• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 I'm curious what do you guys have on your phones where you would need an SD slot for more than 32gb?

Whats with the lack of SD card support on all these new phones? im loving the HTC One but not having expandable memory is a deal breaker for me, this is the main reason why i didnt get the Nexus 4.....

I hope this is not something every company starts doing in the near future.....

This is also one of the main features that Android has over the iphone.

Companies are moving to cloud storage.

I'm curious what do you guys have on your phones where you would need an SD slot for more than 32gb?

For me it's not whether or not I need the 8/16/32/64 GB, it's about accessibility. I don't want to have internet to be able to access my own files. With companies eliminating unlimited data, why would I use data to listen to music or look at old photos?

music.
dont tell me about a cloud because not everyone has unlimited data.

video.
they give you all the devices with bigger screens to enjoy watching video but want to limit how much space i have to store these videos? :smh:
again, dont tell me about a cloud because not everyone has unlimited data.

games
games have gotten way bigger in recent years and require a lot more space than they did before, they give these big presentations about how powerful these new phones are and how they can play any hd game with ease yet barely give you enough space to store them.

I use my phone as a music player so all my music is put onto my sd card.

Im also always downloading movies or more music from my phone when im at work.

I download roms straight from my phone onto my sd card and each rom can be up to 800mb.

I also keep all my backups on my sd card from switching roms....

Just so many things that require lots of storage, I have unlimited data but I just dont like drop box or cloud or any of those storage things....

more storage never hurts....

thats just me tho.

Last edited:
I got all of gucci mane discography all of biggie lupe and other artists. Plus I like to have some movies on there just in case im stuck somewhere and get bored or or something

Also forgot to mention when playing music through the cloud, I hate having to wait for the next song to load. :smh:

I use my phone as a music player so all my music is put onto my sd card.

Im also always downloading movies or more music from my phone when im at work.

I download roms straight from my phone onto my sd card and each rom can be up to 800mb.

I also keep all my backups on my sd card from switching roms....

Just so many things that require lots of storage, I have unlimited data but I just dont like drop box or cloud or any of those storage things....

more storage never hurts....

thats just me tho.

what kinda rom are you using that's 800mb? :lol:

i agree with hating using cloud to play music. it's just inconvenient and not always readily available.

so HTC decided to make the chinese version of the One with dual sim AND microsd slot 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I don't even know with this company anymore

http://www.gsmarena.com/chinese_htc_one_802w_has_microsd_card_two_sims-news-5807.php
[h1]Chinese HTC One 802w has microSD card slot, two SIMs[/h1]
03 April, 2013 | Comments (19)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidDual-SIM

A Sina Weibo user with early access to the HTC One version tailored for China Unicom has pictured the One 802w smartphone. The picture reveals a removable back cover, two SIM slots (WCDMA) and a microSD card slot just under the 4 MP camera lens.

Taking a peak under the HTC One 802w back cover

The HTC One will globally be available with either 32 GB or 64 GB of storage built-in but without the expandable option, which has caused quite a lot of controversy.

There's no word if the 802t (China Mobile) and 802d (China Telecom) versions of the HTC One will also come with expandable storage and two SIMs but the 2 at the end of the product number can be indicative of the dual-SIM abilities. The European version's model number is 801n.

HTC just pissed off all the american android phone geekz oh noezzz. I can't wait until y'all realize that regular people can care less about expandable storage . I'm a tech nerd myself but I stopped giving a rats *** about expandable storage when phones starting coming in 32GB versions but hey I guess I'm in the minority .

Just ordered the nexus 4, is the 30 dollar tmobile prepaid plan online only? If I find that this phone gets te job done i might sell my iPhone 5 to pay off my contract but idk, can I download tmobile a wifi calling or some type of wifi calling to use when I'm at home? In case I don't have good service.

HTC just pissed off all the american android phone geekz oh noezzz. I can't wait until y'all realize that regular people can care less about expandable storage . I'm a tech nerd myself but I stopped giving a rats *** about expandable storage when phones starting coming in 32GB versions but hey I guess I'm in the minority .

I'm not bothered by the lack of sd slots either but it's nice to have that option. what does bother me is the release delays...hopefully the 19th is the day for everyone and not just att

Just ordered the nexus 4, is the 30 dollar tmobile prepaid plan online only? If I find that this phone gets te job done i might sell my iPhone 5 to pay off my contract but idk, can I download tmobile a wifi calling or some type of wifi calling to use when I'm at home? In case I don't have good service.
You can buy the $30 prepaid in stores at walmart or online at walmart. For wifi calling you can use sipdroid.

As far as a case check out the nillkin case on ebay...the bumper cases make the nexus 4 a little wide.

You can buy the $30 prepaid in stores at walmart or online at walmart. For wifi calling you can use sipdroid.
As far as a case check out the nillkin case on ebay...the bumper cases make the nexus 4 a little wide.

Walmart sells the kit? And I'm scared of porting my number down the road because it use to be a paid porting to and from prepaid since you don't have an account number

Back
Top Bottom