Usher Raymond - Confessions - What made it so great?

To be honest, I had the album and all but I guess I was under a rock when it came out (i'm a junior in college now) and it seems like I had no idea it wasselling that well in the states alone...

Why do you think that album is so damn good?

for one, I can say that its one of the few albums I can just play out...

the CD is just fire.

It had hype after yeah got big, then burn kept the fire going(no pun), everybody was on it by time confessions dropped, then my boo had that fall ballad lovetype feel to it...perfect singles.

Not to meantion he had my boo on the re-release so people that wanted that had to buy it again. I don't agree with doing this, but it was smart and worked.

Then when people bought the CD, what were you skipping?
intro...
maybe the confessions and superstar intro
what else?
I skip yeah when I listen to it now depending on my mood, but that's it(and the confessions pt. 2 remix on the re-release)

How many CD's can you think of that you listen to all the way through? A 21 track CD at that.

and as far as sells go, back then people were still buying CD's.

I think you might've been talking about the actual songs though and not sales, but I gotta get back to my paper so I'll update later, my bad.

Flawless production (esp. Terry Lewis and Jimmy Jam) and the fact that Ush actually got talent.

simple things
pimp.gif

For me it was the realness of the album. When it came out I could relate to damn near everything he was talking about. It still gets rotation even now causeit's that cold.

It was a CD of straight HOT FIRE

from track 1-17 it was songs that knocked there was not one song u changed on cause all of them knocked.

Flawless production, realness of the CD and the fact that it was Usher also helped it.

Basically what everyone else has said

This CD stayed in my disc changer for i think about 2 years
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

You kidding me? Do you know how much fire is on there?

Yeah
Confessions Pt 2
Burn
Caught Up
Superstar
My Boo
Confessions Pt 2 Remix
etc

he did WORK on that album

You forgot Throwback. Just Blaze wrecked that joint.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

You kidding me? Do you know how much fire is on there?

Yeah
Confessions Pt 2
Burn
Caught Up
Superstar
My Boo
Confessions Pt 2 Remix
etc

he did WORK on that album

You forgot Throwback. Just Blaze wrecked that joint.

"That's What It's Made For" was hot too... My favorite album...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

For me it was the realness of the album. When it came out I could relate to damn near everything he was talking about. It still gets rotation even now cause it's that cold.
And thats what he said about it himself.

Not saying that it wasn't great because it was. One of his best imo. But a lot of it was the speculation about the songs. He was dating Chili and everyonethought he was cheating on her and got some other girl pregnant just because of Confessions and just had to go buy the album to hear it for themselves.
laugh.gif
Although, it wasn't true.

pimp.gif

I remember this album dropping in my final year @ High School. Album was hella great...

YO! On some half way $!!+% #$$!... I got kinda starry eyed the first time I listened to "Superstar".
smh.gif
Like, I wanted to call ol girl before thejoint was over... just to talk to her
grin.gif
DF!!!

I don't like the album to be honest. I dig the singles he dropped for it but outside of those and "Throwback" I wasn't feeling it.

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

THROWBACK
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
AND FOLLOW ME
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Two of my favorite cuts from the cd. The entire cd was hot. I remembered everyone had the cd from cats who tried to act real hard and throwin up setsto middleaged people. Not to mention how good the orignal album cover was and how the title confessions tied in with the symbolism of him sitting in a catholicconfessional. And just last week I was at a Alpha party and they played Superstar at the very end to just kind of ease the mood since it was the end of theparty and their trying to get everyone to assemble out the venue peacefully.

Other notable cuts include Do it to Me and Seduction

Too many bangers on that album..if you don't see the greatness of it, you prolly never will to be honest my dude. I thought it was rediculous upon 1stlisten.

Throwback
Superstar
Seduction

Those are nearly flawless
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom