Too much love for the Warriors?

Originally Posted by RunStyles

i dont get why people hate on bandwagoners for sports teams... wouldnt you want more fans rooting for your team? its all love in my opinon. look at all the kids on here on that nike/ streetwear band wagon.

not necessarily. I would want people who have been there since day one. Through the glory days AND through the sorry days. Not just when things were goodand they were all the talk but also when no one gave them a chance. Same can be said about lakers fans. I've been a lakers fan my entire life, I'm only20 but still, I grew up on the lakers. Now with the Gasol trade and all that, people are all over the lakers. I bet if kobe ever gets traded, we would losethousands of fans. I think the same can be said with warriors fans and baron and maybe even jackson. If barnes doesnt sign next year, there goes all yourfemale support.

Originally Posted by RunStyles

i dont get why people hate on bandwagoners for sports teams... wouldnt you want more fans rooting for your team? its all love in my opinon. look at all the kids on here on that nike/ streetwear band wagon.

So you like the fact that everyone wears the nike/streetwear and dresses the same?

That girl's myspace is exactly what i'm talking about
roll.gif

Welcome to Professional Sports Entertainment. Of course you'll see an influx of newbies once the team starts doing well and begin to get pub and cred onmajor broadcasts/newspapers. It's the way of the world! If you're not winning you're not part of the conversation.
As for me, I've been with them ever since that fateful inaugural lottery system implementation in '85 when we were DEAD LAST and were assured the no. 1pick had it not gone into effect. That was the year Patrick Ewing could've been ours but we wound up with the 7th pick! As fate would have it, weselected St. John's finest player, Chris Mullin which would serve as the backbone for RunTMC with Mitch Richmond and Timmy Hardaway! Now THAT was a greattime out!
peace
ps. Don't forget, Billy Owens, Victor Alexander, Ed Nealy, Jud Buschler, Manut Bol, Mark Price, David Wood.....you get the picture!
laugh.gif

pss. AND, lets not forget the worst trade in NBA history when we traded Robert Parish and our first round draft pick (Kevin McHale) for Joe Barry Carroll andEric 'Sleepy' Floyd. Basically, two-thirds of the Boston Celtic dynasty front line for two bigger scrubs....way to go!

Miteemark, I don't mind that you and the majority dress the same. It makes me feel and look more unique about the way I dress in the area I am from andstate college I go to.

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

Welcome to Professional Sports Entertainment. Of course you'll see an influx of newbies once the team starts doing well and begin to get pub and cred on major broadcasts/newspapers. It's the way of the world! If you're not winning you're not part of the conversation.
As for me, I've been with them ever since that fateful inaugural lottery system implementation in '85 when we were DEAD LAST and were assured the no. 1 pick had it not gone into effect. That was the year Patrick Ewing could've been ours but we wound up with the 7th pick! As fate would have it, we selected St. John's finest player, Chris Mullin which would serve as the backbone for RunTMC with Mitch Richmond and Timmy Hardaway! Now THAT was a great time out!
peace
ps. Don't forget, Billy Owens, Victor Alexander, Ed Nealy, Jud Buschler, Manut Bol, Mark Price, David Wood.....you get the picture!
laugh.gif

pss. AND, lets not forget the worst trade in NBA history when we traded Robert Parish and our first round draft pick (Kevin McHale) for Joe Barry Carroll and Eric 'Sleepy' Floyd. Basically, two-thirds of the Boston Celtic dynasty front line for two bigger scrubs....way to go!

damn you must be in your 40s to remember all that

it comes with the territory.

Remember when the giants made their post season run? everyone and their mommas was rockin giants gear and didn't know a lick about baseball or the giants.

imagine the drop of female fans when the warriors don't re-sign BARNES! hahaha.

Originally Posted by suckafreerey

it comes with the territory.

Remember when the giants made their post season run? everyone and their mommas was rockin giants gear and didn't know a lick about baseball or the giants.

imagine the drop of female fans when the warriors don't re-sign BARNES! hahaha.

yea w t f is the association with barnes and females? i took my homegirl to the game last sat cuz she wanted to watch barnes play. she likes his tats andshe told me after the game when we were drunk that she was gettin aroused when she was watching him play... *****

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

yea w t f is the association with barnes and females? i took my homegirl to the game last sat cuz she wanted to watch barnes play. she likes his tats and she told me after the game when we were drunk that she was gettin aroused when she was watching him play... *****
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
but yeah, it's ridiculous. I swear, every time they say barnes' name...it follows with a loud scream from all the females. lol

i love that the warriors got their fan base back, who cares if most of them are bandwagon jumpers. i havent seen a fanbase like this since the late 80'searly 90's

barnes has the badest female.

he stays around my way, and i was getting a swisher at the gas station and i turned around and he came in and was getting 2. I said what's good and we bothjust looked at each other buying swishers and gave the 'i know whats up' look. Any ways he left the door of his escalade wide open and the badest whitegirl was in the passenger seat.

Man, i DEFINITELY agree with the thread starter. Soooo many annoying PHONY fans. STRAIGHT up hypebeasts. Only reason they +*@$@!! with the Warriors isbecause they are the "cool" thing at the moment.

While i do know a couple of females who TRULY appreciate the game of basketball and the Warriors squad, i know WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more phony female fans whocould give a damn about the Warriors and only watch them cause of "sexy man" aka Matt Barnes. It was pretty
laugh.gif
and
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
at the same time when i went to the game this year and sat next to these two girls and right when Matt Barnes checked in, they got all excited andgoes, "ooooh there goes Sexy Man."

Also, it irritates the HELL outta me when i know people who've NEVER watched just ONE Warrior game in their ENTIRE lives and all of a sudden act like theybeen supporting the team ever since by buying Warrior gear now, etc. when they couldn't name more than three people on the squad a year ago.

And YES, ticket prices are crazy now. Me and my cousin were JUST talking about how before we used to get lower bowl for HELLA cheap.

OH and the MOST important reason why i'm FURIOUS
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
was because i didn't get my We Believe Tee cause of all these damn Bandwagonfans. And HOW do i know they're bandwagon fans? Because i KNOW some who got a Tee.

its all barons fault
Yep...that was pretty much the stepping stone to this Bandwagon phenomenon. Wasn't NO ONE around my way watching Warrior games cept for likeTHREE people that i knew before Baron came to town. Me and my homie Sricarcha(sp) Hot Sauce on NT used to always say, "damn, sucks we dont know that manybasketball fans." Now ALL of a sudden we got everyone calling us asking us to go to the Warrior game with them.

Originally Posted by MiteeMark

I started watching warriors games during the spring of my 8th grade year back in 2003? Yeah.

Sorry threadstarter but you've only been a Warrior fan 5 yrs? What gives you the right to call out new or bandwagon fans when your basically a newWarriors fan?

Those past 5yrs weren't even as bad as the 13yrs during which my adolescent and teens yrs passed w/o the W's making the playoffs. And trust megrowing up, diehard Warrior fans my age were few and far between. I'm approaching my mid 20s and there were only 2 ppl I knew growing up that repped theW's as hard as I did back then. You have to remember they had alot of great teams in the 90s including a player named Michael Jordan, kids back then didnot rep the Warriors.

So I'm glad the W's fans rep harder than ever, bandwagon or not. Realize that the Warriors ARE the only basketball team in the Bay Area, theydon't have to compete for Bay Area bragging rights like the A's or Giants, 49er or Raiders. The Warriors rep the whole damn bay.

EAGLE 0N wrote:
Sorry threadstarter but you've only been a Warrior fan 5 yrs? What gives you the right to call out new or bandwagon fans when your basically a new Warriors fan?

Those past 5yrs weren't even as bad as the 13yrs during which my adolescent and teens yrs passed w/o the W's making the playoffs.

I'm approaching my mid 20s

So wouldn't you say that we've both started watching this team at the same age? I mean i was ending middle school and entering high schoolwhen i started following this team and you must have been close to those terms, right? I would believe that you and i were probably weren't interested inbasketball when we were in elementary/middle school. So i can't obviously compete with your years of loyalty because i'm just 19.

I'm just trying to say that those five years i've been a fan is something these new fans won't have to face for years to come because they startedwatching when the team wins. I mean five years of a being a fan is better than the fans of post 2007 playoffs.

"Now ALL of a sudden we got everyone calling us asking us to go to the Warrior game with them."

Haha i just got a text from a girl who wants to go to a game just last night.
roll.gif
This girl who asked me has never even watched a single game in high school and all of a sudden she wants to go?

And for some reason reminiscing about those old line-ups, my favorite player was Speedy and Cardinal
laugh.gif
or when last year when the team would blow out a team and we would shout"WE WANT FOYLE!" at the last few minutes at the game.

Originally Posted by MiteeMark

So wouldn't you say that we've both started watching this team at the same age? I mean i was ending middle school and entering high school when i started following this team and you must have been close to those terms, right? I would believe that you and i were probably weren't interested in basketball when we were in elementary/middle school. So i can't obviously compete with your years of loyalty because i'm just 19.

Honestly, I've had basketball hoop in my backyard since I was in 1st grade. Tim Hardaway was my favorite basketball player in 4th grade and i'vetried to emulate his killer crossover ever since, to no avail
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong I get what your saying, nor do I question your alliegance to the Warriors. I'm just saying its easy to call ppl out for beingfans now because they weren't repping (x) number of yrs ago. You have to start somewhere and its the easiest when times are good and everyone's a fan.Appericate it right now, alot of Warrior fans jumped ship when Webber was first traded and it got real bad when the Kings almost made the finals.
Of course there are going to be alot of fairweather fans, so when this incarnation of the W's hits the fan or suffers a heartbreaking setback, willsome of today's fans be there? Probably not, but if you or anybody can remain loyal and still belive in your team it makes you feel even prouder when yourteam bounces back.

Then you can call out ppl who jump ship
laugh.gif

It's just not fair when you've been a fan since '92 and the only opportunity to go to a playoff game goes to someone who never watched basketballin their lives. I don't care of bandwagon fans. The true fans have always stayed through thick or thin. Of course it was hard to endure the trade for TimHardaway for Bimbo Coles and Kevin Wilis, along with the Vince Carter and Jamison trade...Who could forget drafting Todd Fuller and Adonal Foyle over TracyMcGrady and Kobe Bryant...But Gary St. Jean, was still a terrible GM. The late 90's the Warriors had become the home of retiring players and upcomingplayers in the league...I was juiced when the Warriors had BJ Armstrong and Mark Price...But they never did anything. I was a big fan of Gilbert Arenas when hewas in Arizona and I knew that he was going to make a name for himself in this league...and he did. Warriors are getting the right love they deserve, even if50% of the people cheering are bandwagon fans. Hey, I am in Sacramento and I guarantee you that all these Kings fans are cheering for the team by the bay. Ifpeople don't know the Warrior history and are fans of the J-Rich era, then so be it. There will always be die-hard Warrior fans. Always.

Don't forget to add Jerome Kersey, Sam Mack, and Bill Curley to the Warriors history.

Bill Curley was hilarious, he doesn't even look like a basketball player at all. Vonteego Cummings was nice...well only cuz of his first name. Mookieplaying golf=
indifferent.gif
. Honestly back in the day (even before the days of J-Rich) I used to get so stoked when we went on a 3-4 game winning streak. I remember thisdude Mark Davis supposedly being a decent prospect and when Marc Jackson was one of our best players
laugh.gif

... I wish games were still on KICU
frown.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Then you can call out ppl who jump ship
laugh.gif

Then i'll make another post in a couple of years saying "What happened to all the Warrior fans?"
roll.gif

frown.gif

Those were the good(or bad) Ole days. I think i still have some games actually from KICU on tape as well as some old Wayans Brosepisodes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OneTrust

frown.gif
Those were the good(or bad) Ole days. I think i still have some games actually from KICU on tape as well as some old Wayans Bros episodes.
laugh.gif

Man, KICU days bringing back memories... bad memories of us losing, but memories nonetheless.

WHO CARES!

go Warriors. I'm only upset about ticket prices, but I'm still getting my money's worth every time. most entertaining team in the NBA to watch.

Back
Top Bottom