Too much love for the Warriors?

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by MiteeMark

I started watching warriors games during the spring of my 8th grade year back in 2003? Yeah.

Sorry threadstarter but you've only been a Warrior fan 5 yrs? What gives you the right to call out new or bandwagon fans when your basically a new Warriors fan?

Those past 5yrs weren't even as bad as the 13yrs during which my adolescent and teens yrs passed w/o the W's making the playoffs. And trust me growing up, diehard Warrior fans my age were few and far between. I'm approaching my mid 20s and there were only 2 ppl I knew growing up that repped the W's as hard as I did back then. You have to remember they had alot of great teams in the 90s including a player named Michael Jordan, kids back then did not rep the Warriors.

So I'm glad the W's fans rep harder than ever, bandwagon or not. Realize that the Warriors ARE the only basketball team in the Bay Area, they don't have to compete for Bay Area bragging rights like the A's or Giants, 49er or Raiders. The Warriors rep the whole damn bay.
HE QUESTIONED YOUR FANHOOD

I find it quite hilarious that people are in this thread crying over people nut riding their team. Just shut up and enjoy anotherspecial moment in Bay Area Hoops history. Everyone isn't old enough to remember Run TMC, or Billy Owens or Sarunas Marciulonis out there balling back inthose 90s but at least Mullin is bringing that special brand of basketball back and in very entertaining fashion. It brings that high school feel back towatching NBA games, thats what its really about. An undersized team out there hooping every nite, having to play as a team to win. It doesn't get muchbetter!

roll.gif
@ yall hypebeast!! WHO CARES. I been a fan since 95' when Joe Smithgot drafted (Yes a bust I know but still my one of my favorite player) If it wasnt for these hypebeast Warriors fan, our arena probably wouldnt be one of theloudest if not the BEST. TNT and ESPN always give us credit for having the best fanbase.

For you guys beefing about free tickets. WHO CARES! they were free for a reason. The team suck and they needed to fill seats. Would you guys rather have freetickets to see us get blown out or pay a few bucks to see us win?

I been through it all. All the BAD first round picks (todd fuller. haha i didnt see that name in any of the other post) but im always willing to see new peoplecheer for us. jay say it best when he say "they have to start somewhere".

We had drama when we suck and now we're having drama when we're doing good. If you wanna talk about the Warriors, you should make a "Why Baron gotscrewed for All Star" post.

I've been a true warrior fan through thick and thin, and it's been a whole lot of thin.....regardless of that - there is always going to be bandwagonjumpers and hypocrites of the warriors....I think the bay area folks want something to latch on to and associate themselves with and the warriors happen to bevery convenient now....true warrior fans celebrate with each other..........

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

It's just not fair when you've been a fan since '92 and the only opportunity to go to a playoff game goes to someone who never watched basketball in their lives. I don't care of bandwagon fans. The true fans have always stayed through thick or thin. Of course it was hard to endure the trade for Tim Hardaway for Bimbo Coles and Kevin Wilis, along with the Vince Carter and Jamison trade...Who could forget drafting Todd Fuller and Adonal Foyle over Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant...But Gary St. Jean, was still a terrible GM. The late 90's the Warriors had become the home of retiring players and upcoming players in the league...I was juiced when the Warriors had BJ Armstrong and Mark Price...But they never did anything. I was a big fan of Gilbert Arenas when he was in Arizona and I knew that he was going to make a name for himself in this league...and he did. Warriors are getting the right love they deserve, even if 50% of the people cheering are bandwagon fans. Hey, I am in Sacramento and I guarantee you that all these Kings fans are cheering for the team by the bay. If people don't know the Warrior history and are fans of the J-Rich era, then so be it. There will always be die-hard Warrior fans. Always.

Don't forget to add Jerome Kersey, Sam Mack, and Bill Curley to the Warriors history.

Todd Fuller was mentioned. Thank you. Joe Smith was a terrible player for the Warriors, I had an autograph card of his...

And as for fan base, the Warriors always had a strong fan base that has stayed true.

LiveMyReality wrote:

I along with the Vince Carter and Jamison trade...Who could forget drafting Todd Fuller and Adonal Foyle over Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant...But Gary St. Jean, was still a terrible GM.

Must of miss that. As for predicting the future with these picks, who knew? I dont agree with the warriors drafting Fuller and Foyle but I understand fromtheir position drafting somebody that has made a name for themselves in college. If Warriors can predict 5 years ahead, no doubt they would draft theseplayers. As for Jamison, he was the better player coming out of North Carolina. I thought what made Carter better than Jamison was because he had more playingtime in Toronto and also Jamison was hurt alot.

As for the guy that made the post, did you only become a warriors fan because j-rich won the dunk contest? if so does that make u a bandwagon?

ghettochi7d23 wrote:

As for the guy that made the post, did you only become a warriors fan because j-rich won the dunk contest? if so does that make u a bandwagon?

No. I became a fan when i was flipping through the channels and saw that the Warriors were playing. Didn't even know who J-Rich was when i watched thatgame
laugh.gif
Watching those games made me actually started playing some pick upgames at the park. So no i'm not a Warriors fan because Richardson was a Slam Dunk Champion.

The problem w/ all these new bandwagon hoppers is they're only in it when the team is winning. But when the going gets bad...

Case in point: I know this one chick, three years ago couldn't get her to go to a Warriors game for nothin.

"Umm, no thanks. I'm gonna go out and party."

Now, when 7pm hits on game night:

"It's gametime! Yay, Matt Barnes (of all people, he only plays 10 lousy minutes)."

The other night against Boston, she was goin hard, glued to the TV and talking %@$# like she been a fan since the Joe Barry Carroll days. As soon as they wentdown by 10 points around the half, she switched up and went out w/ her friends. Of course, they end up winning the game. LOL

If you're gonna be a fan, you gotta stay thru the ups and downs. I've been rollin with the Lakers since they had Magic and Byron the backcourt. I wasalso rollin with them when Van Exel and Sedale Threatt were back there.

Rolled with the A's when Bash Brothers were there, rolled with them when Troy Neel and Eric Fox were running the show in the mid-90s. And will roll withthem this season which is sure to be a long one.

Rolled with the Niners in the 80s, rollin with the weak %@% Niners of the 2000s.

Because Barnes is a the "light-skinned thug." I'm glad my GF doesn't find him attractive but my other friends do. Yet I lose because my GF isin love with Andris Biedrins. Darnit.

man on facebook seriously there are like 10 ppl i didn't know even followed basketball or were laker fans in the past that now have a profile pic of themin oracle..
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
. it's just cool now to rep the warriors...

Because Barnes is a the "light-skinned thug." I'm glad my GF doesn't find him attractive but my other friends do. Yet I lose because my GF is in love with Andris Biedrins. Darnit.

haha this reminds me for one of the game i attended...it was either the home opener or the grizzlies game.

Anyways, so i was standing where the players come in and out to sign things. I see this girl hella eyeing biedrins and starts telling her homegirl to giveher the poster as biedrins is about to head back to the locker room. He starts signing for everyone, then gets to hers. He chucks at the poster(forgot what wason it)...THEN the chick straight up confesses her love for him.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
She was saying how..she even called KNBR to tell everyone howhot he is and that they would be perfect together. Andris was trying soo hard not to look at her it was funny. Then as a last step of desperation, she goes"well, can i have your number at least?"
roll.gif
laugh.gif
No avail.

hope your lady ain't that "in love" with him
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Because Barnes is a the "light-skinned thug." I'm glad my GF doesn't find him attractive but my other friends do. Yet I lose because my GF is in love with Andris Biedrins. Darnit.

haha this reminds me for one of the game i attended...it was either the home opener or the grizzlies game.

Anyways, so i was standing where the players come in and out to sign things. I see this girl hella eyeing biedrins and starts telling her homegirl to give her the poster as biedrins is about to head back to the locker room. He starts signing for everyone, then gets to hers. He chucks at the poster(forgot what was on it)...THEN the chick straight up confesses her love for him.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
She was saying how..she even called KNBR to tell everyone how hot he is and that they would be perfect together. Andris was trying soo hard not to look at her it was funny. Then as a last step of desperation, she goes "well, can i have your number at least?"
roll.gif
laugh.gif
No avail.

hope your lady ain't that "in love" with him
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

HAHA. No she knows better. And she hates the fact I listen to KNBR 90% of the time I am behind the wheel.

haha ima say it again like ive said it before..

THE NEW WARRIOR FANS ARE SACRAMENTO KINGS FAN REJECTS

You guys were cheering for the kings back in 00-01... now that they flopped you jump on the next one..

GO LAKERS

Originally Posted by JLsAUDIO

You guys were cheering for the kings back in 00-01... now that they flopped you jump on the next one..

GO LAKERS

indifferent.gif
WRONG

I'm glad my GF doesn't find him attractive but my other friends do. Yet I lose because my GF is in love with Andris Biedrins. Darnit.
Que? Since when does your face have a GF? Unless that means good friend, then ok I gotcha.

And as for fan base, the Warriors always had a strong fan base that has stayed true.
Bull dookie. The entire Bay Area has the most pathetic fans, all franchises included. Maybe the Sharks are the only exception. When teams arewinning, fans are interested. When teams suck, nothing. Warriors are the hot ticket now so everyone talkin bout em; 4-5 years ago they were hot garbage andtickets were super easy to get. Same goes for the A's, Giants, 49ers, and Raiders. Sure, you got your die hards, but the majority of this "fanbase" is far from strong.

Originally Posted by JLsAUDIO

GO LAKERS

Are you stupid or something?

Originally Posted by truthmain

I'm glad my GF doesn't find him attractive but my other friends do. Yet I lose because my GF is in love with Andris Biedrins. Darnit.
Que? Since when does your face have a GF? Unless that means good friend, then ok I gotcha.

Bull dookie. The entire Bay Area has the most pathetic fans, all franchises included. Maybe the Sharks are the only exception. When teams are winning, fans are interested. When teams suck, nothing. Warriors are the hot ticket now so everyone talkin bout em; 4-5 years ago they were hot garbage and tickets were super easy to get. Same goes for the A's, Giants, 49ers, and Raiders. Sure, you got your die hards, but the majority of this "fan base" is far from strong.

niners and raiders fans are still pretty strong

trust me on this

i dont keep up with baseball though so i dont know

Bull dookie. The entire Bay Area has the most pathetic fans, all franchises included. Maybe the Sharks are the only exception. When teams are winning, fans are interested. When teams suck, nothing. Warriors are the hot ticket now so everyone talkin bout em; 4-5 years ago they were hot garbage and tickets were super easy to get. Same goes for the A's, Giants, 49ers, and Raiders. Sure, you got your die hards, but the majority of this "fan base" is far from strong.

BS, u must not be from here, even though the warriors were a sorry !%#$ team, fans STILL came out, the arena wasnt sold out every night but a damn goodamount of people would fill the arena for a sorry !%#$ team. Niners have ALWAYS had a big fan base even these losing seasons, why do u think they stillbroadcast niner games here, unlike the raiders who get blacked out? The bay has a great fan base, and since this is our only basketball team, EVERYONE fromthe bay cheers for them.

It's true truthmain...This face has a GF. Go cheer for your Cubs and Kings.
tongue.gif

BS, u must not be from here, even though the warriors were a sorry !%#$ team, fans STILL came out, the arena wasnt sold out every night but a damn good amount of people would fill the arena for a sorry !%#$ team. Niners have ALWAYS had a big fan base even these losing seasons, why do u think they still broadcast niner games here, unlike the raiders who get blacked out? The bay has a great fan base, and since this is our only basketball team, EVERYONE from the bay cheers for them.

Naw dude, lived here for over 20 years now. Been to Warrior games, A's games, Giant's games, and 49er games. If your teams aren't doing well,people don't show up; simple as that. Of course the Arena wasn't empty for Warrior games, but trust me they were far from packed or sold out. Back then you could walk up an hour before tip-off and buyer lower level seats. And sure Niners have had a big fan base (when they were winning),but not lately. Again, you can walk up an hour before kick-off and cop some tickets. That's Raider-status to me. And, from what I've observedanyway, the majority of fans who go to Niner games are there for the other time (Go Vikes!!).

I've travelled a bit, watched games at other stadiums, and the Bay seriously doesn't have an appreciation for its sports teams; they're almost asbad as LA. I'm likely not talking about anyone on NT since you guys seem die-hard, even if only a couple years, but overall the Bay would rather ridebikes and smoke weed and talk about love and peace before checking out any sporting event. I thought yall would have gotten this by now.

Who the hell are you to decide which fans are real fans?? I swear to god A LOT of these Kings fans are mad salty as of last year.
I've stuck and will always stick to my teams through thick and thin. Warriors, Giants, and Niners

Back
Top Bottom