• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's funny, I've never had much issue with the Google keyboard (especially after they added that SwiftKey-esque gliding) so I don't typically experiment with other keyboards, yet I went and grabbed that SwiftKey Neural joint the instant I saw Lobo's post :lol:

I'll live with it for a few days, but it's cool off of this first use. It doesn't feel too different yet.

I need to try it for more than 5 minutes but I'm skeptical. Google keyboard already incorporates predictive/context-dependent suggestions that utilize not just your past typing but also info from your Google apps and from the web. plus I can do pc-keyboard layout, which I can't seem to get to work with Swiftkey.

both need to add a better landscape-mode keyboard though. and Google needs to add the option for arrow keys.

I am the 1%. I've been with Swype since day 1. Can't get down with the nuances of the other keyboards.

Gonna have to check out the new Swiftkey though.

I need to try it for more than 5 minutes but I'm skeptical. Google keyboard already incorporates predictive/context-dependent suggestions that utilize not just your past typing but also info from your Google apps and from the web. plus I can do pc-keyboard layout, which I can't seem to get to work with Swiftkey.

Both need to add a better landscape-mode keyboard though. and Google needs to add the option for arrow keys.

All of this, especially the bolded portion. This is the my favorite feature so far, because trying to control that tiny cursor precisely while typing intricate posts/fixing mistakes can be a pain in the ***.

Last edited:
Google's keyboard has been terrible for me w/ predictive text, I'll be swiping to spell "teacher" and it'll give me "terrific" :lol:

Verizon increases the price of unlimited data plans by $20 a month
If you're still on a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon, your bill is about to go up. On November 15th, the carrier confirmed to Engadget that it'll increase rates for those customers by $20 a month. The company says that less than one percent of its customers fall into the category of still having the old unlimited plan and aren't currently under contract. Verizon also says that any user currently under contract with unlimited data will not see the price hike until their agreement is up for renewal.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/08/verizon-unlimited-data-price-increase/

:smh:

Last edited:
I am the 1%. I've been with Swype since day 1. Can't get down with the nuances of the other keyboards.

Gonna have to check out the new Swiftkey though.

I'm with you. My first Android phone was the T-Mobile G2, which had Swype pre-installed. I really don't know any other keyboard. :lol:

I've always preferred the Google keyboard to Swype and SK because it felt smoother and more responsive to me. I'll try that new SK again though

I used to have Swype, then they added that Dragon text or something and locked me out unless I paid for it, didn't really think it was worth paying for at the time.

So they are ONLY selling the 5x and 6P online? they won't be available through carriers? 

Thats the plan. Google is doing it to bring more exposure to their online store. Can't say I'm a fan of their decision, but due to poor Nexus 6 in-store sales, I can see why they decided to.

I tried Google Keyboard after seeing how popular it was on reddit.. and it's solid, but I'm just too used to Swiftkey.

It did feel a little smoother, more natural to type on, but I didn't like how the punctuation was set up, I much prefer Swiftkey having the option to long press on the standard keys to access it.

I'm going to try the Swifkey NK for a little to see how it goes. 

T-Mobile made up for my less than stellar Assurant experience :D

I'll be able to select any phone offered by T-Mobile and pay the cost of a replacement deductible whenever a phone I want comes out. I'd much rather just have a new Nexus 6, but all things considered, it worked out just fine. I think I'll wait to check out the LG V10 in stores, and if I dislike it I'll go with a Z5 if its announced in the next few weeks.

F Assurant tho.

Last edited:
T-Mobile made up for my less than stellar Assurant experience :D

I'll be able to select any phone offered by T-Mobile and pay the cost of a replacement deductible whenever a phone I want comes out. I'd much rather just have a new Nexus 6, but all things considered, it worked out just fine. I think I'll wait to check out the LG V10 in stores, and if I dislike it I'll go with a Z5 if its announced in the next few weeks.

F Assurant tho.

Good to hear T-mo is working with you. It's one of the reasons I don't ever sign up for third-party insurance/warranty.

BTW for anyone who signed up for Nexus Protect, claims are handled by Assurant.

We gotta sign up for it if we want jump tho 
mean.gif

Thats the plan. Google is doing it to bring more exposure to their online store. Can't say I'm a fan of their decision, but due to poor Nexus 6 in-store sales, I can see why they decided to.
Interesting. I can't say I'm a fan either. They shipped a phone that was rather big for the average user (especially without a smaller counterpart), and expected it to do numbers. 

P.S. I'm glad you got that situation cleared up. 
pimp.gif
happy.gif

Last edited:
least they could do for subjecting us to constant ads on youtube is give dude a free phone. jeez :smh:

The new Swiftkey Neural Keyboard is different than usual predictive keyboards.

Here's an excerpt from Gizmodo's write-up...

Up until now, most prediction models for keyboards have used software that examines the last one or two words typed, finds the word that you’re statistically most likely to type next, and suggests that. It’s a sound enough model, but one that completely ignores the context of a sentence.

Swiftkey’s neural network keyboard, an alpha piece of software that you can download for Android devices right now, uses a different model. It assigns every word in a sentence a numeric code, based on the model’s previous training on common English sentences. Those codes are then compared by the neural network model, which eventually spits out the ideal prediction code. The keyboard then finds the words that most closely match that code, and recommends them.

Here's the difference in practice...

So is there an actual release date for the Nexus 6P or is it just being shipped within the next 2-3 weeks? Also do Nexus phones sell out and get back ordered with the first shipment?

Back
Top Bottom