Want to Change the World? Vol. KONY 2012

The movement that this will bring 
eek.gif

pimp.gif

I discovered this video not from NT, but my Facebook newsfeed. It's all I see being posted right now. Even people are changing their profile pictures in support of KONY 2012.

The thing is, I can bet the majority of those people will not do anything to actually support, other than show an appearance on Facebook that they are interested. Am I being a **** for thinking this way?

Regardless, if Kony is indeed captured, this will be historic at extreme levels.

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Method Man should try to get all of NT involved

if he did, people would be all over it and try to donate.

whats an action pack? and what happens 420?
nerd.gif

That video is pretty intense and inspiring. Im in 100%. Will be zoned posting posters on 420

Originally Posted by MartianRefugee

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by fly23s

lol this dude really thinks the elite care about some African kids?
na homie they out for the oil.
exactly.
in order for us to live the luxurious lives that we are accustomed too people around the world like the people in africa and all these 3rd world countries are suffering.

its either us or them and out of natural instinct we dont wanna give up our good lives for someone else.

sad but true
so much truth here

I mean really lets  address the root issue rather scapegoat

The elite DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS. That's why we need to make it popular in order to MAKE THEM CARE ABOUT IT. The government will be forced to listen if it's population is screaming loud enough for them to do something.

This isn't about our luxuries, it's about our stand as a human race. These kids don't even have a choice with their lives.. they're hiding and standing by while their families get killed man..

Kony has nothing to do with us living our luxurious lifestyles. He doesn't affect America at all. He affects hundreds of thousands of lives in Uganda, and we can stand to stop it while those who are suffering can not.

If we can end all of their suffering and begin their recovery process, why not? Why not do something good for the world instead of sitting back and watching? Do you want future generations to read about how America, one of the most powerful countries in the world, did nothing to try to stop the murders and massacres of all of these people?
30t6p3b.gif
cmon man have a heart. Saving all of these people's lives isn't going to affect the way we live ours.. just will affect all of theirs in such an amazing way.

Originally Posted by bkmac

eek.gif

pimp.gif

I discovered this video not from NT, but my Facebook newsfeed. It's all I see being posted right now. Even people are changing their profile pictures in support of KONY 2012.

The thing is, I can bet the majority of those people will not do anything to actually support, other than show an appearance on Facebook that they are interested. Am I being a **** for thinking this way?

Regardless, if Kony is indeed captured, this will be historic at extreme levels.
No you're not....it's reality. People needa stop being frontin' like they're e-saints. %@+*'s blowing up all over my FB feed for no apparent reason knowing damn well nothing is being done by these individuals other than the simple click of a button. Like I told em all, if you really give a @+$$, go volunteer for the red cross or something and go over there.

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Exactly. It's all symbolic.

And historic how? If this dude had been captured last week, nobody would have heard of him, and these threads talking about him don't exist. So how historic is it, really (on a global scale)?

Look, I'm all for getting rid of bad people like this. Hell, if they find him, put a few bullets in his head and call it a day. But I'm just being realistic and honest, not idealistic, like so many others.

Just donated bro.
Appreciate you making those of us who dont have a fb aware of this.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Method Man should try to get all of NT involved

if he did, people would be all over it and try to donate.

whats an action pack? and what happens 420?
nerd.gif
An action pack is a box full of posters / stickers that are going to be used on *@%#/2012 by everyone who has one throughout the night until the morning to be put up EVERYWHERE across the country in order to get KONYs name known. When everyone wakes up and goes outside, the goal is to have KONY posters and stickers all over the place.. If he's known and seen everywhere, people will wonder and go look into the issue. When people look into the issue they will hopefully try to help out in some way, which is the ultimate goal. To get all the support possible so that the Government has to listen and step in to make it's people happy.

Glad to see NT getting involved!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good intentions but it's just a flavor of the week.

remember the troy davis situation from a few months back. everyone was voicing their opinion and making their views heard then within a week it was back to regularly scheduled programing.

i hope this situation stays getting the attention it deserves but i wouldn't be shocked if people move on to the next big story within a week or 2.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

eek.gif

pimp.gif

Exactly. It's all symbolic.

And historic how? If this dude had been captured last week, nobody would have heard of him, and these threads talking about him don't exist. So how historic is it, really (on a global scale)?

Look, I'm all for getting rid of bad people like this. Hell, if they find him, put a few bullets in his head and call it a day. But I'm just being realistic and honest, not idealistic, like so many others.
You guys seem to be missing the part about the hundreds of thousands of lives that will be saved and rescued / changed by catching this guy.. I not only shared it on Facebook, I bought a bracelet and will be buying a action pack soon in order to support and I also think I shared it on here and helped some people find out about him and his actions. Even if you don't support it, just share it for people who will.

He's almost like the new age Hitler to the Uganda people.. that's pretty damn historic if you ask me. Not to us, because it doesn't affect us. But to the human race it is, and that's definitely a global scale.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Like I told em all, if you really give a @+$$, go volunteer for the red cross or something and go over there.
I'm glad you agree with me, but realistically, we can't expect people (our [Facebook] peers) to actually go over to Africa and the areas affected and help. What I was getting at was those clicking "Like" buttons or "Yes" for the April 20th event, I can easily weed out who might actually participate, and who definitely will not. That's why I feel like I'm being a ****, because I'm expressing my opinion on a matter where my energy should be used to help, and not criticize.

The most I would consider doing is buying/donating for an Action Kit. I just can't see myself going out on April 20th and partaking in the event though.

Like I mentioned earlier, I hope Kony is captured and dealt with accordingly to save the lives of all the children involved, and for the children of the future.

That's very noble of you, I commend you for that if, it is indeed, your true intentions. These folks are all talking about bringing attention to our congress, but there are just astronomical amounts of idiocy surrounding the propagation of this news. The video mentions the producer knowing Jacob for over 10 years....10 years...not to mention the time before the producer was aware of the issue himself. Do we honestly think our government (the most powerful and resourceful on this Earth) is guilt-free of this issue? I'm pretty sure they've known it for years...as much as i want a child-abuser of Kony's extent to burn in hell....what are the chances in our lifetime, if we've already let it slide for so long? History repeats itself, this isn't the first known/ignored genocide we've had....hell even the UN hasn't followed up on its word to end such atrocities, the hell makes us think our above-the-law country would give two @+*!@ about it without our self-interest in mind? It doesn't quell the minds of these politicians to do so...

That's very noble of you, I commend you for that if, it is indeed, your true intentions. These folks are all talking about bringing attention to our congress, but there are just astronomical amounts of idiocy surrounding the propagation of this news. The video mentions the producer knowing Jacob for over 10 years....10 years...not to mention the time before the producer was aware of the issue himself. Do we honestly think our government (the most powerful and resourceful on this Earth) is guilt-free of this issue? I'm pretty sure they've known it for years...as much as i want a child-abuser of Kony's extent to burn in hell....what are the chances in our lifetime, if we've already let it slide for so long? History repeats itself, this isn't the first known/ignored genocide we've had....hell even the UN hasn't followed up on its word to end such atrocities.

Our Government HAS known about this fam.. they just haven't done anything because the people didn't know about it for the most part.. they have no reason to do anything about it since it's not threatening US.. but if we, the people, step up and make it known to the Government that WE want something done about it, they're going to listen. The point is to NOT let is slide any longer.. you think that the video producer had the money and time to start Invisible Children overnight? No. This thing is huge and it took 10 years to get it there.. now it's time for everyone to get involved and make our Government help humanity. Even if all you want to do is share a video, it's better than doing nothing. Feel me?

So we take this guy down. Then the next one who replaces him? Then the next guy after that? Now we're obligated to stop EVERY crime lord on the planet?

Atrocities like this shouldn't exist but is it feasable to stop them?

$30 for the action kit...we spend so much money on useless stuff.......$30 is nothing..lets support Nt.

I think Nt should get involved. I say we all pm method man... I am going to right now.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

So we take this guy down. Then the next one who replaces him? Then the next guy after that? Now we're obligated to stop EVERY crime lord on the planet?

Atrocities like this shouldn't exist but is it feasable to stop them?
The US teams that are over there right now are training the Uganda military.. improving them. If this is done on a bigger scale throughout Uganda, it will not happen there again.

The producer also states that Kony is #1 on the ICC list, and needs to be dealt with. The list is long but if there's international support eventually, they may all be dealt with one day. It's a dream, but he also said that his thoughts about the movement getting this big was also a dream.

For me, as a person of action, it doesn't suffice for me. To be quite honest, it doesn't compell me enough for me to take personal action in support of this given the current happenings of the life I'm in right now. I feel like enough people are sharing, but not enough is being done. I'll end on this note, I wish all the best for those in Uganda and every other place where people are suffering, that's all I can afford to do

Edit: I also feel like this issue is some sort of a gimmick. I have a feeling that the gov't of the world powers will simply wait until the fervor dies down, and be totally content with those who feel truly obligated left to protest in small scale on the street.
Kanye-Shrug2.jpg

For me, as a person of action, it doesn't suffice for me. To be quite honest, it doesn't compell me enough for me to take personal action in support of this given the current happenings of the life I'm in right now. I feel like enough people are sharing, but not enough is being done. I'll end on this note, I wish all the best for those in Uganda and every other place where people are suffering, that's all I can afford to do

Edit: I also feel like this issue is some sort of a gimmick. I have a feeling that the gov't of the world powers will simply wait until the fervor dies down, and be totally content with those who feel truly obligated left to protest in small scale on the street.
In before a keyboard humanitarian rips you a new one for not supporting a cause they just found out about and haven't donated to 

Kanye-Shrug2.jpg

take action and don't let the fervor die down

^ we'll see.. that producer never thought that his movement would get this big, and I don't think the Government did either. Maybe one day you'll be saying the same thing.. 

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

In before a keyboard humanitarian rips you a new one for not supporting a cause they just found out about and haven't donated to 

If you're referring to me, I've already bought a bracelet and will be buying my action pack once i get the money to do so.. I'll also be taking part in the overnight event that's planned, and I think there's a lot of people who have donated. More than I can think of actually.

laugh.gif
and so what if i just found out about it? So many people have just found out about it and that's the whole point of this. To get it known and out there. I'm doing more than just posting a "In before.." reply in a thread about the issue. You know his name now and the movement that's going on so that just proves that more and more progress is being made.
pimp.gif

All I gotta say is "The hope and willingness of thousands > the disapproval of few"
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom