold onto any that have significance to you. I am at a spot now too that I will probly be done til the 11s come out around christmas time and then save for some that I really want that I've missed out on.

Pretty interesting topic. Holding onto the shoes is like holding onto memories so I would definitely keep the ones that mean the most to you. That's just my opinion. I'm in the younger generation but I admire the older guys who still show a love for sneakers. I don't think its childish at all. I think collecting sneakers is just as much of a hobby as fishing or golfing or collecting rocks. Different strokes for different folks...

Pretty interesting topic. Holding onto the shoes is like holding onto memories so I would definitely keep the ones that mean the most to you. That's just my opinion. I'm in the younger generation but I admire the older guys who still show a love for sneakers. I don't think its childish at all. I think collecting sneakers is just as much of a hobby as fishing or golfing or collecting rocks. Different strokes for different folks...

The best part of being into sneakers is you have a collection that you actually get to wear even as you get older. I just turned 26 and enjoy being able to buy retros of shoes I wanted so bad when I was younger and especially ones I did have. White/Red XIII's were my 8th grade bball shoe for example and I had to have them. I do have a perk of being a teacher that gets to wear jeans every Friday so I get to wear my shoes more than many working people.

The best part of being into sneakers is you have a collection that you actually get to wear even as you get older. I just turned 26 and enjoy being able to buy retros of shoes I wanted so bad when I was younger and especially ones I did have. White/Red XIII's were my 8th grade bball shoe for example and I had to have them. I do have a perk of being a teacher that gets to wear jeans every Friday so I get to wear my shoes more than many working people.

i would sell my collection, and find a new calling. U still have your memories and that's all that matters

i would sell my collection, and find a new calling. U still have your memories and that's all that matters

I'm in a similar situation except my collection peaked at about 65 pairs which is down to about 50 now..  Started collecting in 2001 with the True Blue 3's, then soon after the Blk/Red XI came out and I was hooked..  I got into collecting with a friend so it became a fun but expensive hobby.  I was buying nearly every retro to come out over the next few years until about 2006.  Being from Chicago,  I can always remember the hype over Jordans and people getting killed over a pair of shoes.. It is nice to be reminded of my childhood (im 25 now) from just a pair of shoes..  However, I have just lost the lust and the amount of fakes and everything else going on has just ruined the fun..

To make a long story short...  My plan is to keep a solid collection of the I - XXIII  (I'm missing a couple), sell off the rest and be done with it..  It has been a fun time and I wouldnt have it any other way, although I wish I could have some of the money back from some of the pairs I impulsively bought.. I'm sure I'll buy a few pairs here and there down the road

I'm in a similar situation except my collection peaked at about 65 pairs which is down to about 50 now..  Started collecting in 2001 with the True Blue 3's, then soon after the Blk/Red XI came out and I was hooked..  I got into collecting with a friend so it became a fun but expensive hobby.  I was buying nearly every retro to come out over the next few years until about 2006.  Being from Chicago,  I can always remember the hype over Jordans and people getting killed over a pair of shoes.. It is nice to be reminded of my childhood (im 25 now) from just a pair of shoes..  However, I have just lost the lust and the amount of fakes and everything else going on has just ruined the fun..

To make a long story short...  My plan is to keep a solid collection of the I - XXIII  (I'm missing a couple), sell off the rest and be done with it..  It has been a fun time and I wouldnt have it any other way, although I wish I could have some of the money back from some of the pairs I impulsively bought.. I'm sure I'll buy a few pairs here and there down the road

If you feel you need to sell your shoes than do it. Do what right and put your family first. This is a hobby for most of us, and its hard to walk away from something that you have dedicated yourself to.
You now have priorties you must fullfill.

If you feel you need to sell your shoes than do it. Do what right and put your family first. This is a hobby for most of us, and its hard to walk away from something that you have dedicated yourself to.
You now have priorties you must fullfill.

Keep the grails sell the rest. Seems like you have enjoyed collecting through out the years which is what I liked to hear. Best wishes with w/e you do with em and congratulations on your marriage
tongue.gif

Keep the grails sell the rest. Seems like you have enjoyed collecting through out the years which is what I liked to hear. Best wishes with w/e you do with em and congratulations on your marriage
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I would say keep your top 25... that still ranks you as a "collector", and I'm sure you can narrow down to 25

I agree.  Top 25

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I would say keep your top 25... that still ranks you as a "collector", and I'm sure you can narrow down to 25

I agree.  Top 25

Back
Top Bottom