Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

So those opposing them getting life and triee as adults, what do you think they should get?

I don't think non healthcare folks know what to do in this situation. They should really really teach basic life support starting from grade school. Those dudes in the military gear, if they were actually military SHOULD have known better. :smh:
Can you elaborate on what should be done in a situation like this, i would like to know and not trying to be funny for asking just like to be informed thx you

Can you elaborate on what should be done in a situation like this, i would like to know and not trying to be funny for asking just like to be informed thx you

Basic life support. Essentially the same thing that would be done initially if someone collapsed in the hospital. Even if dude appeared lifeless and had no pulse,, there is a lot that could have been done at the scene to potentially save his life depending on the extent of his injuries.

AlgorithmBLS_Adult_200624.jpg

Would definitely recommend more people get BLS certified. You don't have to be a healthcare provider. It's very simple and is only a few hours of classroom time.

Dq
AlgorithmBLS_Adult_200624.jpg

Would definitely recommend more people get BLS certified. You don't have to be a healthcare provider. It's very simple and is only a few hours of classroom time.

man aint nobody tryna take that course on their spare time unless they are forced to :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's why I think it should just be integrated into our precollege curriculum in grade school, middle school, and high school so it becomes second nature. Instead of learning about nothing but STDs in health class, add this to the curriculum.

An AED isn't everywhere but it is in more public places than people think but CPR until help gets there can save so many lives even in seemingly dire situations.

From a legal standpoint, what is the worst possible outcome for a "regular person" trying to revive someone in need and "further injury" takes place?

I come in ignorance. Comparison Ford Comparison Ford
I'm not the best person to ask that question to. Chest compressions tend to result in broken ribs though, which is kind of irrelevant if you're already dead.

BLS is beneficial because it gives you a set protocol to follow while teaching you how to properly perform chest compressions and rescue breaths.

I want to say good samaritans are protected from legal retribution though.

The callousness with which the girls handled the situation after the fact was troubling. If that was my family member laying there dead and I saw their reaction I would definitely want those girls removed from general society immediately.

same goes for me. If they had concern or regret for what happened, I’d be cool with trying them as juveniles. But nah, clearly a phone was more important than a human life. I don’t want to hear anything about “oh we’ve all done stupid things as kids” as if most of us didn’t have a basic sense of human compassion built into us. I’ve stolen food as a kid here and there, but I never did anything that could’ve put someone’s life and/or job at risk. Clearly a life being lost isn’t serious to them, so they deserve a serious punishment IMO

Last edited:
If you’re a kid and you’re scamming, selling drugs, robbing people or whatever foolishness you’re partaking in. Age and being a kid should come into play and the goal ultimately should be to help the kid and try to steer them in the right direction before it’s too late. Those crimes, while they have a victim, the damage caused is ultimately repairable.

But when someone’s life Is taken as a direct result of a crime you committed. The punishment should be harsh. That man is never going to live again. People lost a parent and loved one because of this. They weren’t trying to kill the man, but him dying was a possibility if the robbery went wrong. Same way those girls potentially getting shot and killed had they tried the wrong driver and got a driver who was strapped was a possibility also.

Hopefully they ultimately show sincere remorse. Not just being upset because they're getting in trouble. But they should be punished harshly too given the circumstances of what they did. If that man didn’t die, go easy on them. But that all goes out the window when someone died as a result of your actions.

If you’re a kid and you’re scamming, selling drugs, robbing people or whatever foolishness you’re partaking in. Age and being a kid should come into play and the goal ultimately should be to help the kid and try to steer them in the right direction before it’s too late. Those crimes, while they have a victim, the damage caused is ultimately repairable.

But when someone’s life Is taken as a direct result of a crime you committed. The punishment should be harsh. That man is never going to live again. People lost a parent and loved one because of this. They weren’t trying to kill the man, but him dying was a possibility if the robbery went wrong. Same way those girls potentially getting shot and killed had they tried the wrong driver and got a driver who was strapped was a possibility also.

Hopefully they ultimately show sincere remorse. Not just being upset because they're getting in trouble. But they should be punished harshly too given the circumstances of what they did. If that man didn’t die, go easy on them. But that all goes out the window when someone died as a result of your actions.
deuce king deuce king posted earlier in this thread that 1 of the girls got caught for carjacking before and was let off with a slap on the wrist

The U.S. puts more people in prison than any other developed country, for less than this. So I wouldn't say there is a "lack of accountability"......unless you're the police.
There's lack of accountability with dire consequences in The World for sure but even more so with Americas punitive approaches toward shaping social behavior. That's the catch 22 about this place. Trouble is easy to get into, hard to get out of. Almost like it's a trap to get you in these places was the plan while we look the other way while the youth entertainment culture sells petty criminal behavior as a lifestyle.

deuce king deuce king posted earlier in this thread that 1 of the girls got caught for carjacking before and was let off with a slap on the wrist

I wasn’t aware of that. It doesn’t change what just happened. But that should absolutely be factored in the equation with her punishment.

I don’t want to veer off topic. But the juvenile court system is trash. A lot of times you get one extreme. Lock them up and throw away the key with minimal attempt to actually rehabilitate. The other extreme is a slap on the wrist with minimal following up after sentencing.

When I say go easy on them. I mean something along the lines of getting kids into programs, some type of community related stuff and something that would actually have a positive impact on a troubled kid. Just giving them probation and a few hours community service with minimal follow up on changing their behavior doesn’t do anything.

And I’m not saying go easy on these girls in case anyone takes that go easy on them part out of context.

obvsiouly theft was the motive, but the intent to cause harm at any cost was there and those consequences have to be faced now
Yeah, if I were the victim's family I don't want to hear about those kids possibly being rehabilitated or not serving life behind bars. Bring that guy back to life or go back in time to stop themselves then I'd listen.

Are children's actions always a direct reflection of their level of "understanding" (knowledge of) a situation? Not at all.

There is NO WAY we can assume what their parents taught them. Just basing it off the kids' actions is DANGEROUS.

Imagine a world where parents are actually charged for the crimes of their kids. Nah man. That is wild.

Again, kids that "know better" often times don't "do better."

That is a characteristic of a child.

I don’t think the parents should be charged but at the same time if your kid isn’t scared of tryna rob someone’s car broad daylight around a bunch of nervous screaming white people (because not having “that talk” is part of ones lack of apprehension to this) wit cameras on you...what ARE they scared of and what have you instilled in them besides chicken nuggets and fruit gushers :lol:

So those opposing them getting life and triee as adults, what do you think they should get?

they should be monitored and kept outside of regular society until at least 18-20 if not 25. After that call an audible at that age based on who they’ve been since.

The knee jerk reactions that they should die old women in prison bc of something that likely stems from upbringing is OD but at the same time that video is gruesome.

can’t really be mad at whatever that judge decides.

Back
Top Bottom