UPS Package Handler?

U WILL BE GOIN HARD FOR MINIMUM WAGE
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

laugh.gif
true... getting my work out on and getting paid for it...
thats killing 2 birds with one stone.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

laugh.gif
true... getting my work out on and getting paid for it...
thats killing 2 birds with one stone.

Been there almost 5 years. to answer your question, yes if u get the job you are pretty much there permanently unless you miss days during your probationary period which is 3 months or basically til January 1st.. They keep everyone after their seasonal time is up as long as they like you. I would venture to say if you have a legit reason to miss during probation they would still keep you, my boy missed his WHOLE second week after he was hired lol and they kept him fine. The work is cake after you adjust to it. If you're in it for tuition reimbursement it is fine, they like students.

Been there almost 5 years. to answer your question, yes if u get the job you are pretty much there permanently unless you miss days during your probationary period which is 3 months or basically til January 1st.. They keep everyone after their seasonal time is up as long as they like you. I would venture to say if you have a legit reason to miss during probation they would still keep you, my boy missed his WHOLE second week after he was hired lol and they kept him fine. The work is cake after you adjust to it. If you're in it for tuition reimbursement it is fine, they like students.

some of ya'll dudes is ******* 
laugh.gif
.. ol' "9 pushups, my strengths gone by the 10th one type of dudes"...it's hardly slave labor and not even that hard...boring if anything
...i've been there for about 4 years now...pay ain't nothing to brag about starting off but you get full insurance (for you and your fam), if you're in school you can get re-imbursed some of your pay and moving up can be pretty good, plus you're only working about 4 hours a day...most drivers start out between 60k-80k depending on how much OT you put in, but u have to work your way up

Pretty much. I've worked with dudes like this my whole life. Some people are just straight lazy. The older folk at my job are always complaining about how our generation just wants a quick buck for little work.

some of ya'll dudes is ******* 
laugh.gif
.. ol' "9 pushups, my strengths gone by the 10th one type of dudes"...it's hardly slave labor and not even that hard...boring if anything
...i've been there for about 4 years now...pay ain't nothing to brag about starting off but you get full insurance (for you and your fam), if you're in school you can get re-imbursed some of your pay and moving up can be pretty good, plus you're only working about 4 hours a day...most drivers start out between 60k-80k depending on how much OT you put in, but u have to work your way up

Pretty much. I've worked with dudes like this my whole life. Some people are just straight lazy. The older folk at my job are always complaining about how our generation just wants a quick buck for little work.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

Don't even matter to me they won't hire felons 
mad.gif
but no one else will either so good luck..I'm prolly the only person they havent hired
laugh.gif
x2

won't even bother applying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pushak513

Don't even matter to me they won't hire felons 
mad.gif
but no one else will either so good luck..I'm prolly the only person they havent hired
laugh.gif
x2

won't even bother applying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoFarGone510

I got a tour/interview on thurs...anyone kno what kinda questions to expect?

I went on one these tours while I applied there. The most they will ask is what shift are you applying for. After that, they will explain to you what you will be doing, showing you benefits they offer depending on the shift you applied and show you around the facility. At most it should take 2 hours. 

Originally Posted by SoFarGone510

I got a tour/interview on thurs...anyone kno what kinda questions to expect?

I went on one these tours while I applied there. The most they will ask is what shift are you applying for. After that, they will explain to you what you will be doing, showing you benefits they offer depending on the shift you applied and show you around the facility. At most it should take 2 hours. 

Damn, there are a lot of girly men in here. THIS is "hard" work? Quitting after 6 weeks? Lasting a month?
laugh.gif
Oh man. America is heading toward full outsourcing and immigrant workers rebuilding this country.

Damn, there are a lot of girly men in here. THIS is "hard" work? Quitting after 6 weeks? Lasting a month?
laugh.gif
Oh man. America is heading toward full outsourcing and immigrant workers rebuilding this country.

I lasted a month. Crap pay and crap hours. I worked from midnight to like 4 or 5 (part-time). I had 3 huge trucks that I had to load by myself (could fit a long body car in there). After a while you get a hang of things but I wasn't getting enough money for that crap since I was part-time. I asked about full-time hours but they weren't trying to give it up so I said F it and quit. My experience is bad I guess because of the part-time hours, plus still being required to be with the union bs, and transportation.

I lasted a month. Crap pay and crap hours. I worked from midnight to like 4 or 5 (part-time). I had 3 huge trucks that I had to load by myself (could fit a long body car in there). After a while you get a hang of things but I wasn't getting enough money for that crap since I was part-time. I asked about full-time hours but they weren't trying to give it up so I said F it and quit. My experience is bad I guess because of the part-time hours, plus still being required to be with the union bs, and transportation.

UPS is what you make it. Personally, in my particular situation, i LOVE UPS while in there on certain days. I work in a large hub on a sort aisle, and believe me there is EVERY type of Character one could imagine up there. Its like NT at work. One of my boys thats there that attends School of the Arts full time always jokingly says when he makes it big as a director he will develop a sitcom based on us.. Its full of LOLS ALL DAY.

but i could see how alot of people hate it. I've been there for quite some time. The new pay structure sucks, and you wait a year for benefits now. To any of those that are thinking about working there i will say this:If you can make it past the first year, you are GOOD. Now its not even about the work to me, my days only suck if i get in doors with sucky people.

UPS is what you make it. Personally, in my particular situation, i LOVE UPS while in there on certain days. I work in a large hub on a sort aisle, and believe me there is EVERY type of Character one could imagine up there. Its like NT at work. One of my boys thats there that attends School of the Arts full time always jokingly says when he makes it big as a director he will develop a sitcom based on us.. Its full of LOLS ALL DAY.

but i could see how alot of people hate it. I've been there for quite some time. The new pay structure sucks, and you wait a year for benefits now. To any of those that are thinking about working there i will say this:If you can make it past the first year, you are GOOD. Now its not even about the work to me, my days only suck if i get in doors with sucky people.

Back
Top Bottom