Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

It's tough because their parents were probably out working which is why they were dolo walking round the city with a taser to begin with.

But as a 90's baby who caught that last 10 years where it was cool to beat your kids, my parents definitely put fear into me and scared me with the consequences of prison or death (or being homeless :lol:) for tomfoolery to where even when I was on my shenanigans I knew my limit :lol:.

You can't blame them for the kids up and deciding to do this but you definitely can attribute their lack of understanding of this situation to the parents. Just my opinion as a young ***** who don't have kids tho.

Even on a "kid" level, the most trenched out savage young ***** will tell you it's a crash dummy move to try and take a car broad daylight downtown DC with hella white people around, recording and screaming and ****. Big Crazy Fools! :lol:

If y'all think 13 and 15 year old's think rationally and weigh the consequences of their decisions then idk what to tell you. That little girl asking for her phone after wrecking a car, almost dying, and killing a man should tell you all you need to know about where kids are cognitively.

No I'm not saying they shouldn't be held accountable.

You can't blame them for the kids up and deciding to do this but you definitely can attribute their lack of understanding of this situation to the parents. Just my opinion as a young ***** who don't have kids tho.
Are children's actions always a direct reflection of their level of "understanding" (knowledge of) a situation? Not at all.

There is NO WAY we can assume what their parents taught them. Just basing it off the kids' actions is DANGEROUS.

Imagine a world where parents are actually charged for the crimes of their kids. Nah man. That is wild.

Again, kids that "know better" often times don't "do better."

That is a characteristic of a child.

RIP to that man.

Ive noticed a trend of Uber users taking advatange of uber drivers that are immigrants/new to the country. ****s weak AF.

Extends to those in other service jobs. Ie fast food workers.

RIP. They need the book thrown at them. Charge them as adults.

As for the blaming the parents talk. I’ll reserve judgement either way until we find out more about the parents, or maybe parent if they grew up in single parent households. You got parents who do everything for their kids. Try to teach them right from wrong etc and the kids still go astray. Be it the people they hang out with. Social media influence etc. You also have some parents who enable their kids behavior by getting mad at anyone else whenever their kids act up, be it their kids teachers or any adult with a role like that.

With my oldest son. I always drilled into him, don’t do stupid stuff and don’t give into peer pressure. That person you or your friends may think is an easy target and want to mess with may be packing and ends up blasting your *** over something totally avoidable. And the person who popped you would be totally in the right in that situation. You can’t play Billy bad *** then when you try the wrong person start crying “but I’m just a kid”.

Yeah you can get in trouble with the law which is bad as well. But if you mess with the wrong person, that can backfire badly and now you’re in a totally avoidable situation because you wanted to be stupid.

Not sure how much of it he actually listened to, but he never got in trouble like that aside from occasionally goofing around in high school, thank goodness.

I’m surprised to see this local story getting such national attention. One of the kids was previously arrested for carjacking and DC attorneys office combined with the courts system just did a slap on the wrist......which is why carjackings are on the rise in DC. This happened right at Washington Nationals ball park where folks were getting tested for COVID.

In situations like this generally speaking the parents or lack of good parenting is often to blame. A lot of parents simply take no interest in their children’s life.....and often if they are arrested they don’t take that as a sign to invest more quality time in their children’s life. I’m also surprised to see the harsh tone towards the 2 girls in here......not that I’m against some of the comments that have been said. I just thought NT would be a bit more lenient for whatever reason for 2 young black girls.

RIP. They need the book thrown at them. Charge them as adults.

As for the blaming the parents talk. I’ll reserve judgement either way until we find out more about the parents, or maybe parent if they grew up in single parent households. You got parents who do everything for their kids. Try to teach them right from wrong etc and the kids still go astray. Be it the people they hang out with. Social media influence etc. You also have some parents who enable their kids behavior by getting mad at anyone else whenever their kids act up, be it their kids teachers or any adult with a role like that.

With my oldest son. I always drilled into him, don’t do stupid stuff and don’t give into peer pressure. That person you or your friends may think is an easy target and want to mess with may be packing and ends up blasting your *** over something totally avoidable. And the person who popped you would be totally in the right in that situation. You can’t play Billy bad *** then when you try the wrong person start crying “but I’m just a kid”.

Yeah you can get in trouble with the law which is bad as well. But if you mess with the wrong person, that can backfire badly and now you’re in a totally avoidable situation because you wanted to be stupid.

Not sure how much of it he actually listened to, but he never got in trouble like that aside from occasionally goofing around in high school, thank goodness.

I mean no harm but what do you mean by "Throw the book"

I mean no harm but what do you mean by "Throw the book"

Charged with the most severe possible punishment they can get for their age. Someone died directly as a result of their stupidity.

If they stole the guys car and he didn’t die, punish them, but do so in a way to where rehabilitating them and getting them to turn their lives around is the ultimate goal. That should be the ultimate goal here too, as more likely than not, they’ll be out within a few years at most. But they need more than just a slap on the wrist given what they did.

Could be, but I’m gonna go with the parents just being **** as more likely....it’s ok for kids to do bad things while unsupervised, we’ve all been there, grew up in a single parent household and spent plenty days after school in latch key being the last kid picked up because mom could never make it on time....still she found a way to teach me some common sense....these girls literally had none, not even one bit and from what I hear don’t even show any remorse for the life they took....just lock them away and throw away the key....imagine your loved one being taken in such a senseless way....damn.
Not true at all. Plenty of parents working multiple jobs just to keep a roof over the kids head and teaching them right from wrong, but there are outside influences. Don't get me wrong, some parents are trash, but it's difficult to make that distinction right off bat.

These 2 animals need to be locked up for life. I don't care what age they are. They took a mans life. No sympathy or empathy from me.

I'm curious if anyone saw Sleepers and believed those characters should have stayed locked up for life.

Can't get down with someone under 18 getting a life sentence.

Way too much more life to live for a CHILD.

I don’t know about life in jail. But it needs to be a more severe punishment than them turning 18 and just resuming their lives as business as usual. At the very least, whatever punishment they end up with, the end result needs to have them being legit remorseful for what they did, and in a position to change their lives for the better upon being released.

It was an absolute joke when Ethan Couch (16 year old ‘affluenza’ kid) got a slap on the wrist when him driving drunk killed a few people and seriously injured the others. Obviously his family was rich and white so there was minimal punishment. I doubt he was planning to crash and kill people that night, but ultimately he did, and he should’ve had a lengthy jail sentence regardless if he was a minor.

He’s messed up and violated the terms of his probation numerous times ever since. His crackhead mother enabled him and took him to go hide in Mexico so he wouldn’t get arrested on one of the occasions.

Remember the thick *** barrier between passengers and the driver in cabs?

That's why.

The entire Uber/ridesharing story arc is only going to end up with cabs with an automated dispatching system instead, which is what that tech should've been in the first place.
Big tech companies so greedy, created a whole business model based off stealing poor peoples gas and depreciation on their vehicles just to sell data and analytics for another business theyre working on....
Dude should have let them take off with the car. Too many cameras around for them not to get caught. These possessions aren't worth a life man. Sad situation. rip

I'm curious if anyone saw Sleepers and believed those characters should have stayed locked up for life.

I know this is a weird movie to have as my favorite movie but it was the first movie I remember watching that had a deep emotional reaction. I definitely was too young when I first watched it but it got me into movies. The better question is, should their prents have been locked up for life too for what they did

Back
Top Bottom