Trying to prove my friend that marijuana is not addictive.

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

i would say it isn't...i quit for about 2 months awhile ago b/c i thought my job was gonna drug test me..i did just fine..didn't feel a urge to smoke

im not addicted..but i do like being high
pimp.gif

check the sig
nerd.gif
..we're accepting members
Im down(or up in this case)
pimp.gif

I used to smoke multiple times a day, everyday for pry about 1-2 years. I quit b/c my girlfriend, now wife never knew about it for the first year we were dating. She didn't like it, and I made the choice to quit for her.

Do I miss the feeling, very much so, but would I smoke again? No, not unless she said it was ok. I've had the convo with her as to why I feel it isn't bad, and actually better than cigs, and even alcohol. I wouldn't drink another drop if I could smoke. But I don't have that choice.

I haven't smoked in around 6-7 years now. I'm around people that do, and it doesn't bother me that they smoke in front of me.

It's all about how much of a crutch you make things. It's all about Will power.

I thought it was whenever you keep craving it. Example... McDonalds is so addicting so people keep going back to em.

Originally Posted by bonde111

I used to smoke multiple times a day, everyday for pry about 1-2 years. I quit b/c my girlfriend, now wife never knew about it for the first year we were dating. She didn't like it, and I made the choice to quit for her.

Do I miss the feeling, very much so, but would I smoke again? No, not unless she said it was ok. I've had the convo with her as to why I feel it isn't bad, and actually better than cigs, and even alcohol. I wouldn't drink another drop if I could smoke. But I don't have that choice.

I haven't smoked in around 6-7 years now. I'm around people that do, and it doesn't bother me that they smoke in front of me.

It's all about how much of a crutch you make things. It's all about Will power.
How old were you when you had to quit? That's a very mature decision. But I can see your girl was a greater compliment in your life.

I was 20 when this took place. It really wasn't much of a decision, b/c it turned out to be totally worth it, since she is now my wife.

If things wouldn't have worked out between us, I would possibly still be smoking. More b/c I enjoyed it, than I NEEDED it.

Are you trying to justify that if ciggarettes did not have nicotine, it would not cause death?

_______PLEASE

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

i would say it isn't...i quit for about 2 months awhile ago b/c i thought my job was gonna drug test me..i did just fine..didn't feel a urge to smoke

im not addicted..but i do like being high
pimp.gif

check the sig
nerd.gif
..we're accepting members
count me in
pimp.gif

zooted right now
pimp.gif

anybody wanting the sig..just copy and paste mine..you can add your own little message underneath it if you want
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

hate to gravedig but
Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by TeemOhtee

its IS addictive..

but you CANT quit it, trust me. i tried
eyes.gif
I smoked practically everyday sinceI was a sophmore in HS and just completely quit a day after Igraduated.  That was 9 years ago and I have no urge to ever do itagain  It can be done if you really want to.
mh6ayv.jpg

i'm 2 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day clean. i wonder how long this will last.

it's addicting
but you still have be carefull with it
not let the effects control your actions
also it has to do with the type of person you are

In my opinion, marijuana is about as addictive as caffeine, probably less. I've come to the conclusion that much of society is clueless as to the true harm involved with weed. I'm currently in a court recommended Narcotic's Anonymous program that is intended to show me the potential dangers of my drug use (I got a paraphernalia charge last year). If anything, it's has a negative impact on my alleged "problem." Attendees are inculcated with the message that they are inflicted with a disease called addiction, which they are powerless to overcome. Moreover, to be free from this insidious epidemic, they must abstain from the use of any everything that could produce even the slightest intoxicating effect. While this may be true for some, in stragglers like myself I think it has the potential to harm one's store of will power. If you think you can't resist a substance, especially a mildly addictive one like maryj, you already lost. I look forward to the day where tree burners won't be grouped with hardcore coke/crack heads.

The only incidents of people having withdrawal symptoms associated with marijuana are from people who have used heavily and for well over a decade, usually multiple decades. Even then the emotional and physical pain is mild compared to withdrawals from other recreational drugs and the symptoms are mild even in comparison to withdrawals associated with caffeine, alcohol and nicotine.

The biggest cost associated with cannabis is by far the cost imposed by social stigmas, prejudices if you will, against its consumption. It is not the only harm but efforts by law enforcement to get people to quit and by employers who discriminate against people who use marijuana outside of work hours cause much, much more harm then any health risks associated with the consumption of cannabis.

Smoking pot frequently is associated with laziness, an unwillingness to improve one's self and a lack of motivation but in most cases the cause and effect are confused, people smoke a lot of pot because they are lazy and want to enhance the experience of not getting off of the couch. There are lots of people who smoke pot and then get out and surf, hike, socialize and who have full times jobs so it really seems like marijuana doe snot turn ambitious and hard working people into bums.

Back
Top Bottom