Video from my trip to Oahu, Hawaii

Originally Posted by PUREADDICT

Originally Posted by Mr K

Haha!....love it!...my trip is in less than a month and I swear this is exactly what I wanted to do, except I wanted to dedicate the video to our baby (whenever she/he comes) since this will be our honeymoon....buying a couple of gopros just for this vacation as I feel is the only camera that lets you capture this in such a personal level....good *$*# bro...what software did you use to edit?
Congrats on the honeymoon in Oahu. 
For the GoPro make sure you have a bunch of attachments too like headbands, suctions cups, etc. Don't lose the GoPro though, people were losing them because they'd get hit too hard by the waves, so what I'd do is double tie it on your wrist with a boogie board leash.
I used Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 for the whole thing.

thanks for this valuable piece of info, never thought a wave would cause me to lose my gopro, id go ape !%*$.....lol im buying two, one for my wife to hold and one ill hold, ill be making a similar thread to this in the future...lol
ill be keeping in touch with this for things to do, ill be in Oahu for 3 days and flying to Maui for 8 then headed back to the mainland.....hope is enough time.
laugh.gif

watching this made me miss being in Oahu last summer, need to go back asap.
nice video OP, that view from diamond head
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thewestcoast

That Diamond Head hike was all good till you get to that tunnel thats made for 4 ft people smh.

I loved Hawaii, hate the ABC store, and the women...wow!

We need an NT hawaii summit

Forreal though I swear there were 5 ABC stores per block lol. The women out there though 
pimp.gif
 #nonstop

My first cell phone and I went swimming at that snorkel spot you were at.
laugh.gif

Dope video though, makes me miss that trip a lot.

The ABC stores though, one thing I remember from them was that they had condoms like 4 inches in diameter.

Originally Posted by PUREADDICT

Originally Posted by chiang2k6

gonna be in hawaii in september. what are some can't-miss spots in oahu?
Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Damn that food looked good as Hell brah...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

My absolute favorite thing I did out there (besides feastin) was snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Then parasailing next. I really wanted to hit up a shark cage for footage, but I guess the waves were too rough when we went. Every first timer should hit up a Luau too, we were at Paradise Cove over in Ko Olina. But yeah bro the list goes on for @!#% to do out there. Use Yelp, Groupon, and LivingSocial to your advantage.
As for the food, the best thing I had was Giovanni's shrimp truck up in North Shore. People say Romy's down the street is bomb too though. Fresh poke salad at Kahuku Suprette too. Ono's for some authentic (least I think it was) Kalua Pork and Lau Lau. Musubi for days   
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Kahuku Superette is the real deal authentic local food. Most people don't make it to that part of the island but it's worth it if you want a unique experience.

And Maui is by no means less touristy than Oahu. Oahu has Waikiki, true, but Maui has a significant amount of mainland transplants as well as a gigantic service industry.

Went there in '04. Best time of my life.
pimp.gif
I was young as hell though.

Need to go back asap.

you went Ono's over Helena's??!!?? 
shame on your guests for that one 
mad.gif
  j/p... next time out here, Helena's for hawaiian food... you decide which is better (some do say Ono's but I go Helena's) 

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

mad.gif
  j/p... next time out here, Helena's for hawaiian food... you decide which is better (some do say Ono's but I go Helena's) 
I didn't even hear about Helena's lol. I'll peep that spot next time fasho though good look bro

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Went there in '04. Best time of my life.
pimp.gif
I was young as hell though.

Need to go back asap.

Not sure if you're from CA or not, but Allegiant Air is going to start doing super cheap deals for RT flights.. might wanna check out them for prices!

sick video.. even if it was on that touristy tip. Cant hate on it too much, Im just glad my hometown was a blessing to you brah! Unfortunately I too reside in this silly city of Sacramento now LOL go figure. Thanks for bringing me back a bit for 2 minutes much appreciated!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

info on this cheap Allegiant Air R/T tickets? been looking no luck here.

PUREADDICT! great video man!! Mad respect! I went to oahu in 2010 w/ my wife. Brought my gopro too! have a lot of footage, especially bodyboarding footage. you have inspired me to make a video too some day. AWESOME!! my wife and I enjoyed it!

I use to live down that street of that spot Marukame Udon on point and it's cheap for Waikiki.  I lived in Waikiki for 2 years, it's nice if you're new in town but then I got over it fast.  Glad you liked your stay out here fam.  

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

mad.gif

Highway Inn is the real deal. Where the locals go. 

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

laugh.gif
@ Maui not being touristy... LESS touristy

goto Kauai if you really wanna see Hawaiin living...
indeed.  
Kauai is sooooooooooooo slow paced compared to Maui and Oahu

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Sweeeeeet video man 
pimp.gif
  I'll be back on Oahu in two weeks, might make a video for my Hawaii thread now 
laugh.gif

Dope let us know when you post. What equipment do you use?

Back
Top Bottom