Turns out the new Mustang wasn't that great after all.

well, it is a ford we talkin about right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

WELP, we can finally lay to rest all those GT>M3 talks....
M3s beeen better than the GT. People just misinterpret the motortrend article.  They were just tryna say that the GT is a BIG performance bang for your buck.  In terms of overall quality of course the M3 is going  to be way better.

I dont see this hurting the mustangs overall sales too much.  I mean toyotas had problems with their brakes a couple years ago and theyre still doing fine.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

WELP, we can finally lay to rest all those GT>M3 talks....
M3s beeen better than the GT. People just misinterpret the motortrend article.  They were just tryna say that the GT is a BIG performance bang for your buck.  In terms of overall quality of course the M3 is going  to be way better.

I dont see this hurting the mustangs overall sales too much.  I mean toyotas had problems with their brakes a couple years ago and theyre still doing fine.

PLVN wrote:
wren32 wrote:
Find me a 2011 Chevy that acts up like that... Ill wait

wut  
well Chevy has addressed the problem and is saying bring it in well fix it. I would much rather have to replace a steering column at Chevy's cost than to have to replace a ****** twice. Ford wont even acknowledge the problem.

PLVN wrote:
wren32 wrote:
Find me a 2011 Chevy that acts up like that... Ill wait

wut  
well Chevy has addressed the problem and is saying bring it in well fix it. I would much rather have to replace a steering column at Chevy's cost than to have to replace a ****** twice. Ford wont even acknowledge the problem.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

I'll just stick to my 92 87 5.0.

this.

old school muscle >>>>*

87-93 5.0 Foxbody Mustangs are all from the same generation.
indifferent.gif

The only big differences were the different models LX, GT, Notchback. 
Also in 93 Ford used hyperpathetic pistons instead of forged.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

I'll just stick to my 92 87 5.0.

this.

old school muscle >>>>*

87-93 5.0 Foxbody Mustangs are all from the same generation.
indifferent.gif

The only big differences were the different models LX, GT, Notchback. 
Also in 93 Ford used hyperpathetic pistons instead of forged.

5.0>>>>your fav car

quit hating on the stang. cars have problems, it happens.

5.0>>>>your fav car

Originally Posted by Zyzz

5.0>>>>your fav car

True to both statements.

What people need to realize that it is a mostly new model (same ol stang with LOTS of new tech). They are using the same transmissions as before but the problem might lie in the fact they are mating them with completely different engines. New engines/models take time to iron out the creases. Thats why when you see old muscle cars being sold on auction blocks the desireable models tend to be mid-generation or late generation cars because by then the problems or glitches have been figured out.

If you need any further example, see nissan GTR.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

5.0>>>>your fav car

True to both statements.

What people need to realize that it is a mostly new model (same ol stang with LOTS of new tech). They are using the same transmissions as before but the problem might lie in the fact they are mating them with completely different engines. New engines/models take time to iron out the creases. Thats why when you see old muscle cars being sold on auction blocks the desireable models tend to be mid-generation or late generation cars because by then the problems or glitches have been figured out.

If you need any further example, see nissan GTR.

Back
Top Bottom