• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess the rooms I was trying weren't compatible so I'm stuck with me an bean for now. It's okay but I want something that has a good toggles on the navigation bar

My tmobile SIM card gets here Monday so by Tuesday i will know if I will keep this since I can take it to work and see coverage too. Just have to get use to the subpar camera but everything else will be fine if my signal doesn't suck.

My tmobile SIM card gets here Monday so by Tuesday i will know if I will keep this since I can take it to work and see coverage too. Just have to get use to the subpar camera but everything else will be fine if my signal doesn't suck.

:pimp: :pimp: good choice

IDK I Guess I`m use to Iphones being fragile but I dont even see a need for a case on this, people made it sound like it was super fragile feeling. I ordered a case thats a bumper with a plastic clear back, prob wont use it.

[COLOR=#red]Surprised you took the leap. I'm sure you'll find that it's a great phone. If anything a change from iOS. Sometimes it's not even about what is better...that can be so subjective, but having something different is cool sometimes...breaks up the monotony.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Surprised you took the leap. I'm sure you'll find that it's a great phone. If anything a change from iOS. Sometimes it's not even about what is better...that can be so subjective, but having something different is cool sometimes...breaks up the monotony.[/COLOR]

only took the leap for cost purposes honestly lol I already know how Android is I`m flashing CM10 right now hopefully that is as smooth and fast as you all say. And God the Camera on this is horrible.

only took the leap for cost purposes honestly lol I already know how Android is I`m flashing CM10 right now hopefully that is as smooth and fast as you all say. And God the Camera on this is horrible.

:lol:

[COLOR=#red]Well good thing it's a COMMUNICATIONS device and not a point and shoot camera right? :lol: I mean I'm sure it's good enough for pics that will find its way to FB, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Flickr, and what not. Like really that's all it has to be good for. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Well good thing it's a COMMUNICATIONS device and not a point and shoot camera right? :lol: I mean I'm sure it's good enough for pics that will find its way to FB, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Flickr, and what not. Like really that's all it has to be good for. [/COLOR]

I think you might be a few years late because all these smartphone companies are making their camera development one of the big focal points (along with the SoC, screen technology, and design). So he does have a right to be disappointed at the Nexus being subpar.

I think you might be a few years late because all these smartphone companies are making their camera development one of the big focal points (along with the SoC, screen technology, and design). So he does have a right to be disappointed at the Nexus being subpar.
The phone is $300 off contract. They have to cut corners somewhere. 

[COLOR=#red]A few years late? :lol: Dude at the end of the day the sensors in the smartphones are not on par with the point and shoot cameras out today, even though the smartphones are getting marginally better. Do your homework before you try and refute me. Here I'll even start you out look at the specs, and sample shots for Sony RX-100 and Canon S110 which are pretty capable point and shoots. Even some of the lesser point and shoots are better than the mainstream smartphones (I say mainstream because I know Nokia has a few really good ones, and Nokia is not mainstream here in the U.S.)[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I mean coming from an iPhone 5 my blackberry bold took better photos than the nexus and gs3, I just don't get why the photos are so washed out for anything taken indoors. The device is solid its on par with the gs3 speed wise, which isn't bad but me coming from a basic OS such as iOS I don't see it being as blazing fast as people say in this thread. Def not a bad phone, but like I said I will see what happens when my SIM card gets here.

[COLOR=#red]A few years late? :lol: Dude at the end of the day the sensors in the smartphones are not on par with the point and shoot cameras out today, even though the smartphones are getting marginally better. Do your homework before you try and refute me. Here I'll even start you out look at the specs, and sample shots for Sony RX-100 and Canon S110 which are pretty capable point and shoots. Even some of the lesser point and shoots are better than the mainstream smartphones (I say mainstream because I know Nokia has a few really good ones, and Nokia is not mainstream here in the U.S.)[/COLOR]

I absolutely agree with you saying that the point and shoots will likely always be ahead of cellphone cameras spec wise due to the sensor size. What I was trying to point out is that most people these days use smartphones as a primary point and shooter. These companies know that so they are making the camera capabilities better in all aspects, why do think they added shutter speed, white balance ,and iso effects to the camera interface. So I stand by what I mentioned earlier. Having a good camera on a cellphone is one of the most important things to people these days and he does have a right to be disappointed at the poor photo quality of his Nexus.

Thing is dudes don't want to admit or accept when people dislike things, if I wanted a point and shoot I would carry one, just like if GPS was that important I would have a real one instead of my phone. The fact of the matter is a smartphone is an all in one device, can't hate on someone not liking how a feature performs that they use a lot.

I don't even look forward to cell phone cameras i have a dslr for pictures. As long as da phone takes pictures of my dong for da ladies is all gucci

Thing is dudes don't want to admit or accept when people dislike things, if I wanted a point and shoot I would carry one, just like if GPS was that important I would have a real one instead of my phone. The fact of the matter is a smartphone is an all in one device, can't hate on someone not liking how a feature performs that they use a lot.

Correct, most people are using their phones as a camera these days so the phones I'll be getting in the future better have damn good cameras.

I absolutely agree with you saying that the point and shoots will likely always be ahead of cellphone cameras spec wise due to the sensor size. What I was trying to point out is that most people these days use smartphones as a primary point and shooter. These companies know that so they are making the camera capabilities better in all aspects, why do think they added shutter speed, white balance ,and iso effects to the camera interface. So I stand by what I mentioned earlier. Having a good camera on a cellphone is one of the most important things to people these days and he does have a right to be disappointed at the poor photo quality of his Nexus.

Most people use smartphones as their primary P&S but discussing image quality is moot when the majority of that majority are gonna apply a filter over it anyway :lol:

The phone is $300 off contract. They have to cut corners somewhere. 

nah f that.
they cut enough corners with their ******** storage options.

Most people use smartphones as their primary P&S but discussing image quality is moot when the majority of that majority are gonna apply a filter over it anyway :lol:
True, but, you can't dispute that the picture quality is getting pretty good compared to a regular digital camera. And I'm sure alot of people would put a filter over digital camera photos if they had an easy option to like they do with smartphones.

Back
Top Bottom