Was I being rascist?

So I'm sitting in the library with my boy and we feel the urge to get some bubble tease
pimp.gif
, but we arent sure how much it costs. So there was this asian chick who was sitting right across from me and I go ahead and ask her;

Me: Hey, do you know how much the bubble tease cost (theres only one store)?
Her: Um I dont drink bubble tease
Me:
tired.gif

Her: Thats kinda racist.

I mean if someone asked me something related to my background and I knew I would let them know whats good. If I didnt I would let them know I cant help them, but not call them out for being racist.

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

It sounds like an honest mistake unless you specifically asked her because she was Asian.

he did ask her because she was asian..........yea its kinda racist, i know id be heated if i was sitting down and some random dude came up to me and asked how much an 8 peice at kfc cost

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

It sounds like an honest mistake unless you specifically asked her because she was Asian.

he did ask her because she was asian..........yea its kinda racist, i know id be heated if i was sitting down and some random dude came up to me and asked how much an 8 peice at kfc cost
I must have missed the part where he stated that he asked her because she was Asian. 

If I see a dude with a Jamaican shirt and I ask him does he know where a Jamaican restaurant does that means Im racist

But wait why did you ask her how much it cost?

I mean, if somebody asked me how much a 2 piece and a biscuit cost and if the chicken tasted like my mama made it, then yea Id be offended. So yea, you assumed because she was asian and asian people love bubble tea, she would automatically know how much it cost and where the closest place is

Yes I did ask her because she's Chinese, but is that racist or practical? Its not like I asked her if she knows how to reverse park or something
laugh.gif

This is what bubble tea is

bobadrinkcups.jpg

Comes in all different kinds of flavors like strawberry, vanilla, cherry, watermellon, mango, peach, and the list goes on.

Those black balls are called tapioca. They ite, but I substitute them out for broken up lychee jelly instead with mango ice milk tea
pimp.gif
eek.gif

What is Bubble Tease? Too many people don't understand the actual meaning of racism but that doesn't mean its ok to blatantly generalize and paint people with stereotypes. Did you ask her because she was Asian?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

What is Bubble Tease? Too many people don't understand the actual meaning of racism but that doesn't mean its ok to blatantly generalize and paint people with stereotypes. Did you ask her because she was Asian?
also it seems that the OP means Bubble tea, the drink but there is a place that sells it called Bubble Tease. OP is just being annoying 
he just said he did. Alot of asian people like bubble tea, not trying to be funny about it. But like I said, I would feel some kinda way if somebody asked me about popeyes

My bad, theres a place in Toronto called Bubble Tease (that joint is def a tease, got me lookin at the window with my tongue salvating), but its actually called bubble tea.

I asked her how much it was cause I already know where it was, I just didnt wanna go there short handed. Everyone buys a bubble tea once in a while so I figured she might know the price.

So I was racist?

Yeah we know what bubble TEA is dude. tryin to come out here second reply actin like he didn't say bubble tease every single time
laugh.gif

technically yes. if sum1 asked me what them prices lookin like at the local fried chicken spot, id be like
grin.gif
too.

so you +$#@%* up dunny.

Back
Top Bottom