University Blue "UNCements" Jordan IV 4/28/21 $200 Finish Line is Trash

wondering if a trip down to the local mall might be worthwhile to see if i can scoop up any unclaimed pairs...

decided that my time was better spent working out/exercising, but... i really want these so reaching out to the fam for advice because i've never copped in-store.
- i don't have any footsites accts or apps. why? the ROI for me just isn't there to jump thru all their hoops (FLX, headstarts, points, site queues BS).
- it's been SNKRS or bust for me. i miss and move on.
- except for when i've only broken my "don't buy resell" rule twice - 2016 iv white cement & kaws iv black (had to have these 4s)

i'm really considering resell, but will wait until next week to see how prices react to shipping arriving. realistically, what's my chances of scoring these thru an unclaimed pair or late shipment at one of the in-store footsites? how does this work? do i just call and hope whoever picks up is either: in a good mood? being truthful? not backdooring?

thanks for any advice!

My local FNL is on BS acting like they can't release any information about retros and that they have to reraffle them. I know this is BS because they just offered Wolfman a pair of 1s from a late shipment. I'm sure the employees are backdooring all the stock.

decided that my time was better spent working out/exercising, but... i really want these so reaching out to the fam for advice because i've never copped in-store.
- i don't have any footsites accts or apps. why? the ROI for me just isn't there to jump thru all their hoops (FLX, headstarts, points, site queues BS).
- it's been SNKRS or bust for me. i miss and move on.
- except for when i've only broken my "don't buy resell" rule twice - 2016 iv white cement & kaws iv black (had to have these 4s)

i'm really considering resell, but will wait until next week to see how prices react to shipping arriving. realistically, what's my chances of scoring these thru an unclaimed pair or late shipment at one of the in-store footsites? how does this work? do i just call and hope whoever picks up is either: in a good mood? being truthful? not backdooring?

thanks for any advice!

With the amount of money you would have to spend to get enough points to hit you're better off paying resell, or just passing on the shoe all together.

It’s always retail or bust for me
I’ve already moved on
I’m not paying a penny over retail

Facts! Way too many shoes to be paying resell.... it’s fine to to be fret and be upset but paying double/triple or whatever amount for kicks IMO is just crazy!

Another thing is that you never know but you know lol that there will be the inevitable restock for ANY GR JORDANS!

Shoot even Colabs have restocks man.... you just have to have luck like always to hit on em!

Seen a local resellers ig page. He has around 3 full size runs, my mind was blown because he's brave enough to broadcast it to the world. He wants $425.00 a pair. I looked at his ig page for about 30 minutes last night. It basically put everything in perspective on why alot of us have had issues on just buying a pair to wear daily. Seems like the resellers are much more brave with showing everybody their stock picks after the initial release.

Damn, and here I am just happy with my one pair. Twitter is the absolute worst with that kinda stuff too. Resellers commenting back to people like they just made more than that other person makes in a month. And why work a 9-5 when you can be a reseller making that much money in one day. Stuff like that is so cringey.

That’s when you know they broke boys, just ignore em toxic af resellers bro, let them have their win this week lol and lay off soc media for a bit if it’s getting you down bro... not good for mental health JS...

Screenshot_20210429-133735_Outlook.jpg
Screenshot_20210429-133808_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20210429-133640_Outlook.jpg

Truly the worst. Honestly not a single GR shoe coming out this year I even want.

I want a second pair and I was making offers yesterday. All of them were getting turned down, now those same sellers are in my inbox saying they would take my offers from yesterday.

😂😂😂

Nope. Next week I should be able to get my second pair at 320 to 350 shipped. If I wasn't a size 15 it would be less.

thanks for all the replies/feedback RE: if i should go pound the pavement in search of these. (hint: i'm not)
  • going to save myself from getting all twisted and triggered from dealing with the footsites. seems like e'one has concluded that footsites with all their BS raffles, points, app/site queues can suck a big fat D
  • going to see where resell pricing is at next week. i'm also a retail or bust guy and have only broken that rule twice for my grails. by the time next week rolls around, the sting of missing these will be also winding down so i'll probably not be as motivated
  • restocks DO happen and i have been fortunate to pick up some pairs (FR4, Bred XI) i've missed thru the 2nd chance and jordan reserves that pop up on snkrs and honestly i'd rather keep my spending $ going into snkrs that might help prop up my CLV score towards draws, EAs
good looking out fam! much appreciated!

My local FNL is on BS acting like they can't release any information about retros and that they have to reraffle them. I know this is BS because they just offered Wolfman a pair of 1s from a late shipment. I'm sure the employees are backdooring all the stock.
Damn sorry to hear,my experience with my local FinishLine has been nothing but a blessing lately,I’m always buying clothes or something there and when I’m about to checkout I’ll ask em about restock/raffles and they seem honest considering I got a pair UNC 1 from a restock after I asked.

Went to pick up a pair from the unclaimed numbers today from the mall, things getting real shady. Stores claiming that they’re doing paper ticket raffles, we all know what that means.

My left shoe came with this thing? Straight from the sweat shop. Finish line pair
2ABE7A02-2F36-46DB-9A40-A34F8799BC43.png

Attachments

• F7C2E6F7-B1B4-4B17-B412-BF83D5DBA5E7.jpeg
    F7C2E6F7-B1B4-4B17-B412-BF83D5DBA5E7.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
FE2FAD6B-9C9D-439A-8451-BC1E5722C1E9.jpeg
FinishLine raffle W...Today’s sneaker climate is impossible to get a pair of any GR.I remember my bro,cousin and I went to the mall when the Toro 4s dropped.I got 2 pairs,he got 2 pairs and my cousin got 1 WITH EASE! Early birds got the worms.Not anymore,those days are dead.Thankful I got at least 1 pair of these cuz this was the last release I was after.Good luck to the rest out there that want these

Back
Top Bottom