Was I being rascist?

I think you pretty much stereotyped her as drinking enough bubble tea to know how much it costs. Stereotyping dosent necessarily constitute racism

its a lowkey racial jab

be like asking an indian how much a bowl of curry cost or a mexican how much a taco costs or asking a black person how much a packet of kool aid costs

you get the drift

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Rascist and bubble tease.

That red line under words isn't just for decoration my man.
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] My brother from another mother[/color]

That's like when Jerry asked the mailman where the nearest Chinese restaurant was and the mailman turns around. The mailman was Asian but Jerry couldn't tell from behind, but the mailman still got offended.

When you type bubble tease..i thought you were asking for something else..
laugh.gif

Then I assume..you meant bubble tea..

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

its a lowkey racial jab

be like asking an indian how much a bowl of curry cost or a mexican how much a taco costs or asking a black person how much a packet of kool aid costs

you get the drift
this.  but "racist remarks" are kind of subjective.  some ethnic groups set the bar of whats "racist" when they get hurt when their background is the subject.  and then other people are unsure of whether things that can be said of equal value for other backgrounds are safe ground.  its like a mountain of opinions that never gets reset.  

I'm Asian and I don't think it was racist.

Have you ever asked a Black kid if he wanted to play pickup basketball with you? I'll be damned if that's pegged as racist
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

you weren't being racist, just stereotyping.

we stereotype all the time. it's not a big deal. it's pretty much an instinctive way of dealing with life in a more convenient manner.

TBH, she was only offended because you weren't the same race as her. if you were asian and you asked her, hell you probably would've gotten a laugh and a number.

That's hella sensitive. So I'm supposed to get offended if someone asks me where to get some bomb Mexican food?
People get offended over the wrong things and let the wrong %%%! slide.
This racism thing is completely backwards

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

ppl need to learn the difference b/w racist and ignorance
Sometimes you can't see a difference, though.
He only asked because she was Asian. Not really racist, just a stereotype. 

Originally Posted by scshift

Have you ever asked a Black kid if he wanted to play pickup basketball with you? I'll be damned if that's pegged as racist
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

It seems practical to me. She should grow a pair, unless you were being a ^%#$ about it, which it doesn't sound like. People ask me all the time about good Arab restaurants; it's not racist, they're just inquiring about something related to my culture.

nah you being prejudice not racist

i only think someone is racist when they use a prejudice to hold back or offend someone intentionally

It's racial stereotyping. she said it was kinda racist. she was right. No need to get butthurt over it. just realize that you shouldn't stereotype people based on the color of their skin, and keep it moving.

Back
Top Bottom