• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im a bit new to Android. Im on AT&T and I'm trying to figure out which is the best phone. What is the difference between the S2 and the Skyrocket?

Originally Posted by JewelKnows

Im a bit new to Android. Im on AT&T and I'm trying to figure out which is the best phone. What is the difference between the S2 and the Skyrocket?

Skyrocket is just HSPA+ enabled....the first ssgsII isnt

Skyrocket is just HSPA+ enabled....the first ssgsII isnt

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Skyrocket is just HSPA+ LTE enabled....the first ssgsII isnt
Fixed
wink.gif

Fixed
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

Only grip is….siri seems nice. Is there an android version of siri? I thought I seen a video recently of an siri like app for android that works just as well
nerd.gif
yea it's called "voice command" and came out 8 months before siri
it just doesn't do your scheduling doe

there's also iris which is more for lulz

Only grip is….siri seems nice. Is there an android version of siri? I thought I seen a video recently of an siri like app for android that works just as well
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DroSeph

Fixed
wink.gif

So is it better to just go with the Skyrocket? or will i be ok with the S2

Originally Posted by DroSeph

Fixed
wink.gif

So is it better to just go with the Skyrocket? or will i be ok with the S2

I've been busy this weekend y'all need to post on the official nexus thread though will redo the 1st post and NEW MUST HAVE APPS WILL BE UPDATED

I've been busy this weekend y'all need to post on the official nexus thread though will redo the 1st post and NEW MUST HAVE APPS WILL BE UPDATED

Originally Posted by yayer

nerd.gif

False. "There are many other personalized features in Siri, including the ability to set reminders based on your location. You can ask Siri to remind you to pick up milk once you leave work, or to buy donuts for the office as you're leaving home. Location-based reminder functionality can also be used in non-Siri devices running iOS 5 through the Reminders app.

Siri can also process and store your personal relationships. You can tell Siri who your mother is, who your siblings are and so on. And, as long as those people are in your address book, Siri will call them upon request. So you can say, for example, "Call Mom" instead of "Call Joan Smith" (or whatever you mother's name happens to be).

Siri also offers a number of extras that Voice Actions currently doesn't have, such as the ability to schedule calendar events, get stock info, retrieve basic facts and figures from Wolfram Alpha, and set alarms and timers."

No lie, Siri is the bomb.com. You don't realize how useful it is to set your alarm or schedule by voice in the real world until you have the option.

Real life example: I'm making dinner and my girlfriend texts me. My hands are dirty so instead of cleaning my hands I just use the clean part of pinky knuckle and activate Siri.

Siri reads the message, I reply. We send about 5 texts back and forth and all I have to do is press the home button
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

False. "There are many other personalized features in Siri, including the ability to set reminders based on your location. You can ask Siri to remind you to pick up milk once you leave work, or to buy donuts for the office as you're leaving home. Location-based reminder functionality can also be used in non-Siri devices running iOS 5 through the Reminders app.

Siri can also process and store your personal relationships. You can tell Siri who your mother is, who your siblings are and so on. And, as long as those people are in your address book, Siri will call them upon request. So you can say, for example, "Call Mom" instead of "Call Joan Smith" (or whatever you mother's name happens to be).

Siri also offers a number of extras that Voice Actions currently doesn't have, such as the ability to schedule calendar events, get stock info, retrieve basic facts and figures from Wolfram Alpha, and set alarms and timers."

No lie, Siri is the bomb.com. You don't realize how useful it is to set your alarm or schedule by voice in the real world until you have the option.

Real life example: I'm making dinner and my girlfriend texts me. My hands are dirty so instead of cleaning my hands I just use the clean part of pinky knuckle and activate Siri.

Siri reads the message, I reply. We send about 5 texts back and forth and all I have to do is press the home button
pimp.gif

the new iphone is crack

im just interested in android tablets for flash, i cant do ipad

but iphone>any android phone right now

the new iphone is crack

im just interested in android tablets for flash, i cant do ipad

but iphone>any android phone right now

write your whole paragraph about siri but with the gs 2 you put it in voice command mode/driving mode so you just speak and wont have to touch the phone with your dirty pinky now thats 
pimp.gif

write your whole paragraph about siri but with the gs 2 you put it in voice command mode/driving mode so you just speak and wont have to touch the phone with your dirty pinky now thats 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by djuzi05

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

dude is the technology version of sillyputty

Soooo the Droid 4 looks like it's basically a RAZR with a keyboard.
I am sad, looks like I'll be getting the Galaxy Nexus now...or wait until summer for the Edge. If that even comes to VZW

Back
Top Bottom