Turns out the new Mustang wasn't that great after all.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by The R0yal Family

Should've got da Mustang
that IS a mustang
laugh.gif

I believe hes mocking you

laugh.gif

I'm a pretty big fan of Fords, but there's no doubt this is completely unacceptable. FoMoCo has been on a positive role lately, so they better stop dragging their feet and get this fixed quick or all the progress they've made will be for naught. Ford made a good decision working with Getrag, but then outsourcing the assembly to China was an epic blunder. No disrespect to the Chinese, but the quality of automobiles and parts coming from China is terrible, not that anyone didn't already know this.

I'm a pretty big fan of Fords, but there's no doubt this is completely unacceptable. FoMoCo has been on a positive role lately, so they better stop dragging their feet and get this fixed quick or all the progress they've made will be for naught. Ford made a good decision working with Getrag, but then outsourcing the assembly to China was an epic blunder. No disrespect to the Chinese, but the quality of automobiles and parts coming from China is terrible, not that anyone didn't already know this.

american cars = no. mustang is garbage. in my experiences, mustangs cant handle in the rain well, let alone snow...
now german cars (ex. VW, BMW, Porshe, Benz, Audi) =
pimp.gif

cant beat the handling of german cars IMO.

american cars = no. mustang is garbage. in my experiences, mustangs cant handle in the rain well, let alone snow...
now german cars (ex. VW, BMW, Porshe, Benz, Audi) =
pimp.gif

cant beat the handling of german cars IMO.

This is actually the reason I didn't get the new 5.0 a few months ago.

The auto is solid but I just can't do an auto anymore on a "fun".

It will get fixed tho. I don't know why they didn't throw in a T-56 in too.

And the GT-500 used a TR-6060

This is actually the reason I didn't get the new 5.0 a few months ago.

The auto is solid but I just can't do an auto anymore on a "fun".

It will get fixed tho. I don't know why they didn't throw in a T-56 in too.

And the GT-500 used a TR-6060

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by moneymike88

most japanese cars are transaxel systems, which aren't all that either.

most japanese cars also have V4 engines, right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have this ++@!$@! friend I must have told 15 times by now that 4 cylinders are inline but he just wont get it
Most 4 cylinder motors are inline, but a V4 does indeed exist.  It's just not very common in automotive applications.  Curiously enough, the one company that seems to have dabbled the most in V4 motors is Ford, and one of their V4 motors was placed in a rather important (and pertinent to this conversation) concept car, the 1962 Ford Mustang I.  Ford's British Essex V4 was used in vehicles such as the Capri Mk I, Granada Mk I, Zephyr Mk IV, and the Transit, while their German Taunus V4 was found in the Consul and Granada, as well as Saab's 95, 96, and Sonnett.  Lancia also produced V4 motors for classics like the Lambda and Fulvia.  Nowadays though, the V4 is most-commonly found on motorcycles.  As far as I know, there are no current production cars, trucks, vans, or SUVs using a V4 motor, but that doesn't mean it will never return.  Remember how the turbocharger almost went extinct, but now it's suddenly in high demand again.  

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by moneymike88

most japanese cars are transaxel systems, which aren't all that either.

most japanese cars also have V4 engines, right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have this ++@!$@! friend I must have told 15 times by now that 4 cylinders are inline but he just wont get it
Most 4 cylinder motors are inline, but a V4 does indeed exist.  It's just not very common in automotive applications.  Curiously enough, the one company that seems to have dabbled the most in V4 motors is Ford, and one of their V4 motors was placed in a rather important (and pertinent to this conversation) concept car, the 1962 Ford Mustang I.  Ford's British Essex V4 was used in vehicles such as the Capri Mk I, Granada Mk I, Zephyr Mk IV, and the Transit, while their German Taunus V4 was found in the Consul and Granada, as well as Saab's 95, 96, and Sonnett.  Lancia also produced V4 motors for classics like the Lambda and Fulvia.  Nowadays though, the V4 is most-commonly found on motorcycles.  As far as I know, there are no current production cars, trucks, vans, or SUVs using a V4 motor, but that doesn't mean it will never return.  Remember how the turbocharger almost went extinct, but now it's suddenly in high demand again.  

Back
Top Bottom