Watching a WNBA game and....

kilroythedon

Supporter
I decided to look into how much they earn. Apparently the league maximum is $105,000 dollars. Gilbert arenas is earning 45 million over last year and this year. Am I bugging by thinking they are getting g'd?! Are there any wnba players with there own signature shoe????

nobody watches. if more people watched they'd get paid accordingly.

they are well aware of that just like the rest of us. if they don't wanna do it they don't have to.

I mean they only play 34 games. However the league minimum...there's people with average jobs who make more than them.. It's not like the games are dead. I'm watching one now and there's people in the crowd. There's less people at Brooklyn net games during the regular season.

How am I wrong? I have gone to a nets game this year and there was almost no one there. The tickets were free and I got free food so I ain't complaining but I spent most of the game walking around the Barclay center buying food after my free food was done. This game that's on espn there are more people here than a nets game. Added to the fact the Brooklyn nets give out a boatload of free tickets.

Last edited:
I actually sat and watched the first quarter of the NY Liberty vs Chicago somethings to see Delle Donne play. It was brutal
sick.gif

Im pretty sure a 12 year old AAU team could beat every WNBA team fairly easy

There's a reason they sold ad space on their jerseys. The league has been in the red for a long time now. Stern kept it propped up, but it'll be interesting to see what Silver does.

I actually sat and watched the first quarter of the NY Liberty vs Chicago somethings to see Delle Donne play. It was brutal
sick.gif

Im pretty sure a 12 year old AAU team could beat every WNBA team fairly easy
Nah they're not far along enough in physical development but yea once they get to 14-15 years old an elite AAU team wouldn't have any problems.

Last edited:
It's not even about that. I have all the respect in the world for competitive athletes regardless of sex, It's just the natural physical disparity between men and women. For an example the U.S. Women's national soccer team is largely a collection of the best women players on the planet. They regularly play elite 14 and 15 year old boys club teams and lose. 

Back
Top Bottom