USE laptop wifi for computer with no wifi device

sladewilson

Banned
is it possible to connect to wifi if i connect my computer from the laptop using ethernet cord

• LAPTOP is connected to WIFI
  • COMPUTER is not connected
  • Computer has no wireless connection
  1. can i use an ethernet cable going from computer to LAPTOP to connect to wireless ?
wifih.jpg

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Aren't you in IT?
nerd.gif
yes im IT , last week i had my own apartment i had a 60 mb down 1 mb up , wired connection , now im back living with my sister ,  i live upstairs on the 3rd floor i need internet on my PC and i dont want to be running a 60 foot ethernet cable up an down stairs, i had a usb wireless device i gave it to the 1 handed guy at work

Control Panel

Network and Internet

Network and Sharing Center

Click your connection next to "Connections"

Click Properties

Click the sharing tab

Click both boxes

Click the settings button

Click all of those boxes

Now set up the connection on your desktop ,and your set.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Control Panel

Network and Internet

Click Properties

Click the sharing tab

Click both boxes

Click all of those boxes

Yup.

Just to add a little, I figured this out and use it to bridge to my xbox 360, saved myself from buying that crappy wireless adapter.

Works great too.

Only thing is OP, if you are going to download something big, remember to put the sleep mode to "never"

Damn aren't you like a sys admin or some !%$$? I may be wrong. But yeah you can, crossover cable and windows internet connection sharing.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Damn aren't you like a sys admin or some !%$$? I may be wrong. But yeah you can, crossover cable and windows internet connection sharing.

ive dont internet connection sharing before back in 2000 windows xp and at work we use routers we dont go wireless way cause its not safe

Originally Posted by MECKS

Control Panel

Network and Internet

Click Properties

Click the sharing tab

Click both boxes

Click all of those boxes

the connection is not there, theres only wired ethernet connection , wireless 2 and wireless 3

its there bro, you just have to know which one is the one your trying to share, disable the other ones

Back
Top Bottom